With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 196 of 197 FirstFirst ... 96146186193194195196197 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 1963

Thread: Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Follow flintlock On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bearmon View Post
    Just noticed that Mercurymon has a bone dagger and it instantly reminds me of SkullBaluchimon. What animal is SkullBaluchimon based on anyway?

I think this is my favourite Mercurymon line I've seen. SkullBaluchimon is nonspecific enough to work since we never got a Were Garurumon recolour in DW.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperStarlite View Post
    Seemingly it's based on the Baluchitherium/Paraceratherium, supposedly the largest land mammal ever.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraceratherium

Huh I had no idea its namesake was a rhinoceros. Maybe it'd be a good evolution of Rhinomon or its X Antibody version? They're sadly going extinct in real life so it'd be fitting if you can get over how it doesn't really look like one. I mean they do specifically mention the baluchi's fossil in the profile. I always saw it as a cat though because of Tobucatmon and Dinotigermon. But the other default lack of meeting requirement lines after that made no sense, (Omekamon>MetalPhantomon>MetalPiranhimon) while the first was Kuwagamon's full line so who knows. I kind of prefer Panjyamon X for Tobucatmon since undead evolutions are kind of morbid and sticks out if they don't stay evil looking. Plus Leomon X has more toes than Panjyamon X which weirds me out lol.

I like Elecmon Virus>MadLeomon>SkullBaluchimon>AncientSphinxmon or Apollomon Whispered for an evil cat line too.
    Last edited by flintlock; 07-12-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Follow flintlock On Twitter
    I tried to make evolutions for Xros Heart.

I made an evolution for all the joke Shoutmons from that one episode, and an regular evolution just because I could.

Otamamon line. Don't ask why but I love Otamamon evolving into Shoutmon (King ver.) because of the whole princes into frogs thing, even though he's a king. Otamamon X I'm pretty sure was meant to evolve into Thunderballmon X but he never does, he has prince Mamemon's crown and a Smiley ____ attack a he's extremely round, and there was never an X Antibody Gekomon or TonosamaGekomon. So now you have a God, King and Prince as their final forms.

Bakumon:

I couldn't think of any adult for Bakumon to Mammon. There has to be something right? Besides armours like Elphamon and Sethmon I mean? If not then that's my favourite choices, but if I go back and add it I'll get addicted to making these and I need to stop now lol.
    Last edited by flintlock; 07-14-2018 at 06:22 PM.

Ain't got no mojo... ZeroxCalamity's Avatar
    I could I understand the addiction part of making these sorts of evolution lines. It's pretty fun!

Anyways, your Xros Heart evolution lines are pretty solid. For Shoutmon's perfect I used Globemon despite that being Gatchmon's Ultimate Grade. They just work so well visually.

As for some Digimon that could work as Adult forms for Mammon are Hanumon (which is my least favorite), Unimon (covered face & wings that resemble Mammon's ears), or Boarmon (has tusks & the head armor). But I could see Elephamon working perfectly.

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Add MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    i went ahead and made the Hindu line, actually not to bad.

Completely digital SuperStarlite's Avatar
    Follow SuperStarlite On Twitter Visit SuperStarlite's Youtube Channel Add SuperStarlite on DeviantArt
    Hindu means fire, apparently. Hahah, it's a great line.

Ain't got no mojo... Fire Scyther's Avatar
    I just made this for fun:

https://imgur.com/6fkTfyb

(forum doesn' really work on images so i'm posting the link)

and this may be wrong but

https://imgur.com/a/YpCi1ke
    Last edited by Fire Scyther; 07-15-2018 at 07:51 PM.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Scyther View Post
    I just made this for fun:

https://imgur.com/6fkTfyb

(forum doesn' really work on images so i'm posting the link)

and this may be wrong but

https://imgur.com/a/YpCi1ke
    put this but without spaces

[ img ] link [ /img ]

Although it appears you're trying to link to the album rather than the image. Right click the image, click "copy image address" and then put the link. Like this https://i.imgur.com/6fkTfyb.png and this https://i.imgur.com/VWLW1o2.png these two links with then work with the img tags

I do like Petaldramon -> Ceresmon
    Last edited by Muur; 07-15-2018 at 08:01 PM.

Ain't got no mojo... Fire Scyther's Avatar
    Thanks for the advice!

I've also considered putting Floramon and Sunflowmon as Petaldramon's Rookie and Champion forms too.

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    @flintlock Those are some pretty inventive lines. I really like ShignGekkomon to Sujinmon, and the JijiShoutmon line.
    @MoT & SuperStarlite It is strange that a Hindu line was so fire-heavy.
    @Fire Scyther I did a similar line, but I had Ebonwumon as the Mega. Not many floral dragons.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Add MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    yeah the fire theme was pretty dominant, kinda wish they would make a Shiva fire Digimon, you know since he is the destroyer.

well i guess i do some of the other myths too.
    here is Norse

went ahead and used ThiaLudomon, the Tyr connection seems more viable then using Wolf, Lwe or maybe Dobermon.
    supprisingly these fit rather good together, Velgrmon goes nicely into Ragna-, Valkyri- and Sleipmon. Zudomon into Vike- and Olegmon.
    Garmmon into Beowulf-, Sleip- and Valkyrimon.