With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 153 of 157 FirstFirst ... 53103143150151152153154155156 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1563

Thread: Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships V.4

I'm going digital SuperStarlite's Avatar
    Follow SuperStarlite On Twitter Visit SuperStarlite's Youtube Channel Add SuperStarlite on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by dansplosion View Post
    A quick wormon chart I did. I wanted to use all of the knowledge armor digimon because they all resemble wormon but only ended up using a few. This is all pretty standard I think but thought I'd share it anyway
    This looks pretty good, except for the fact that GrandKuwagamon is Ultimate, not Perfect. Replace it with an Okuwamon and you're gold, it looks great evolving from Searchmon and it's a Kuwagamon subspecies so it easily evolves into GrandisKuwagamon.

Okuwamon! That's what I was trying to think of, thank you in that case I'll have to change it to Okuwamon > grankuwagamon and another line to grandis. I'll stick imperialdramon fm as well to keep it balanced when I can get to my computer next.

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Add MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    you could just move one of the GranKuwagamons to Dinobeemon (where it belongs)and dismiss Imperialdramon Black

Ain't got no mojo... CrimsonMarvel's Avatar
    Add CrimsonMarvel on DeviantArt
    So a quick question: I see a lot of appmon used in the digivolution lines. I dropped appmon around the 4th episode or something, but don't they use something called app gattai and need another appmon to evolve into their next form? How would that work with normal Digimon lines? Sorry if this had been answered before but I'm really curious about how that works.
    I got none of the mojo's

We use them the same way we use armors, hybrids, and Xros Wars Digimon. Basically, App Gatai is only used when someone wants to make an App Gatai line, the same with DNA evolution and Xrossing.
    Unlike the other three mentioned groups, Appmon’s levels correspond pretty directly to regular levels.
    Standard = Child/Rookie
    Super = Adult/Champion
    Ultimate = Perfect/Ultimate
    God = Ultimate/Mega.

Follow flintlock On Twitter
    I realized something pretty great too. I hope I'm not the only person who will appreciate this. I was always curious about Omegamon's "tube" like design. It shows up in a lot of other Digimon like Rapidmon. I always thought it came from Omegamon himself, but when I was going through the artbook I noticed it actually comes from Andromon. Which is pretty perfect, because Andromon was the prototype for ALL the cyborg Digimon, and in one of the movies Omegamon gets damaged and has wires exposed apparently? Even though he's not classified as a cyborg it makes sense that it would be robotic or biomechanical or whatever you want to call it. They have a very similar bodytype too, and in the artbook concept for Omegamon actually had him looking like a humanoid Digimon, like Andromon. IDK how much is intentional but I just love that the tube thing came from Andromon. It really reinforces that Andromon was an experimental prototype Digimon.

I found out recently that Rinkmon was created from blueprints of Andromon, the Digimental of Miracles and data from a particle accelerator which was pretty cool.

I was going through the 20th Anniversary Book and it made me think of these evolutions. The Dorumon recolours are just concept art as far as I can tell, but I still thought it'd be fun to use. (I used the scans on the WtW Gallery from Marc.)

I realized that Hackmon's entire line has a blade feet motif, and I love Rinkmon so I tried connecting them. I didn't even realize Rinkmon was a cyborg type until recently which made appreciate his design more and is where the mechanical/cyborg like aspects of SaviorHackmon come from. FlaWizarmon gives him the goggles, cape and fire attacks. Jet Rink and Rinkmon are supposed to look like birds, so Penmon/Muchomon make a great duo. I think both could work just as well as regular line and not just a jogress. I was tempted to add Valkyriemon from Cyber Sleuth Hacker's memory as an ultimate but I wasn't sure if a single dragon in that line was weird or not. Jesmon and Valkyriemon actually have the same colourscheme which I thought was cool.

Dorumon concept cats:

Dorumon concept dragons:

Everything in this line is a combination of reptile and beast/dog:

Hacker's Memory made me realize that DoruGoramon has yinyangs on his shoulder, so I thought he might make a cool ultimate for Shakkoumon.

Dorumon to Tobucatmon is absolutely precious and inspired me to make a couple lines as well in the same theme:

First one I (poorly) recolored Dorumon for a nice kitty/woof line. Second one didn't require recoloring; I just really love Sangloupmon.

I come from the net
    I have to say that the last 2 posts have a lot of great lines. Since a lot of people like lines that look like they fit, these really work.

Ain't got no mojo... rsccooperinc's Avatar
    Add rsccooperinc on DeviantArt
    What are your opinion of Cyberdramon digivolving into Darkdramon? I've been planning this evo out for a character concept and just realized I can't find a canon connection for it.

Follow flintlock On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by rsccooperinc View Post
    What are your opinion of Cyberdramon digivolving into Darkdramon? I've been planning this evo out for a character concept and just realized I can't find a canon connection for it.
    I actually like it better than their official lines.

Dorumon to Sangloupmon is perfect I don't know how it wasn't in HaMe. Youkomon's whole linecould fit for more purple beasts too. I like the recolour too.
    Last edited by flintlock; 02-14-2018 at 09:07 PM.