With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 31 of 164 FirstFirst ... 21282930313233344181131 ... LastLast

Thread: 20th Anniversary V-Pet Thread Discussion Tips Etc

Excellent! My SkullGreymon has attained Mega as well. Now, it's time to see how far I can go in battles.

I need that CresGarurumon so bad! Wonder what the requirements are...

Is it wiser to focus on either Single or Tag or just do both?

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Per the original v-pets, the three that evolve into MetalMamemon (and in turn, CresGarurumon) have some very specific requirements including care mistakes, sleep disturbances, and overfeeding.

I don't know how much this applies to the Version 20th, however.
    Last edited by wildwing64; 07-07-2017 at 04:34 AM.

Hey there, first time posting here. I've been a fan of Digimon since version 1 came out. Just a simple question, does anyone know what the requirement is for Zubamon? My Sakuttomon evolved into Hackmon
    Vpet 20th anniversary:

Rust Tyranomon - Active

Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Per the original v-pets, the three that evolve into MetalMamemon (and in turn, CresGarurumon) have some very specific requirements including care mistakes, sleep disturbances, and overfeeding.

I don't know how much this applies to the Version 20th, however.
    Yeah... I don't think sleep disturbances are a thing anymore, considering the fact you can put them to sleep and wake them up as you please.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by darkfent View Post
    Hey there, first time posting here. I've been a fan of Digimon since version 1 came out. Just a simple question, does anyone know what the requirement is for Zubamon? My Sakuttomon evolved into Hackmon
    Welcome to With the Will!

For Zubamon, you need to pick the egg with the lightning bolt shape on it. It should have unlocked along with the Hackmon egg and one of the Dracomon eggs.

I see...I picked the star egg and thought it was Zubamon's because Sakumon hatched from it.
    Vpet 20th anniversary:

Rust Tyranomon - Active

Has anyone compiled a list of all the enemies in the game? Just beat Beruzebuzemon who comes after Lilithmon. The Seven Demon Lords come after facing the Royal Knights. But I don't recognize so many of the sprites. (^.^')

EDIT: Well, I just completed the Single Battle mode. The last boss was Lucemon and it then looped back to Kudamon. Strangely didn't fight Omegamon or Dukemon. I do believe they can only be fought in Tag Battle.

Do you not unlock anything for defeating the last boss? (^.^')
    Last edited by Actar; 07-07-2017 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Actar View Post
    Well, I just got my BlitzGreymon. (^.^) Now I'm worried about their lifespan... Hopefully he'll survive long enough for me to get another V-Pet... (^.^')
    My Blitz is 13 days old and he just won't die
    Currently running: Pendulum Progress 1.0, Digital Monsters ver 20th.
    Playing Digimon World Next Order.

Ain't got no mojo...

Guide: D-1 Grand Prix (22nd July Update)

Guide D-1 Grand Prix
    ================================================== ================================

Update: Dear Digi Tamers, apologise for the late update, Registration for D-1 Grand Prix is now opened (around 21st July evening Japan time). I gone through and translated the event outline, hope it helps those who intend to participate in the Tournament.

================================================== ================================

Hello fellow Digi Tamers, I noticed that there's hasn't been a guide on the D-1 Grand Prix posted here. So I've decided to write one.

Link to D-1 Grand Prix can be found here

(http://digimon.net/20th/d1/)

Content
    1. Registering Bandai Namco ID
    2. Registering Digimon
    3. CPU Battles
    4. D-1 Grand Prix (Updated 22 July 2017)

1. Registering Bandai Namco ID

For those who do not have a Bandai Namco ID, you can use the "New User Registration" button to register an account. The instructions are in english hence I will not post step by step instruction here. In the Region/Country selection, I choose Japan. Note that the Region/Country selection cannot be changed after registration. I read somewhere D-1 Grand Prix is only for Residents from Japan, to avoid any issue down the line, I selected Japan as my Region/Country.

After completing registration from e-mail sent by Bandai Namco, login with your email address and password.

2. Registering Digimon

You need to register Digimon from you Digimon 20th Anniversary Version V-Pet before you can start any battle.

Hover your mouse to the "Digimon Album", on the drop down menu, you'll see (1) List of Digimon, (2)Digimon Registration. Use (2), to register your Digimon.

