With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Appmon Character Songs and Original Soundtrack Announced & Up to Pre-Order

Appmon Character Songs and Original Soundtrack Announced & Up to Pre-Order

People have been hoping we'd get these!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Appmon Character Songs and an Original Soundtrack!

These will be coming out together as a two-disc set and we already have quite a bit of information about it!

The first disc will be the character songs album and we already know the seven tracks on it:
    1. Hallelujah, sung by Yumi Uchiyama and Kokoro Kikuchi as Haru and Gatchmon.
    2. On Target @ Center Girl!, sung by Umeka Shoji and Motoko Kumai as Eri and Dokamon.
    3. Wander Beat, sung by Shiho Kokido and Nao Tamura as Astra and Musimon.
    4. Maze, sung by Toshiyuki Toyonaga and Daisuke Sakaguchi as Rei and Hackmon.
    5. Slow Starter, sung by Makoto Furukawa and Yuu Shimamura as Yuujin and Offmon.
    6. With You, sung by Yui Hori, Shoji Umeka, Inori Minase, and Rie Takahashi as Appliyama 470 members: Izumi, Eri, Alice, and Elena
    7. A Pinky Promise Smile with an Explosive Punch, sung by Umeka Shoji as Eri.

The second disc is a 40 track original soundtrack for the show (tracklist to be announced later.)

It will be released on July 26th for 3,000 yen. It's already up for pre-order at CDJapan (affiliate link.)
    Digimon Universe: AppliMonsters Character Songs & Original Soundtrack (2 CD Set)

In addition, we have comments from the cast regarding the upcoming character songs:

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Yumi Uchiyama:
    The song itself has a refreshing melody, and the bond between Gatchmon [and Haru] is heavily reflected in the lyrics as well. I was moved by how both of them cared so deeply for each other, and put all my heart into singing this song.
    It was also lots of fun doing a duet together with Gatchmon, so it would be great if you could take note of their banter as you listen to the song!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Umeka Shoji:
    I was given the opportunity to perform 3 songs as Eri! I'm very thankful! The solo song played in the anime as well, but I actually really love the lyrics in the 2nd verse! Try to take note of them as you listen to the songs! The song that I sang together with my adorable buddy Doka-chan... has a speedy feel to it, to the say the least! I think this song might be the fastest I've ever been requested to sing in my seiyuu career; the recording session felt more like a struggle, a match to see whose mouth moved the best (laughs). But Doka-chan was so cute that we managed to overcome it somehow. It turned out to be a very lively, slapstick kind of song, very reminiscent of the both of them! The Appliyama song is a tried-and-true idol song. It was a great joy to be able to sing together with my idol Izumi Kagurazaka, as well as my other friends! The Appmon Family's songs are each bursting with personality. Please listen to them as much as you can!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Shiho Kokido:
    We made a song that will really make you feel it! ♪
    By coupling Musimon and Tora's unique tempo feel and an upbeat song, I feel that we got a song that embodies 'our' flavor! (laughs)
    It's a very optimistic-sounding song, so I'd be happy if you could get all energetic and charged up by listening to it!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Toshiyuki Toyonaga:
    To think that they'd have Rei and Hackmon sing as well..!!
    [Rei] will be singing about his younger brother, Hajime, as well as his bond with Hackmon.
    Look forward to seeing the difference in enthusiasm between him and the other characters. (laughs)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Makoto Furukawa
    It's a really cool song that expresses Yuujin and Offmon's respective personalities!
    I could feel the bonds between them from the lyrics, and singing them left me with a warm, fluffy feeling.
    I hope that you can listen to it, and maybe even sing it if it comes out in karaoke and so on!
    When that happens, be sure to bring along a Buddy to sing with you too!

Thanks to garm and shin for various translated details.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Yeeess I love image songs!!

so uh

I guess we can assume Appmon is making Digimon money again?

Quote Originally Posted by Razorsaw View Post
    so uh

Game bombed hard but I heard that the chip sell well enough that it is the reason Appmon was moved to better timeslot.

Added cast comments.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Super hype for new image songs! I'll bet Rei is a good singer.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by salman332 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorsaw View Post
    so uh

Game bombed hard but I heard that the chip sell well enough that it is the reason Appmon was moved to better timeslot.
    To be fair, that game's selling strategy was a disaster waiting to happen

I was hoping Ai to get a song too but it's nice they are releasing these in the first place. For the soundtrack, I never noticed there were that many tracks, at best I can remember 3 or 4

I wonder why Mister Satan didn't get a song.
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

I come from the net
    Yay! This is good to hear. ...The game didn't sell well? I hope it's still brought over here. ...If it's like some of the DS games. At least the chips are selling well. That's the money there.

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    This are good news indeed!! Digimon music is always dope! I'm really fond of some of the Appmon tunes, such as this emotional one than can be heard during Yuujin flashback in episode 18, or this kind of futuristic one that popped up last episode when the guys arrived to L-Town. I really hope that it doesn't happen the same as with Frontier (and Adventure in a lesser extent), and they leave some nice soundtracks as unreleased music...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast