With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 251 of 265 FirstFirst ... 151201241248249250251252253254261 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 2641

Thread: Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

I'm a Maniac
    In the TCG, which is outside of the anime, practically every single Hybrid are capable of evolving from any Adult or Perfect (or both) Digimon, as long as they have the respective Spirit.

Also, it is completely your personal headcanon that Nefertimon was a mistake.

There is nothing wrong with having all Armor be the same level tier. Rather, it's a fact that they're all the same level, Armor-level. Level and power of strength are not strictly tied together. Regardless of whether evolving from Salamon or Gatomon, Nefertimon is an Armor-level Digimon with the strength of an Adult (at most, a very strong Adult). Likewise, regardless of whether or not it evolves from Veemon, regardless of whether it evolves from Child or Adult, Magnamon is an Armor-level with the strength of an Ultimate.

As I've said before, the most consistent way to classify Armor is in a single level tier. This is strictly a category-classification, not a power-classification. And the most officially-recognized category counterpart to Armor is Adult. That doesn't mean Armor is strictly limited to a Child>Adult>Perfect>Ultimate model. As I've mentioned, Child>Armor>Ultimate has been used, and Child>Armor>Armor>Ultimate has also been used. Rather, in the cases where Armor evolved from Adults, they're unable to evolve to Ultimates.
    Last edited by YongYoKyo; 02-01-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I'd stop fighting on it before Marc arrives.

Red shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by citramon View Post
    I see you liked the template, so I made a few adjustments to make it more flexible.

And now, going a bit off-topic, there used to be very popular "trainer template" threads on 4chan's /vp/ board and they were not for roleplaying or anything like that, despite the template being useful in rp stuff. Well, thing is I've made a tamer template and I don't know if there's already a thread like that in here or if I should start one (in which subforum, if that's the case?) or if we can do that here because of the lines. Link to the image here to not pollute the thread with a big image.
    This reminds me of a template I'd tried to make for myself on PSCS5, it was for *insert character name* from another series as a tamer. Sadly, I couldn't finished it, due to my laptop lagging.

Their partners had some digivolutions I created for fun.
    Last edited by DPTronazel; 02-01-2019 at 12:16 PM.

I come from the net
    I like the line at least Panic. Even if History Channel is really odd now. heh heh Seriously though.

Quote Originally Posted by YongYoKyo View Post
    Slide evolution is a thing. Nefertimon was never treated as a Perfect-level Armor, despite evolving from Gatomon. Adult seems to be the standardized equivalent, as all of the X-Antibody versions of Armor Digimon (excluding Magnamon) are all used as standard Adult Digimon (including Rhinomon in the Digimon X), which would be a step-down from Perfect.

Personally, unless their profiles explicitly state that they have Ultimate-level strength like Magnamon, Rapidmon, and Gold Veedramon; I think it's best to classify Armor as Adults, or at least stronger-than-average Adults. That said, there's not really a Perfect-level turtle Digimon except Shawujinmon/Sagomon, but they're turtle kappas instead of quadrupedal turtles.

I really like Archelomon to Zudomon because Zudomon retroactively had Archelomon's shell on his back after it was created.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    It helps that the Hybrids at least have a system that is comparable to the classic level system making slotting them into traditional levels possible even if there are inconsistencies.

Honestly, "Xros Wars" feels like a pseudo-level being used as a placeholder until their actual Levels are fully finalized. I'd certainly believe it given how Xros Wars has been a complete pain in the ass for cataloging Digimon in other ways with how some Digimon in XW like MadLeomon can fill multiple niches and some fusions, namely the Digimon + Armament Mode ones, don't really fit into any Level.
    MadLeomon is one of the better Xros Wars Digimon as his mode change has no other Digimon parts. In the Pendulum he's an adult (like Angemon vs Devimon) just uses his Armaed mode while attacking.

This conversation reminds me how Centaurmon can temporarily mutate into Saggitarimon canonically in his profile which is apparently not an armour evolution. What was with that?
    Last edited by flintlock; 02-01-2019 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    Slide evolution is a thing. Nefertimon was never treated as a Perfect-level Armor, despite evolving from Gatomon. Adult seems to be the standardized equivalent, as all of the X-Antibody versions of Armor Digimon (excluding Magnamon) are all used as standard Adult Digimon (including Rhinomon in the Digimon X), which would be a step-down from Perfect.

Personally, unless their profiles explicitly state that they have Ultimate-level strength like Magnamon, Rapidmon, and Gold Veedramon; I think it's best to classify Armor as Adults, or at least stronger-than-average Adults. That said, there's not really a Perfect-level turtle Digimon except Shawujinmon/Sagomon, but they're turtle kappas instead of quadrupedal turtles.

I really like Archelomon to Zudomon because Zudomon retroactively had Archelomon's shell on his back after it was created.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    It helps that the Hybrids at least have a system that is comparable to the classic level system making slotting them into traditional levels possible even if there are inconsistencies.

Honestly, "Xros Wars" feels like a pseudo-level being used as a placeholder until their actual Levels are fully finalized. I'd certainly believe it given how Xros Wars has been a complete pain in the ass for cataloging Digimon in other ways with how some Digimon in XW like MadLeomon can fill multiple niches and some fusions, namely the Digimon + Armament Mode ones, don't really fit into any Level.
    MadLeomon is one of the better Xros Wars Digimon as his mode change has no other Digimon parts. In the Pendulum he's an adult (like Angemon vs Devimon) just uses his Armaed mode while attacking.

This conversation reminds me how Centaurmon can temporarily mutate into Saggitarimon canonically in his profile which is apparently not an armour evolution. What was with that?
    so this is his chainsaw?

I'm a Maniac
    A fair amount of Armor Digimon make references to other non-Armor Digimon in their official profiles, probably to give them a natural place in the world and flesh out the Digimon ecosystem. Some of these references are rivalries (Lynxmon to Garurumon; Allomon to Tyrannomon), evolutions (all of the Knowledge Armors, except Digmon and Searchmon, to Kunemon), mutations (Sagittarimon to Centaurmon; Peacockmon to Delumon), death evolutions (Ponchomon to Togemon), and friendships (Maildramon to Knightmon; Ponchomon to Bakemon).

A fair amount of Armor Digimon make references to other non-Armor Digimon in their official profiles, probably to give them a natural place in the world and flesh out the Digimon ecosystem. Some of these references are rivalries (Lynxmon to Garurumon; Allomon to Tyrannomon), evolutions (all of the Knowledge Armors, except Digmon and Searchmon, to Kunemon), mutations (Sagittarimon to Centaurmon; Peacockmon to Delumon), death evolutions (Ponchomon to Togemon), and friendships (Maildramon to Knightmon; Ponchomon to Bakemon).
    I don't think that counts for Kunemon, it states:

"It is a mythical Digimon that is said to have evolved in a mutant-like manner due to the power of the Digimental when Kunemon emerged in large numbers."

"Like Flybeemon, Honeybeemon and Butterflamon, it is a mythical Digimon that appears during a large Kunemon outbreak."

it doesnt state they evolve into them. if anything it sounds more like they killed these kunemon and evolved to fight them.

I'm a Maniac
    None of them mention anything about fighting Kunemons. It just says that they sporadically evolve/emerge during a large Kunemon outbreak, which implies that a few Kunemon out of countless Kunemons underwent mutations into these Armors. This also parallels with actual insect outbreaks, as with such a large amount of births and consecutive generations, variations and mutations are much more noticeably common.
    Last edited by YongYoKyo; 02-01-2019 at 10:27 PM.

where did the kunemon find so many digieggs? I guess theyre not really rare.