On the Digimon Registration page,
    • Insert name you have chosen when you first start your Digimon Ver. 20th Anniversary V-Pet
    • Don't worry if you have forgotten your input, it can be found on your V-pet devicego to "Album" (The open book icon on your V-Pet)
      • ​Go to "Album"
      • Your name can be found on the 4th Selection (なまえ)

• ​Password can also be found in "Album" from your V-pet
      • ​Use first selection in "Album" (デジモン)
      • Select digimon using "A" button then "B" twice to display 16 digit password

You will see the following screen if you have completed your registration. If you get an different screen, if could be that you have input the wrong name and password. Double check your name and password from your V-pet.

Japanese Katagana character can be confusing for none Japanese speaker

Japanese character to look out for:
    ソ & ン:These are especially confusing, to the left you have Katagana for "so" and to the right "n" (pronounced as erm replacing m with ng)
    ヤ & ャ: Pay attention to the size of characters, on the left you have "ya" and on the right you have (what I would like to call) small "ya" which act as pronunciation modified for other characters.
    シ & ジ: Here you have "shi" & "ji", the difference being the " on top right of character
    ヘベペ: Here it's "he", "be" and "pe" with the last character having a degree sign on the top right

Pro-tip: If you click on the 2nd button, "Continue Registration", you will be brought to the previous page with your name already pre-filled for you thus saving your time and effort searching for the right character again and again.

Registered Digimon comes in 3 varying strength namely 1 Star to 3 Star. This actually corresponds to the number of heart you have on the strength state (きんりょうく)

Pro-tip: You should train your Digimon to full strength before registering it in the D-1 Grand Prix.

You can register the same Digimon multiple time, however only one version of the same Digimon can be registered for the D-1 Grand Prix.

Below you see a screenshot showing the message you'll see when you try to register the same Digimon twice.

3. CPU Battles

If you have been following the guide, you now have Digimon registered for D-1 Grand Prix. On CPU Battles page, you may select 2 registered Digimon for CPU Battles. Each day you will be given 5 chances to battle against CPU.

Note that losing a match counts towards the 5 matches you have each day so make it count!

After you have confirm your Digimon you would like to use for CPU Battles, on the next page you can select the CPU opponents to battle. ?? indicate opponents not yet unlock. You unlock more opponents/matches as you win matches in CPU Battles.

On this page, confirm CPU Digimon selection

On the next screen, click on the "Battle" word to start the battle

After the match, you can either view Battle records or Return to CPU Battle page

4. D-1 Grand Prix (Updated)

D-1 Grand Prix is now open for registration. Clicking on the first icon, D-1 Grand Prix will lead you to the following screen.

Before you do anything, I recommend you read "Event Outline" as translated below

From my understanding, the winner's prize is an original illustration and High Achiever's Prize (or Top Ranking Prize) is a copy of original illustration.
    Both are physical copies which will be mailed to you after the tournament ends.

In the final tournament, out of 8 players competing in the quarterfinals, 4 winners will then compete until one victor emerges. The 3 players will get "High Achiever Prize" and the victor will of get the "Winner's Prize"
    No prices for preliminary matches.

This is quite straightforward, it will be the same as what you do for CPU battles, except in this case, I am not sure if you are allowed to change your Digimon once you register them for the Grand Prix, so choose wisely!

The note below "Register Adress info" are translated as follows:
    *Address Registration can be done at anytime
    *After recipients of "Winner's Prize" and "High Achiever Prize" has been decided, recipients have 10 days to register for Address Information
    Failure to register before the deadline will result in loss of rights to the prices, so please be careful!
    *Delivery of Prizes will be done in phases at the end of tournament, after addresses has been confirmed.

The above translates as follows:

Rule
    *Each tournament consists of a maximum of 32 player (Website uses Block to quantify the tournament, i.e. 1 block of tournament has a maximum of 32 player tournament format)
    *Victor of preliminary round 1 will be selected to proceed to preliminary round 2
    *The last remaining block will become the Final Tournament (where High Achiever and Winner will be selected)
    High Achiever and Winner of this Final Tournament will receive the "High Achiever Prize" and "Winner's Prize"

*Depending on the number of particiipants, number of preliminary rounds, number of tournaments, participants in each tournaments may change
    Last edited by HoLYGabriel; 07-22-2017 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Updated post with tournament registration info

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    That has been added to the first post as a link as well.