With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 252 of 256 FirstFirst ... 152202242249250251252253254255 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 2553

Thread: Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

  1. #2511
    Super Moderator Theigno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    where did the kunemon find so many digieggs?
    I don't see why them finding Digitama would make a difference for what's about to hatch from them... Those outbreaks probably happen naturally when the system is particularly... "buggy".

    I generally tend to favor grouping armors into Adult as their "actual" level, just like Super Ultimates are technically still Ultimates. Especially considering the status of Digimentals as ancient evolution trinkets it seems an elegant solution to classify them as averagely weaker (because more primitive) "hacky" adult level Digimon from when the "true" adult level was difficult to achieve.

    Anyway, even when they were placed "above" adult as they arguably were in Savers for example they were still clearly not equivalent to Perfects in any way, still perfectly beatable with adult Level Digimon and used as cannon fodder in parts of the story when actual Perfects were still portrayed as challenges.

  2. #2512
    Super Moderator TMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,157
    Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    where did the kunemon find so many digieggs?
    I don't see why them finding Digitama would make a difference for what's about to hatch from them... Those outbreaks probably happen naturally when the system is particularly... "buggy".
    Muur may have meant Digimentals, which, like Digitama, were called Digi-Eggs in the dub for some reason.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

  3. #2513
    I come from the net Muur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,096
    Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    yes. the armor digieggs. so the kunemons would use the digieggs to become the flybeemon and the other guys.

    doesnt arcadiamon somehow use a "digimental" to become his ultra stage? and same for ulforce? (in digimon masters) doenst really make sense that
    Last edited by Muur; 02-02-2019 at 02:29 AM.

  4. #2514
    I'm going digital McGann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    557
    Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    MadLeomon is one of the better Xros Wars Digimon as his mode change has no other Digimon parts. In the Pendulum he's an adult (like Angemon vs Devimon) just uses his Armaed mode while attacking.
    MadLeomon was one of my favourites from that run. Ideally, I'd like his Armed form to be integrated into the larger system as a Mega for Giromon:

    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

  5. #2515
    Super Moderator Theigno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    yes. the armor digieggs. so the kunemons would use the digieggs to become the flybeemon and the other guys.
    In that case I don't get why multiple Digimentals would be necessary in the first place when they could have all used the same one (note how none of the profiles ever pluralize the term).

    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    doesnt arcadiamon somehow use a "digimental" to become his ultra stage? and same for ulforce? (in digimon masters) doenst really make sense that
    The V-Tamer Digimental is a different concept completely unrelated to armor evolution.

  6. #2516
    Completely digital Chimera-gui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    817
    Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by YongYoKyo View Post
    In the TCG, which is outside of the anime, practically every single Hybrid are capable of evolving from any Adult or Perfect (or both) Digimon, as long as they have the respective Spirit.
    And the TCG is also highly questionable in terms of null canon, a point I've made on multiple occasions on the Wikia regarding Minotarumon's level and how Justimon as a species / collection of subspecies works.

    Also, it is completely your personal headcanon that Nefertimon was a mistake.
    No, not even close as I've seen multiple people across the web that were rightly furious at how badly Nefertimon as a concept was executed.

    There is nothing wrong with having all Armor be the same level tier. Rather, it's a fact that they're all the same level, Armor-level. Level and power of strength are not strictly tied together.
    Except nines out of ten however, they are. Magnamon and Lucemon are both treated as outliers and thus shouldn't be used to. What's more, having Armors be equivalent to the next level up from the Digimon undergoing Armor Digivolution actually eliminates what makes Magnamon an outlier because you can just have it Armor Digivolve from Perfects to be an Ultimate level stage.

    As I've said before, the most consistent way to classify Armor is in a single level tier.
    It's an illogical and completely arbitrary consistency though. The idea of Armor being the equivalent to the next level up from the Digimon undergoing Armor Digivolution has a logic that makes it consistent: It's that digimon becoming stronger and Digivolving by putting on armor, emphasis on Digivolving. It's not treated as a Slide, it's treated as progression.

    This is why your argument of classifying classifying Armor as a single level tier doesn't work because by that logic, no Armors should be equivalent to Adult not even Gatomon's because 02 nerfed her as a stage.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 02-02-2019 at 06:39 PM.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

  7. #2517
    Ain't got no mojo... citramon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Age
    25
    Posts
    24
    Hey. Stop fighting.

    Anyway, here's something cool with recolors. Blue Dukemon is from Rumble Arena.

  8. #2518
    I'm a Maniac
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    And the TCG is also highly questionable in terms of null canon, a point I've made on multiple occasions on the Wikia regarding Minotarumon's level and how Justimon as a species / collection of subspecies works.
    Still outside of the anime, and it is also the only non-anime media regarding evolution for most of the Hybrids, excluding Agnimon and Lobomon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    No, not even close as I've seen multiple people across the web that were rightly furious at how badly Nefertimon as a concept was executed.
    ...So it's still headcanon, just one that is shared with a very vocal minority. Random people on the internet are not exactly authoritative figures in official canonicity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    It's an illogical and completely arbitrary consistency though. The idea of Armor being the equivalent to the next level up from the Digimon undergoing Armor Digivolution has a logic that makes it consistent: It's that digimon becoming stronger and Digivolving by putting on armor, emphasis on Digivolving. It's not treated as a Slide, it's treated as progression.


    This is why your argument of classifying classifying Armor as a single level tier doesn't work because by that logic, no Armors should be equivalent to Adult not even Gatomon's because 02 nerfed her as a stage.
    It's not illogical, but rather a fact that all Armors are the same level. There can be progression in strength without going into another level classification. Even if you use Armor in place of a level progression, Child>Adult>Adult>Ultimate is still a completely legitimate line, just one that makes use of both Slide and Warp Evolutions.

    What is inconsistent and goes against the fundamentals of Armor-level is to have it widely vary based simply on what it evolves from. Fladramon evolving from a Perfect? Then you end up with an Ultimate-level Fladramon which, by all intents and purposes, is illogical. Armor isn't some fluid concept; it's a fixed level category. The individual members of the level category may vary in strength, but they still belong in the same category. Replacing Armor with Adult is simply just that, keeping all of the fundamentals about Armor the same except the name. A rose by any other name. It also isn't contradicted by "exceptions" like Nefertimon, Magnamon, and Rapidmon; unlike your way.

    I'm not even sure what you're trying to say in that last sentence. How is Child>Adult a Slide Evolution? Or are you putting words into my mouth or something.

  9. #2519
    I come from the net Muur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,096
    Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by citramon View Post
    Hey. Stop fighting.

    Anyway, here's something cool with recolors. Blue Dukemon is from Rumble Arena.
    ChaosGallantmon Core? interesting. I've been thinking they need to make "ChaosGallantmon Chaos Mode" from this toy "canon" in games and stuff:



    but I suppose CGmon Core is something that was already used in a story game, so it'd be cool to see it back. Ophanimon Core is slightly redundant with Ophanimon Falldown



    though the fire does make me think of shinegreymon burst mode, so I guess falldown mode would be the ruin mode to core mode.

    then again core mode was evil anyway lol

    also, bluemeramon does used a few ice moves, but his point is mostly to be fire more powerful than Meramon, so perhaps you can find something a little more fitting.

  10. #2520
    Super Moderator TMS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,157
    Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I think BlueMeramon fits in that line. All of its attacks involve ice or cold.

    Also, stop the pointless back and forth about Armor level. I can say that because unlike everyone else who’s said it I’m actually a mod.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •