With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 20th Anniversary V-Pets Wave 2 Pre-Orders! D-1 Returns! & Spoilery Meicoomon Evo Info

20th Anniversary V-Pets Wave 2 Pre-Orders! D-1 Returns! & Spoilery Meicoomon Evo Info

We have a stack of new info that'll be of interest to quite a few people...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Pre-Order details, a ton of information and images on the 20th Wave 2 V-Pets... There is also info on the new version of the D-1, and some Meicoomon information that might be considered a spoiler. We won't be spoiler tagging it because it's part of upcoming products, so consider this a polite warning (it's not 'really' a spoiler, but heads up.)

First up are some general details on the 20th V-Pets as a whole.

I won't be going into detail about 'everything' as most of the details are the same as the original 20th Anniversary V-Pets which came out recently.

But a handful of refreshers isn't a bad thing.

Image Thumbnail (custom)
    Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up, just like before, these include the full lineup of the original 5 versions of the V-Pet.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The three anniversary Digimon will also be appearing.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

And if you connect both versions of 20th Anniversary V-Pets together (one of the original colors and one of the new colors), both get an egg for Dorumon which will evolve into Alphamon!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

You can also copy a Digimon between two 20th V-Pets to allow it to battle itself.

Then they've also shown fusion again, but they aren't showing off Examon this time...

If you have the two compatible Digimon battle each other enough times it will cause a fusion!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The example they give of this is BlitzGreymon and CresGarurumon fusing into...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Omegamon Alter-S!

Now, we have images and info specific to each version of the new V-Pets, including confirmation on "exclusive" Digimon!

First up...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Alphamon Color Version!

This version features as it's exclusive Digimon...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Lunamon who evolves into Dianamon!

Then we have...

The Zubamon Color Version!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Meicoomon who evolves into Razielmon! This of course, is also very likely a bit of early tri. Part 5 (or Part 6?) information.

And last but not least...

The Omegamon Color Version!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Coronamon who evolves into Apollomon!

The Meicoomon exclusive is exciting for tri. fans, and I know many people are super happy anytime Lunamon and Coronamon show up.

Also, since a few people are likely wondering this... Lunamon, Coronamon, and Meicoomon appear in the original 20th V-Pets, but much like the 'anime' Agumon and Gabumon from those original two 20th V-pets, these three are listed as exclusive and appear to be special versions of them.

Each of the 20th Anniversary Wave 2 V-Pets also comes with a shikishi board...

The board that you get is based on which V-Pet you order, but as you can see... all three go together to make a panorama style image.

Each is drawn by longtime Digimon designer Kenji Watanabe.

They've in the past said these would be for the first 9,000 buyers, but the only clarification they've given at this point is saying they are 'limited.'

The 20th Anniversary Wave 2 V-Pets are currently available to order at the Premium Bandai store.

Update- Regarding ordering the V-Pets. Premium Bandai is not sold out. They set extreme limits on early purchasing due to the presence of the bonus shikishi boards.

Those are now gone and they have re-opened pre-orders with significantly increased order limits. Re-contact your chosen intermediary and have them DOUBLE CHECK the new Premium Bandai product page. This new product page has a different url and has a very high order limit per person. You should be able to get one easily. This information is also copy pasted at the bottom under the intermediary information.

Update- The initial allotment of the V-Pets have sold out. They have opened up an additional allotment of 20th Wave 2 V-Pets. These are identical but ship in December.

Pre-Orders STILL close on August 17th. The original allotments are still scheduled to ship in November. The URL above has been changed to the url for the December allotment pre-orders.

Update- Another update for those wanting to import... So Premium Bandai won't be selling these thru their USA store still (they are from other countries' Bandai stores) but...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

They've done an English promo image along with making a slightly bigger deal about getting stock to their official intermediaries. All 4 have opened (or in a few cases reopened) pre-orders with apparently new batches of stock for them that should make it extra easy for people to nab them.

Buyee
    From Japan
    Samurai Buyer
    DEJapan

Also, we will have a small coupon from one of the retailers shortly (in a few days.) This isn't an affiliate link, simply a discount code for the Wave 2 20th Anniverary V-Pets (a bit under $5.)

I think these 3 V-Pets will be among the more popular among importers due to the heads up on them existing and people wafting on the original 20th V-Pets wanting to get them. And honestly, now that we have high quality images of the new shells, they look AMAZING. I also gotta say, I love the packaging and how it's a fusion of the classic V-Pet packaging, with modern design elements.

But that isn't all...

Next up we have information on the return of the D-1.

The original D-1 was the series of Digimon tournaments when the brand was younger. The new D-1 will be online.

You will register your Digimon from a 20th Anniversary V-Pet online using name and serial number information from the V-Pet.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

You'll choose two of your Digimon to battle and represent you as your team.

You can also battle the CPU up to 5 times a day (this is separate from the actual Grand Prix.)

Registration for the Grand Prix begins on July 21st and will only be open to people living in Japan.

Last up is information on one of the Digimon from the 2nd wave of V-Pets that we only learned about just up above....

