With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 195 of 197 FirstFirst ... 95145185192193194195196197 LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 1968

Thread: Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by YongYoKyo View Post
    I am of the belief that TiaLudomon is named after Týr (specifically the [ティア] romanization) and would thus fall under the category of Norse and Germanic mythology.
    I know, but I'm not quite sold on it yet. It seems to be an uncommon rendering of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfTartarus View Post
    nice list TMS, though shoudn´t Xuanwumon and Zhuqiamon fall into chinese myth? as far as i know are they part of the 4 chinese beast along with Qinglonmon and Baihumon.
    I think that I misplaced them, forgetting that I'd put the other two into Chinese Myth.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    I know, but I'm not quite sold on it yet. It seems to be an uncommon rendering of the word.
    It's not too rare of a rendition. Tia [ティア] is used whenever Týr is pronounced as tier or tear (/tir/). It's also the literal romanization for Týr used by Google Translate and Microsoft Bing Translate. At the very least, Tia has been used as a romanization for Týr more often than for teal (which is actually romanized as tīru [ティール]) and Theia (while similar, teia [テイア] is still distinct from tia [ティア]).

Back onto the topic of evolutions, how are these lines?

Kotemon - Dinohumon - Knightmon - Craniummon
    Gabumon/Elecmon - Drimogemon - Giromon - Craniummon
    BlackToyAgumon - BlackTyrannomon - MetalTyrannomon - Machinedramon

I think these have probably been done before as they're not very imaginative or creative. I just wanted to create some cohesive lines for Craniummon and Machinedramon.

Also, does Shutumon work well as an Ultimate for Junomon?
    Last edited by YongYoKyo; 07-10-2018 at 09:05 PM.

I come from the net
    Add The Golux on Steam
    I usually use Gladimon as Craniummon's adult. The Mugendramon line looks fine though you could use regular Black Agumon if you wanted.

EDIT: Also, TyrLudomon would make sense with the wolf association.
    Last edited by The Golux; 07-10-2018 at 08:53 PM.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Dinohumon felt more fitting as a transition between Kotemon and Knightmon (and not just because Dinohumon is closely associated with Kotemon, though that is a minor reason). Gladimon's diminutive stature and his dual rapiers seem out of place.

I went with BlackToyAgumon mainly because it fits with Machinedramon itself, as it is a Metal Empire Digimon.

Completely digital SuperStarlite's Avatar
    Follow SuperStarlite On Twitter Visit SuperStarlite's Youtube Channel Add SuperStarlite on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by YongYoKyo View Post
    Also, does Shutumon work well as an Ultimate for Junomon?
    Yeah I like to use Shutumon! Especially with Penmon as the rookie and Peacockmon as the champion.

Just noticed that Mercurymon has a bone dagger and it instantly reminds me of SkullBaluchimon. What animal is SkullBaluchimon based on anyway?

Follow SuperStarlite On Twitter Visit SuperStarlite's Youtube Channel Add SuperStarlite on DeviantArt
    Seemingly it's based on the Baluchitherium/Paraceratherium, supposedly the largest land mammal ever.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraceratherium

It doesn't really look like a baluchitherium though. If anything it looks like some kind of smilodon, and it's usually put in lines with other catlike Digimon like Tobucatmon and Dinotigermon. Its profile does say that its data comes from counterfeit fossils though, so that might explain the inaccuracies.

I guess they were just playing off the whole "largest mammal" more than what type of animal it actually was.

Add Tero on DeviantArt
    It's kinda like AncientMegatheriumon. That doesn't look like megatherium either.