With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 150 of 152 FirstFirst ... 50100140147148149150151152 LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1511

Thread: 20th Anniversary V-Pet Thread Discussion Tips Etc

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatronacepticon View Post
    The evolution guide says it needs at least 15 battles to reach the Ultimate stage. Does this specifically have to be 15 at the Champion stage or are battles at the Rookie stage counted? Do we know if having 15 battles at both stages (30 total) increases the chance of evolution like it did on the originals?
    Only battles at the Champion stage count. And only the most recent 15 battles. If you attain a win percentage of 80 percent or higher for those 15 battles evolution is guaranteed.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by diginut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatronacepticon View Post
    The evolution guide says it needs at least 15 battles to reach the Ultimate stage. Does this specifically have to be 15 at the Champion stage or are battles at the Rookie stage counted? Do we know if having 15 battles at both stages (30 total) increases the chance of evolution like it did on the originals?
    Only battles at the Champion stage count. And only the most recent 15 battles. If you attain a win percentage of 80 percent or higher for those 15 battles evolution is guaranteed.
    Thank you kindly.

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by diginut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueX4 View Post
    Random question: has anyone tried out if the new Vpets version 20th can trigger the jogress glitch in an original Pendulum?

I want to give it a try, but I want to double check that there won’t be any negative consequences if I try it.

I tried. The pendulum only shows the word 'error' when you try to jogress with a ver 20th.
    Thanks! Trying to raise an okuwagamon and see if I can get it to Holydramon.

Was going to try the jogress if it failed but was worried if it caused crashing.

I come from the net
    Continuing the battle tests. Now, you also can't just keep on repeating the experiment until you get the result you want... but I repeated the dodgy three with 200 turns each, and it's looking much better.

Omegamon vs pretend Alter-S: 119/200 = 59.5% (bigger difference than before)
    Examon vs pretend Examon with attribute changed to Vi: 73/200 = 36.5% (bigger difference than before)
    Examon with full str vs pretend Examon with "0 str" power value: 108/200 = 54% (the full-str Examon is winning this time)

Ah, so that digimon electronic communication project is responsible for creating battle scenarios. Now it all makes sense. I seen your project a few times before in the past few years, but just skimmed over it all since it's a bit over my head. Lol...

I come from the net
    Quote Originally Posted by BetamonZ View Post
    Ah, so that digimon electronic communication project is responsible for creating battle scenarios. Now it all makes sense. I seen your project a few times before in the past few years, but just skimmed over it all since it's a bit over my head. Lol...
    Right, I didn't really explain that!

I set up a certain opponent Digimon on the device (a few of which were abnormal, e.g. Virus Examon). Then for each battle, the real V-Pet decides the outcome and transmits it. There are 4 bits which represent the outcome of the first 4 turns. The final reply has a deliberate error, so the real V-Pet transmits the outcome as it normally would and then runs into the error (so goes to the "retry" screen and doesn't battle). After 25 connections, I have 100 outcome bits, and can see how many "1"s are in them.

Something like this, though the V-Pet 20th has 10 boxes from each side:

Ain't got no mojo...
    I had another 2 questions about the Vpet (20th):

Do the digimon evolve at certain ages? Meaning if mine is age 12 I can tell he's about to evolve because they evolve at 15? Or are the ages just different depending on the digimon? I know they evolve in certain hours I just thought maybe the age can be an approximate guess.

Also, when completing battles to drain the stamina bar I notice in some guides you have to have a win % of 80 or more with 15+ wins, but then it also says (100) or (90) after which I assume means tag battle. Is it OK to just do Tag battles and drain the whole stamina bar for both digimon as long as I get at least a 100 or 90% (depending on the digimon) and they will evolve, or should I still stick with doing single battles to get that 80% or higher. I would like to complete both digimon around the same time instead of doing so many single battles two times, but I wasn't sure if it would work like that.

Quote Originally Posted by sharp461 View Post
    I had another 2 questions about the Vpet (20th):

Do the digimon evolve at certain ages? Meaning if mine is age 12 I can tell he's about to evolve because they evolve at 15? Or are the ages just different depending on the digimon? I know they evolve in certain hours I just thought maybe the age can be an approximate guess.

Also, when completing battles to drain the stamina bar I notice in some guides you have to have a win % of 80 or more with 15+ wins, but then it also says (100) or (90) after which I assume means tag battle. Is it OK to just do Tag battles and drain the whole stamina bar for both digimon as long as I get at least a 100 or 90% (depending on the digimon) and they will evolve, or should I still stick with doing single battles to get that 80% or higher. I would like to complete both digimon around the same time instead of doing so many single battles two times, but I wasn't sure if it would work like that.
    Age goes not matter for evolution. It might matter for longevity of life. Not sure on that though.

Only the most recent 15 adult battles count for evolution to perfect. 80% win rate with any combination of tag or single battles.

____
    Red vs. blue corner update:
    All 4 early mega forms are ready to jogress. So far, each set of evolutions have tag battled it out showing equal strength. Red corner leads by 1. Not counting this for Rust and Alter-S. Lol.
    Last edited by BetamonZ; 04-18-2018 at 10:37 PM.

I come from the net
    For evolution to Perfect, it's only the battles that count (training and care mistakes don't matter). For evolution to Ultimate, you only need 0-2 care mistakes (you don't need to battle any more). And depleting the stamina bar is not required for anything.

I PM'd linkwrighton to try to get some things updated.

Only the most recent 15 adult battles count for evolution to perfect.
    Where did this info come from? (I have heard it said for the originals too.)

Wow, Sharp461, one of the answers to your question was already answered on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by BladeSabre View Post
    Only the most recent 15 adult battles count for evolution to perfect.
    Where did this info come from? (I have heard it said for the originals too.)
    Someone mentioned this a while back now in this thread. After having some awkward adult to perfect failures, on top of finding out rookie battles don't count, i followed the 15 most recent battle rule and havn't had a problem since.

I could test this out with the training partners i hatched for Rust and Alter-S. Will battle to create low win rates then pump out 80% wins in 15 battles. Havn't seen anyone mention a failure to evolve with that technique.

Seems like i remember a mention or two about Japanese analysis type information is where this originated from. I could be dreaming. Lol. To be honest, i could of dreamt up the whole thing and started a rumour myself for all i know right now. Just ain't feeling that story though.
    Last edited by BetamonZ; 04-19-2018 at 06:14 AM.