With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: tri. Part 1 Australia Release Update- Updated Cover, Price, & Release Date

tri. Part 1 Australia Release Update- Updated Cover, Price, & Release Date

Been almost 3 months since we first heard about this...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Updates on the Australian release of Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 on home video!

First up is the date!

It's been moved back from the preliminary date, but it's a short wait of an extra 2 weeks- July 19th!

The Blu-ray is listed at $34.95 with the DVD at $29.95.

The extras are the same as the US/UK release- Interview with the actors and director, along with the behind the scenes of the premiere.

Technical specifications are also very similiar, but we will see what comes up (there were some differences between the US and UK release, especially regarding the intro theme song.)

As expected both English and Japanese audio are listed. 5.1 and 2.0 for English, 2.0 for Japanese with English subtitles.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The cover art uses the traincar image, with the 'straight' variant of the English tri. logo. Part 1 - Reunion is written in a different font and looks relatively nice.

The Blu-ray uses a bit of a border box to avoid cropping the art.

Some pre-order sites for those of you in Australia.

JB Hi-Fi (their BD price is a bit high at the moment, but I'm told they price match easily.)
    Blu-ray
    DVD

EZY
    Blu-ray
    DVD

Information on the other English releases of tri. Part 1 for a reasonable idea of what you guys can expect:
    USA tri. Part 1 Breakdown
    UK tri. Part 1 Breakdown

The previous thread with info on the AU release can be found here.

Thanks to LostinTranslationmon for a bit of Australia-specific help.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Fuck man. I'm leaving Australia on the 9th ;-;

I really feel sorry for Australians, they get stuff soooo late :P

Follow Solomon on DeviantArt Visit Solomon's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Digi_TaKi View Post
    I really feel sorry for Australians, they get stuff soooo late :P
    It's not just the aussies m8, look at us Brits. Sorry if I went off-topic there for a bit.

Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Add Velocifaptor on Google+ Add Velocifaptor on Steam Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel
    Not really a big fan of the 'straight' logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocifaptor View Post
    Not really a big fan of the 'straight' logo.
    Me, neither.

Looks like it's "ripped" from the Japanese site's English logo:

(Don't think you'll be able to view it on the mobile site)

Quote Originally Posted by AmEv7Fam View Post
    Looks like it's "ripped" from the Japanese site's English logo
    Toei has used straight versions of the Japanese and English logos a few other places.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo... MidoriHime's Avatar
    Follow MidoriHime On Twitter
    I'm Australian but bought the American version. It's cheaper to buy even with shipping and it's already arrived at home (I'm living in Japan tho, so I haven't seen it haha It's more for collection completion than anything else). I'd like to support our industry; if we got things say a week after the US at the higher price, I defs would, but with the massive delay and price with generally no product difference I don't see the point :/ I don't like the straight title either.