Meicoomon's Ultimate/Mega form... Razielmon!

Razielmon's existence in and of itself isn't a spoiler, but some of her information from the reference book people might want to avoid, so very last warning... (And hey look... the Reference Book updated after a break!) Especially since this information will likely get people talking about a few other bits of tri...

Razielmon is an Ultimate (Mega) Digimon. It's a Vaccine and it's an Ophanim Digimon.

An angel Digimon who was once appointed to the same rank as Ophanimon. It has a mystery power allowing it to foresee everything in the world from Kernel (the Godsí domain). It is said that with that power it has full knowledge of events within the Digital World equal to the amount of knowledge stored by the Gods.

Itís special move, Knowledge Stream, it uses both arms to summon a magic square where it can freely combine any of the Five Elements releasing an enormous amount of energy.

For the extermination of the opponents of every occurring miracle, Sefer Raziel, Razielmon itself does not know what will happen or not.

A few things here will be touched up shortly, but wanted to get up this exciting info...

And for those who want to order those V-Pets...

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get these items sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
    From Japan
    Rider Proxy
    Nippon-Yasan
    Japan Hero

The Bandai Premium store has also chosen to affiliate themselves/recommend a few potential shops to be used as intermediaries for non-Japanese buyers:
    Buyee
    From Japan (this From Japan link shows various items that they waive commission fees for.)
    Samurai Buyer
    DEJapan

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the link to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The links embedded in the news article for the products are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the item listed, so you may want to check that first.

Update- Regarding ordering the V-Pets. Premium Bandai is not sold out. They set extreme limits on early purchasing due to the presence of the bonus shikishi boards.

Those are now gone and they have re-opened pre-orders with significantly increased order limits. Re-contact your chosen intermediary and have them DOUBLE CHECK the new Premium Bandai product page. This new product page has a different url and has a very high order limit per person. You should be able to get one easily.

Thanks to shin and garm for translations.

The post above has been updated and cleaned up a few times.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Razielmon, huh? Wonder if we'll start getting other Digimon named after specific angels. I guess Mastemon already started that trend. By the way, Razielmon's type is Ophanim, same as Ofanimon's.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Razielmon, huh? Wonder if we'll start getting other Digimon named after specific angels. I guess Mastemon already started that trend. By the way, Razielmon's type is Ophanim, same as Ofanimon's.
    That's been fixed.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Oh, I liked Razielmon's design a lot.
    I was expecting to see Meicoomon's normal evolution line at some point, but now I'm surprised (in a good way, obviously).
    Exciting news, for sure!

Add Gigamon23 on Facebook Follow Gigamon23 on DeviantArt
    I'm pretty sure that we've already seen Lunamon, Coronamon, and Meicoomon in the original brown and blue releases from other folks posting on Twitter, so I'm not sure whether these would be "exclusives". It's nice to get official confirmation on their existence, though!

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Virus Busters. At last we will have revenge."
    My Stuff: Digimon: AR Monsters, Digi-Doodles!, My OC Digimon, V-Pet Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Gigamon23 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that we've already seen Lunamon, Coronamon, and Meicoomon in the original brown and blue releases from other folks posting on Twitter, so I'm not sure whether these would be "exclusives". It's nice to get official confirmation on their existence, though!
    They're listed as being specific to those versions on the V-Pet page, so there may be differences with these.

Sort of like how the original ones had Agumon and Gabumon... and then you got an 'exclusive' version of Agumon and Gabumon based on which you bought.

I've clarified that in the news post though. Thanks for pointing it out Giga.

Huh, so by using a sneaky parallel the movie poster was alluding to Meicoomon's true nature: Her Mega form in it is a corrupted Ophanim, just like how Ophanimon FM is a fallen form of Ophanimon.

Anyway, I like her design, they are taking some cues from Tailmon's line again, but it's still an interesting take nonetheless and I do like some of its deviations from Ophanimon such as keeping the feline features of its pre-evolutions. Also, I'm interested in how they're starting to dip into the named angels as I think the concept has potential, I'd love to see how they'd work with those like Samael and Raguel.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    We sort of already have two Digimon based on Samael (Deathmon and Zamielmon). That's not to say they couldn't make a third one, though. It wouldn't be the first time Digimon has reused a concept.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Add Gigamon23 on Facebook Follow Gigamon23 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    They're listed as being specific to those versions on the V-Pet page, so there may be differences with these.

Sort of like how the original ones had Agumon and Gabumon... and then you got an 'exclusive' version of Agumon and Gabumon based on which you bought.

I've clarified that in the news post though. Thanks for pointing it out Giga.
    Oh, good point! I hadn't thought of that. All things considered, it'll be exciting to see how this all fits together, when at some point we have a definitive evolution chart.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Virus Busters. At last we will have revenge."
    My Stuff: Digimon: AR Monsters, Digi-Doodles!, My OC Digimon, V-Pet Blog

Anyone found them on the intermediaries yet?
    Last edited by andrite; 06-26-2017 at 07:53 AM.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast