With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3643444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: 20th Anniversary V-Pet Thread Discussion Tips Etc

Ain't got no mojo... SethmonNSO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arekuxis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xSHiNOx View Post
    btw, how many battles can you do when you have full stamina? 20?
    14 as Child and I think adult. Haven't count after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xros View Post
    Kinda a shame Lilithmon isn't obtainable considering Monzaemon doesn't evolve to any Ultimates
    I don't want to get too off-topic but I love how many Rina Shinomiya fans there are here! She's my absolute favorite Tamer! I first fell in love with her in Decode and now I design my console skins after her.

But yeah, it is unfortunate we don't get any of the Seven Great Demon Lords. I would say that's a missed opportunity but it's always been a bit of a popularity contest when they select Digimon to put in.
    Mine rarely ever make the cut unfortunately. I love UlforceV-dramon Future Mode and Sethmon. I can't remember any time we ever had Future Mode in anything other than V-Tamer 01 and Sethmon only ever appears in the D-3 Digivices.

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Sethmon also appears in Digimon Xros Wars as Apollomon's underling

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Sethmon also appears in Digimon Xros Wars as Apollomon's underling
    Right but I was speaking strictly in video games and v-pets.
    I DO love Sethmon Wild Mode though in Xros Wars.

I guess I got de-throned from my "No.1 Rina Fanboy" title.

Quote Originally Posted by Xros View Post
    I guess I got de-throned from my "No.1 Rina Fanboy" title.
    LMFAO you can still have the title. Rina Shinomiya will always be my #1 waifu though lol.

Getting back on topic. Here are the shipping details for my 20th v-pets:

I'm so sorry I paid for the cheapest and slowest shipping option my children!
    Daddy loves you and I hope you can forgive me one day!
    I swear I'll never pay for the slowest shipping option ever again for any of your brothers and sisters!
    It could take another month before I see your wonderful faces.

Ain't got no mojo... xSol_Badguy's Avatar
    I'm not really expecting too much out of this thing, as I love it and mostly bought it for nostalgia's sake. But is the battle system really this undemanding?

In Singles, you just mash to get your meter as high as possible (13-14 taps)

In Tag, you just pair the two meters in a way that gets you two criticals (1st meter lvl 3, 2nd meter 9 taps)

Is there something more to this that I'm missing? Is there a reason to pick when you're shooting your critical/primary/secondary attack?

It seems even more elementary on the D1 Grand Prix website when you're fighting CPUs, as you literally just pick your Digimon and let them go at it without any input.

Are there hidden stats for every Digimon? I'm sure they're probably not documented anywhere, but I've got to imagine something determines that a Skullgreymon is going to beat an Agumon pretty easily. When I'm battling Digimon with my buddy, since we're battling equally evolved Digimon, the winner seems to be determined merely by whoever's Digimon randomly decides to dodge better.

Does anyone share this experience?

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by xSol_Badguy View Post
    I'm not really expecting too much out of this thing, as I love it and mostly bought it for nostalgia's sake. But is the battle system really this undemanding?In Singles, you just mash to get your meter as high as possible (13-14 taps)In Tag, you just pair the two meters in a way that gets you two criticals (1st meter lvl 3, 2nd meter 9 taps)Is there something more to this that I'm missing? Is there a reason to pick when you're shooting your critical/primary/secondary attack?It seems even more elementary on the D1 Grand Prix website when you're fighting CPUs, as you literally just pick your Digimon and let them go at it without any input.Are there hidden stats for every Digimon? I'm sure they're probably not documented anywhere, but I've got to imagine something determines that a Skullgreymon is going to beat an Agumon pretty easily. When I'm battling Digimon with my buddy, since we're battling equally evolved Digimon, the winner seems to be determined merely by whoever's Digimon randomly decides to dodge better.Does anyone share this experience?
    The pace of the game really starts to speed up when you start to encorperate wave dashing and sheild jabs.

Add Gigamon23 on Facebook Follow Gigamon23 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by xSol_Badguy View Post
    I'm not really expecting too much out of this thing, as I love it and mostly bought it for nostalgia's sake. But is the battle system really this undemanding?

In Singles, you just mash to get your meter as high as possible (13-14 taps)

In Tag, you just pair the two meters in a way that gets you two criticals (1st meter lvl 3, 2nd meter 9 taps)

Is there something more to this that I'm missing? Is there a reason to pick when you're shooting your critical/primary/secondary attack?

It seems even more elementary on the D1 Grand Prix website when you're fighting CPUs, as you literally just pick your Digimon and let them go at it without any input.

Are there hidden stats for every Digimon? I'm sure they're probably not documented anywhere, but I've got to imagine something determines that a Skullgreymon is going to beat an Agumon pretty easily. When I'm battling Digimon with my buddy, since we're battling equally evolved Digimon, the winner seems to be determined merely by whoever's Digimon randomly decides to dodge better.

Does anyone share this experience?
    I notice that this is your first post, so welcome to the forum! To be honest, I wouldn't expect much in the way of complex gameplay as far as the battles go. Compared to the original release, this system is way more player-reliant and nuanced. The original version had a hidden power value ranging from 0-2, and the way the different tiers of characters interacted determined your probability of winning. All you had to do to battle was press the connect button, and a few meaningless shots later, you'd find out who won. The main draw of the virtual pets was not the complexity of the battles, but seeing which of you and your friends could raise what and who ended up with the best win ratio as you battled each other. Here's a chart of how the lineups of the original versions stacked up to each other, for reference. I imagine something like it governs how the 20th version operates, but I think we simply haven't discovered or confirmed that data. (If you want to read more on the original release, btw, Touya has some interesting articles on his blog here.)

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Virus Busters. At last we will have revenge."
    My Stuff: Digimon: AR Monsters, Digi-Doodles!, My OC Digimon, V-Pet Blog

Ain't got no mojo... xSol_Badguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigamon23 View Post
    I notice that this is your first post, so welcome to the forum! To be honest, I wouldn't expect much in the way of complex gameplay as far as the battles go. Compared to the original release, this system is way more player-reliant and nuanced. The original version had a hidden power value ranging from 0-2, and the way the different tiers of characters interacted determined your probability of winning. All you had to do to battle was press the connect button, and a few meaningless shots later, you'd find out who won. The main draw of the virtual pets was not the complexity of the battles, but seeing which of you and your friends could raise what and who ended up with the best win ratio as you battled each other. Here's a chart of how the lineups of the original versions stacked up to each other, for reference. I imagine something like it governs how the 20th version operates, but I think we simply haven't discovered or confirmed that data. (If you want to read more on the original release, btw, Touya has some interesting articles on his blog here.)
    Ah, I see, thanks! And thanks for the reference chart! I'm not sure where, probably somewhere in this forum, but I actually came across that blog post and am already working my way through it, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by markboy124 View Post
    The pace of the game really starts to speed up when you start to encorperate wave dashing and sheild jabs.
    You have no idea how appropriate this is for me :v haha

Ain't got no mojo...
    What exactly do you mean by wave dashing and shield jabs?

Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3643444546474849 ... LastLast