With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 122 12341151101 ... LastLast

Thread: 20th Anniversary V-Pet Thread Discussion Tips Etc

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt

20th Anniversary V-Pet Thread Discussion Tips Etc

As the 20th Anniversary V-Pet is due to hit soon. It is time for a helpful tips/discussion thread to happen.

When you receive yours/find information that is verified feel free to post. Things such as full Digimon lists, evolution guides (i.e how many battles to Perfect, Training to Adults etc).

I still haven't decided if I will even take mine out of the packing!

Update- Some fans have made an English manual for the 20th Anniversary V-Pet. Adding it here for ease of finding it.

Getting Yukidarumon here

Comprehensive Evolution Guide Spreadsheet and Disclaimers in the post (training info is out of date): Here

Another evolution guide here

Growth Charts: Botamon Egg Line | Punimon Egg Line | Poyomon Egg Line | Yuramon Egg Line | Zurumon Egg Line

How to Obtain Version Exclusives Eggs: Here and Here

D1 Grand Prix Guide: Here

Jesmon and Durandamon Ultimate Requirements: Here

Tag Battle and Battle Roster Guides

Sprites are here

Bandai Account Name change here

Always looking to add more info

Some early information I've found on the new V-Pet. All info has been translated from Japanese so there might be inconsistency.

It seems you start with the V1 egg and don't get to choose DigiTama from the beginning.

There is no pause option. If you reset the clock it'll eventually change back to the Digimon

The pooping rate seems to be rather high at first. Higher than normal it seems.

Your Digimon doesn't grow while sleeping. So your Digimon won't evolve overnight while it sleeps.

Kind of expected but the battery is the usual one and not the two small ones from the first three models.

And that's it for now. I'm sure more and better info will come out as soon as people in the West start receiving the unit.
    Currently running: Pendulum Progress 1.0, Digital Monsters ver 20th.
    Playing Digimon World Next Order.

Quote Originally Posted by Vande View Post
    I still haven't decided if I will even take mine out of the packing!
    This is why I ordered extras, just so I can keep some in a BNIB condition for collecting purpose lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Arekuxis View Post
    There is no pause option. If you reset the clock it'll eventually change back to the Digimon
    Probably a non-issue, seeing how the life cycle to reach Ultimate gets cut down to two days (compare to the original that took like a whole week to reach Perfect). I hope you can still force it to go to sleep by changing the clock?

I just need FromJapan to send me the charge for shipping in a few hours, and hopefully I'll get my hands on them by Monday at the latest. Ugh.
    Currently Raising:
    Pen Prog 3.0 - Omegamon (paused for whenever I feel like messing with him again...)
    20th Anniversary Vpet - BlitzGreymon and Mugendramon (battery-tabbed because I'm too busy irl right now)

Add Gigamon23 on Facebook Follow Gigamon23 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Duplicated View Post
    This is why I ordered extras, just so I can keep some in a BNIB condition for collecting purpose lol.
    Not to get too off topic, but if you are planning to keep them new in box, do you still have to take the batteries out so they don't get corroded down the road?

Quote Originally Posted by Duplicated View Post
    I just need FromJapan to send me the charge for shipping in a few hours, and hopefully I'll get my hands on them by Monday at the latest. Ugh.
    Shouldn't it take a little longer than that if you're buying from out of country? The estimate FromJapan gives me for the time of arrival at their warehouse is July 7th.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Virus Busters. At last we will have revenge."
    My Stuff: Digimon: AR Monsters, Digi-Doodles!, My OC Digimon, V-Pet Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Gigamon23 View Post
    Not to get too off topic, but if you are planning to keep them new in box, do you still have to take the batteries out so they don't get corroded down the road?
    I'd assume the corrosion to start showing some signs at least five years from now, if even that. I assume the current battery manufacturing process has been improved a whole lot, to the point where they can last quite a long while before leaking/corrosion occurs.

Ultimately, however, that's what a BNIB item is - you don't open it up, and whoever potentially decides to buy it afterward assumes all risks with the item. And heh, I still have another two pairs to play myself. It's not that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigamon23 View Post
    Shouldn't it take a little longer than that if you're buying from out of country? The estimate FromJapan gives me for the time of arrival at their warehouse is July 7th.
    Mine arrived at their warehouse yesterday, so they apparently arrived earlier than the given estimate. That's a good thing, right?

FromJapan is also quick to ship the package out once you've paid the shipping fees (Charge 2). Once, I paid them early enough during the day they shipped the package out that same day in the evening. Beyond that, it comes down to your choice of carrier as to whether your package will arrive soon or not.
    Currently Raising:
    Pen Prog 3.0 - Omegamon (paused for whenever I feel like messing with him again...)
    20th Anniversary Vpet - BlitzGreymon and Mugendramon (battery-tabbed because I'm too busy irl right now)

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    From Japan has shipped mine. Now to sit by the front door for a couple weeks

--

YouTube user leung light has posted a strategy guide for tag training mode, complete with spreadsheets. It's pretty self-explanatory

Last edited by wildwing64; 06-20-2017 at 06:11 AM.

Yes, mine arrived at the warehouse already. Had to wait until this morning for them (3:30 AM EST) for them to pack them together. I even put my phone close to me so the notification would wake me up in hopes to get them shipped the same day but no such luck. The email arrived too late (was already past 3pm in Japan.) Now to wait for FedEx Priority. Yes, I'm desperate.

Add Gigamon23 on Facebook Follow Gigamon23 on DeviantArt
    I'm really glad you guys said something, because I was not expecting it to arrive so quickly! ^^'
    That video tutorial is awesome! It will be really neat to have the community all ready to go in figuring out all the ins and outs right off the bat.
    Also, if the Digimon don't grow while they sleep, then couldn't that make for a (albeit less effective) pause feature? If you have to leave them for a day, just set the time to right when they fall asleep and they'll effectively be "paused" for those sleeping hours.
    Last edited by Gigamon23; 06-20-2017 at 08:36 AM.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Virus Busters. At last we will have revenge."
    My Stuff: Digimon: AR Monsters, Digi-Doodles!, My OC Digimon, V-Pet Blog

If the information is accurate then that would indeed be a solution for the lack of pause feature.

Also I've been thinking about the fact that you don't choose an egg right off the bat. That would make me think that the blue one then starts with the V2 egg. Also I can speculate that the additional colors are like that too, like the gold one starting with Zubamon egg?

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Arekuxis View Post
    Also I've been thinking about the fact that you don't choose an egg right off the bat. That would make me think that the blue one then starts with the V2 egg.
    Nope. Blue one starts with the V1 egg as well.

Page 1 of 122 12341151101 ... LastLast