With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 180 of 281 FirstFirst ... 80130170177178179180181182183190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 2801

Thread: Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

I personally wish there was a "Feudal Sakuyamon" wearing Japanese armor.
    Pokťmon fan at heart, but growing to like Digimon.

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    GranKuwagamon was actually Wormmon's Mega first IIRC. It's also been shown alongside Ken a few times. Grandis is likely to be the Fighter Mode equivalent. There's also the addition that Gran was made a Free type in the reference book to fit Wormmon, Stingmon and DinoBeemon. (and the rest of the 02 cast).

As for Hudiemon, I'd rather something more feminine, as she's a female Stingmon, I guess. Ceresmon for the Mega, perhaps.

Hudiemon - Sirenmon - Ceresmon? I'd sub in the fire Armour guy in her place for the Jewel -> Bancho.

I don't remember ever seeing Ken with grankuwagamon? Could you please tell me where this is? I know that grankuwagamon was designed for the line but my gripe is just that it ties Wormmon to the kuwagamons who are their own thing and it feels like it does short shrift Wormmon and Stingmon by giving them an evolution that is tacked on from another line's concept. Jewelbeemon definitely feels like it carries the flow of the line so much better than dinobeemon, its more humanoid and swift looking like Stingmon as well as having somewhat of a lighter, holier, purer look that fits with the line thematically, being linked to the digimental of Kindness.

Yeah I just placed Hudiemon there to show it in parallel to Veedramon (as I said these weren't really lines but just placing them all together in their respective levels) but honestly, I can now actually see it evolving to Jewelbeemon. Both are more humanoid than any other insect digimon and have similar masks showing human faces underneath. If it helps, imagine one or the other as a more masculine/feminine version of them. OR its just like Darcmon>Hippogriffmon>Murmuskmon where its explicitly female then not female.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTakato122 View Post
    Gran Kuwagamon first appeared in D-3 Digital, Detect & Discover Version 1, to digivolve in to him you need to Jogress Dinobeemon with Atlur(Mega) Kabuterimon on the Tag Tamers, or D-1 Tamers WonderSwan game. To get Dinobeemon you need to Jogress Stingmon with XV-mon in the D-3 Version 1. Gran Kuwagamon first digivolved from Okuwamon on the Dα-241 from the Digital Monster Card Game Alpha Evolve. 3. If it makes you feel better you can just digivolve Stingmon directly into Bancho Stingmon. Only thing missing from that image is Imperialdramon Paladin Mode, Black Imperialdramon Dragon Mode and Black Imperialdramon Fighter Mode .
    I have put Paladin Mode on there but its quite missable. Thank you for reminding me of the black variants though, I had forgotten they were a thing!
    Last edited by snimon12; 05-22-2018 at 04:39 PM.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Digimon Card Battle on PS1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTakato122 View Post

I'm waiting for Gallantmon (Orange)
    I'd use MedievalGallantmon, since he's a Data type too . Gets rid of a potential recolour and uses a lesser known Digimon
    I know about MedievalGallantmon, but the fact that there's a Sakuyamon (Silver), BlackMegaGargomon, Kuzuhamon and ChaosGallantmon kinda makes me want to keep the theme up.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Yeah, the partner Digimon had a few extra forms in Digital Card Arena. Kenís Wormmon also appears as Coatlmon and Shadramon, Takeruís partner becomes Baromon, and Hikariís partner becomes Tylomon. That way all six of the 02 Chosen have two Armor forms.

Snimon12 you're entitled to your opinion and preference, but all the 02 ultimates are tied into more than one species in some way.

Imperialdramon = Paildramon and Vdramon's line. (Remember Vmon came after Vdramon, and the manga Vdramon came from an Agumon.)
    Vikemon = Shakkoumon and Ikkakumon's line.
    Valkyriemon = Silphymon and Angemon-species Digimon visually and with inspiration from Angewomon

There's also a black, red and gold vdramon and Master Vdramon

Flamemon - Agunimon
    Strabimon - Lobomon
    Tinkermon - Kazemon
    KoKabuterimon - Beetlemon
    ??? - IceBearmon/the rest

Junior Commander
    Penmon kind of works for the Ice line. It at least offers some nice symmetry with DaiPenmon. YukiAgumon kind of works too, though it's not as symmetrical. Only ones I can think of off top my head.

I feel it bears mentioning that, unless I'm greatly mistaken, the only way to get GranKuwagamon in the D3 that it debuted in was to Jogress it with AtlurKabuterimon. Same for all of the 02 Perfects, so they were made more with that in mind than a natural progression, even though Imperialdramon and Valkyrimon especially look more "natural" than the others, especially Shakkoumon and Vikemon. The show chose to keep Imperialdramon, but there's no reason if they ever show up in anything else that they HAVE to keep their previous Ultimates, especially since Jou now has Vikemon

I did thin SnowAgumon but I wanted something that would fit an ice bear tbh, I guess there's not much. I don't think I like Penguinmon for it. SnowAgumon is prob the best

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    Snimon12 you're entitled to your opinion and preference, but all the 02 ultimates are tied into more than one species in some way.

Imperialdramon = Paildramon and Vdramon's line. (Remember Vmon came after Vdramon, and the manga Vdramon came from an Agumon.)
    Vikemon = Shakkoumon and Ikkakumon's line.
    Valkyriemon = Silphymon and Angemon-species Digimon visually and with inspiration from Angewomon

There's also a black, red and gold vdramon and Master Vdramon
    Well, if I recall correctly, from the V-Pet of 02, the megas were:

Daisuke: PailDramon + MetalGreymon = ImperialDramon
    Ken: DinoBeemon + AtlurKabuterimon = GranKuwagamon
    Miyako: Silphymon + Garudamon = Valkyrimon
    Hikari: Angewomon + Lilimon = HolyDramon
    Iori: Shakkoumon + Zudomon = Vikemon
    Takeru: HolyAngemon + WereGarurumon = Seraphimon