With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 248 of 255 FirstFirst ... 148198238245246247248249250251 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 2543

Thread: Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I think the best would just be Tinkermon cuz she's female and has wings

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Add MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    maybe Sistermon Blanc, female and a connection to the church.

also i really like that Knightmon in that line.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Seconding MOT's idea as Blanc fits Jeanne d'Arc better than Tinkermon.

I come from the net
    I will third that. It does make some sense. I like the line.

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Add MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    nothing new, but turtle line now with fitting babys, also Ebonwumon since he is supposed to be a turtle.
    no JumboKamemon but that guy is more machine and guns then anything else anyway.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    I like the use of Archelomon as the Perfect stage since my personal head-canon is that Armor level Digimon are equivalent to the next level up from the Digimon undergoing Armor Digivolution explaining how Adult level Digimon like Gatomon and Drimogemon are able to Armor Digivolve and why Magnamon alternates between Adult, Perfect, and Ultimate in terms of what it's equivalent to.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 01-30-2019 at 05:42 PM.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

I'm a Maniac
    Slide evolution is a thing. Nefertimon was never treated as a Perfect-level Armor, despite evolving from Gatomon. Adult seems to be the standardized equivalent, as all of the X-Antibody versions of Armor Digimon (excluding Magnamon) are all used as standard Adult Digimon (including Rhinomon in the Digimon X), which would be a step-down from Perfect.

Personally, unless their profiles explicitly state that they have Ultimate-level strength like Magnamon, Rapidmon, and Gold Veedramon; I think it's best to classify Armor as Adults, or at least stronger-than-average Adults. That said, there's not really a Perfect-level turtle Digimon except Shawujinmon/Sagomon, but they're turtle kappas instead of quadrupedal turtles.
    Last edited by YongYoKyo; 01-30-2019 at 07:15 PM.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by YongYoKyo View Post
    Slide evolution is a thing. Nefertimon was never treated as a Perfect-level Armor, despite evolving from Gatomon. Adult seems to be the standardized equivalent, as all of the X-Antibody versions of Armor Digimon (excluding Magnamon) are also classified as Adults, which would be a step-down from Perfect.

Personally, unless their profiles explicitly state that they have Ultimate-level strength like Magnamon, Rapidmon, and Gold Veedramon; I think it's best to classify Armor as Adults, or at least stronger-than-average Adults. That said, there's not really a Perfect-level turtle Digimon except Shawujinmon/Sagomon, but they're turtle kappas instead of quadrupedal turtles.
    Magnamon X is classified as a Champion as well actually, in this card:

https://wikimon.net/D%CE%B1-535

its fine to treat armors as Ultimate (Perfect) as that's what the DS games did

but on the flip side, it's also fine to treat them as Champions (seems to be canon), or even Rookies (Digimon Battle)

I'm a Maniac
    The issue stems from the fact that the Armor-level classification lies outside of the standard Adult>Perfect>Ultimate model. In the case of Digimon Story, Armor was treated as in the same tier as Perfect, but Armor was still its own distinct category from Perfect. When Armor Digimon is used as a proper Armor evolution (with a Digimental and all), then it seems to be fine to place Armor wherever, whether Champion or Perfect or even its own tier. However, in that case, it would be Adult>Armor>Ultimate, not Adult>Perfect>Ultimate.

Rather, Child>Armor>Ultimate is another model instead of Child>Adult>Perfect>Ultimate. In Dawn & Dusk, Veemon could evolve to Fladramon, who can then Jogress straight to Ultimate level, skipping a stage.

It's mainly when Armors are used as normal non-Armor Digimon that the standard of being classified as Adult (such as their X-Antibody counterparts) seems to apply.
    Last edited by YongYoKyo; 01-30-2019 at 07:40 PM.

Completely digital SuperStarlite's Avatar
    Follow SuperStarlite On Twitter Visit SuperStarlite's Youtube Channel Add SuperStarlite on DeviantArt
    Thanks guys, I feel so dumb for not thinking of Sisterman Blanc, she really is the obvious pick!