With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Gatchen (Limited Edition), Appmon OP2 & Insert Song, Scans & Breakdown

Gatchen (Limited Edition), Appmon OP2 & Insert Song, Scans & Breakdown

Hey look, another Appmon CD!

Gatchen by SymaG! This new CD features both the second Appmon OP, Gatchen, along with the insert song Be My Light!

These are scans of the Limited Edition version of the release.

Various bits, where appropriate, will be taken from the breakdown for the Normal Edition.

The embedded files are smaller JPGs from our gallery, so those shouldn't have any bandwidth issues. Click the images for big versions.

The scans went well. I did minimal editing on these and I think everyone came out well. Minus one thing... I had ordered a 6 foot USB cable so that I could set the scanner up more conveniently when I scan. It was only when I went to set it up I realized that the old cable was also 6 feet long... Whoops.

The CD was packaged in a CD-Album style case (the CD case most people are familiar with.)

The cover (at the top of the article) is a Gatchmon and SymaG, who seems to have suprised Gatchmon.. Behind them is a motif with elements from a globe, some digital patterns, and clock details (similiar to the normal edition.) Gatchmon being shocked at SymaG adds some nice fun to this, especially with SymaG wearing various elements of Haru's costume. The logo for Gatchen looking stylistically similar to the Appmon logo is also a nice touch.

The cover is the front to a sheet you can unfold.

It opens to a track list page and lyrics for the songs on the disc. One big difference is the black smoke/ink effect that appears on various SymaG stuff appears on the limited edition in various places.

The back cover of the foldout is credits for the release.

A scan of the disc itself.

The disc itself basicaly inverts what the normal edition did. Most of the disk is covered up with a nice black silkscreen, while a few bits are see thru to the disc underneath in a mock 3d effect. While not exact, the general look feels very similiar to the Appmon DVDs.

Because this was a full CD case, it had some art under the tray which I cracked open.

More of the motif from the front cover with the addition of the black smoke/ink effect.

The reverse side of this is the actual back cover of the CD case.

This is the same motif, but with track info and various legal information also listed.

On the left side of the case was an obi card.

Just the expected album title and legal info here. Gatchmon and SymaG are included on the spine to add some flavor. They include a small image of the included wristband also.

Included with the CD, as mentioned above...

A wristband! This small rubber wristband allows entry to a meet and greet with SymaG after one of his shows... in fact, I believe the show is the one the same day this is being posted. It's made out of a bit nicer rubber than you'd expect for these, and it's a bit fatter than most rubber wristbands. I scanned it twice to get the full material printed on it.

I had ordered this from CDJapan, so I got a bonus item with it...

A SymaG photo postcard! This is relatively standard key art of SymaG's persona, so it makes sense to use it here. It isn't fancy, but it's a nice bonus.

The release also came with a sheet with information about another SymaG album on it.

The back has information about SymaG's upcoming tour. It included a serial number to enter a raffle for a ticket. The serial number has been removed from the scan.

A sticker was on the outside of the shrinkwrap.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The sticker is just basic information about it having music from Appmon, along with information regarding the tour raffle.

Both Gatchen and Be My Light are very good songs and I've enjoyed listening to them on a loop while I do the work. Both actually remind me quite a bit of prior Digimon music (various beats of Be My Light sound VERY familiar.) The acoustic track, Midnight Smile, is also a very pleasant song (and is shockingly less 'produced' audio wise than I expected.)

I expect this one will be high on the list for Appmon fans.

The limited version of the CD features the same primary 3 tracks as the Normal Edition. The 4th track is Gatchen (Karaoke) on the normal and Be My Light (Karaoke) on the limited.

The scans and breakdown for the normal version of Gatchen can be found here.

Gatchen is still available at CDJapan (Affiliate Links.)
    Gatchen Normal Edition
    Gatchen Limited Edition

With various Digimon and Appmon stuff coming out, donations would be appreciated so we can make sure we can continue to get Digimon materials to share with everyone.

Images are hosted on our gallery and embedded on the forum, so let us know if anything is acting up.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Why are there so many limited and special editions with the exact same songs....it is getting ridiculous

I come from the net
    I can't find a video for this like how Marc does sometimes but this is why. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MoneyDearBoy