With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 249 of 255 FirstFirst ... 149199239246247248249250251252 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 2543

Thread: Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Alphamon for the final stage, just cuz of Alphamon from Cyber Sleuth being female lol

and sistermon blanc suggested not by muur, oh my

Completely digital SuperStarlite's Avatar
    Follow SuperStarlite On Twitter Visit SuperStarlite's Youtube Channel Add SuperStarlite on DeviantArt
    Alphamon is a good idea too, thank you.

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Add MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    your line inspired me, so i made a line for another historical figure

Dracomon for the Dracul = son of the dragon, translation.

I come from the net
    OK MoT. The Turtle one works. And I kind of like the Dracula one. Plus props from not doing the obvious. heh

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    While Slide Evolution is a thing, Armor level Digimon are generally treated as stronger than the Digimon undergoing Armor Digivolution.

While Gatomon is a weird case and was frankly mishandled in my opinion, Nefertimon by all accounts should have treated as a Perfect-level Armor just as Angewomon is a Perfect level Digimon.

My idea is meant to be the simplest way the define the Armor level's power without arbitrarily restricting them to bring equivalent to only one Level even when it makes no sense to do so as in the case of Gatomon.

I do like the Dracula line too.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 01-31-2019 at 02:44 PM.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

I'm a Maniac
    Once again, Slide Evolution is still a thing. Just because it's stronger, doesn't mean it's automatically the next level. An Adult Digimon evolving into a stronger Adult Digimon does not make the latter a Perfect-level. There is a wide variation in power levels between Digimon of the same levels, and it's to the point that level is more of an indicator of an individual Digimon's life-stage rather than a universal indicator of a Digimon's strength in comparison to others.

It seems more arbitrary to try to shoehorn Armor-level into the standard Adult>Perfect>Ultimate model when it is distinctly its own category and follows different rules than normal evolution, like the 7+ tiers of Xrosses. And it would also conflict with the seemingly official stance that, when not treated as an Armor Evolution and instead treated as regular Digimon, Armor Digimon are categorized as Adults.

Anyways, here are a couple of my tries with the new template. Very standard lines, but they make a nice parallel.

Follow SuperStarlite On Twitter Visit SuperStarlite's Youtube Channel Add SuperStarlite on DeviantArt
    Wasn't Nefertimon Champion because Gatomon lost her holyring rendering her weaker than a champion?

Anyway, MoT, I LOVE your Dracula line, it works out perfectly! I'm gonna have to think of some other historic/folklore figures to make lines for.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperStarlite View Post
    Wasn't Nefertimon Champion because Gatomon lost her holyring rendering her weaker than a champion?

Anyway, MoT, I LOVE your Dracula line, it works out perfectly! I'm gonna have to think of some other historic/folklore figures to make lines for.
    Sure, but there's also other Gatomons with the ring that can armor digivolve into Nefertimon.

...heck, Gatomon herself (Kari's) with the ring still can... as shown in Digimon Rumble Arena 2. She can then become Angewomon. So in that sense it's Gatomon turning into another champion, and then Angewomon. I guess here Nefertimon is "slightly stronger than Champion", though she should've just skipped the middle part lol.

The way I see it the anime tends to set standards for a lot of digimon. So since Nerfetimon was introduced with a rookie-powered Gatomon, most media will depict it as evolving from Gatomon whether she's rookie or not without editing the actual level of Nefertimon.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperStarlite View Post
    The way I see it the anime tends to set standards for a lot of digimon. So since Nerfetimon was introduced with a rookie-powered Gatomon, most media will depict it as evolving from Gatomon whether she's rookie or not without editing the actual level of Nefertimon.
    The story DS games seems to do varying things with that. theyre ultimate in all of them, however world ds had them come from champions (so exveemon to flamedramon instead of veemon) but then dawn/dusk reverted this and had them coming from rookies again. ...but then didnt use salamon for this in dawn/dusk lol

so you had ankylomon -> kenkimon (world DS), but then armadillomon -> kenkimon (world dawn/dusk)

really, I think they need to just remove armor from the games and put them as champions. in CS, HM, and Links, flamedramon is equal stats to champions (which includes 8 memory), but he cannot digivolve, meaning hes stuck that way. what they should've done is just had him as a champion, with ultimate digivolutions.

heck, they couldve had him turn into magnamon and rapidmon gold

but instead... flamedramon is stuck as a champion equalivilant (his stats are actually lower than greymons for the most part) but ive seen people using him alongside ultimate and megas, cuz muh animu, and I guess they don't relalise he's a champion in everything but name. everytime I said "would you still use greymon at this point?" has been replied with "shut up, flamedramon is bae"

anyway, ultimate in the ds games is gatomon's fault lol. whilst flamedramon i pointless in CS, as yo udont even get him till you already have ultimates, all being stronger than him. even the numemon ultimates