With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AppliMonsters Episode 35: Aim to Become One of the 9 Gods!

Follow clanc On Twitter Add clanc on Facebook Visit clanc's Youtube Channel
    If I learned something about in 35 episodes is that you don't put a bit of hope on Appmon

If you don't like the show that much then you don't have to watch it? Nobody forcing you to do so.

What Volcano Uta by the way?

Follow clanc On Twitter Add clanc on Facebook Visit clanc's Youtube Channel
    If you don't like the show that much then you don't have to watch it? Nobody forcing you to do so.
    I actually enjoy Appmon when it comes to fight scenes and plot and I want to see how this series reaches it's climax and it's conclusion. I just don't like filler-like episodes like this when we're 17 episodes away from the finale.
    What Volcano Uta by the way?
    Volcano is the Digimon series planning developer and took a role in this episode.

Guys, I realize you expect that every episode be a semi-continuous serial narrative because other digimon series typically are, but an episode that focuses on essential characterization and gives new insight into it does not equal filler. It's simply using a different model for storytelling that other kids' shows embrace.

Honestly, if they had the main plot with Leviathan in here, the elements regarding Eri's character would have much less room to breathe.

Episode is up, added the link to the first post.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

...Wow. I don't know 3D model could achieve that kind if creepiness.
    Edit: Fully watch the episode I don't get the sentiment that this episode is a filler at all, this is pretty much Eri character and background building, even the Appmon of the week is her fan.
    Also, Astra is pretty much already making money of his own given the view on his channel he must have ton of ads revenue.
    Last edited by salman332; 06-02-2017 at 10:08 PM.

Ain't got no mojo...
    We could have this episode earlier then having it half way though

Ain't got no mojo...
    Guys, I know Appmon has shown clear problems with the pacing of the story but there's a point where the filler claims get unfair. After seeing it (and even without subtitles) I can safely say that if this episode was filler, then the one where Rei got Dezipmon was too and we all know that isn't true at all.

Not only the preview shows that the plot of Appliyama 470 will continue the next episode (with Charismon, no less) but this episode also gave Eri some much needed screentime in a show that has been mostly Haru/Yuujin lately (both Eri and Astra have become sidecharacters/comic-relief and there are more episodes without Rei than with him). Sure we know about Bootmon and the search is important, but if the show only focuses on that and make the Ultimate 4 recurring villlains that can't be defeated till near the end, things will get stale very fast (and yes, I'm looking at Frontier's RK arc as an example).

Sure, having a Standard Appmon as the AotW is old but Calcumon as an enemy had a lot more meaning than most of the AotW (specially the current ones) I may be reading too much into it but I think he may have been infected/sent on purpose (like Batterymon) to see if Eri could be tempted to leave things as they were and become N1 like that. I'll have to wait for next episode to see if I'm right but even if I'm not Calcumon will still be a better choice for me than most other AotW

Ain't got no mojo... Ariestinak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuma View Post
    Guys, I know Appmon has shown clear problems with the pacing of the story but there's a point where the filler claims get unfair. After seeing it (and even without subtitles) I can safely say that if this episode was filler, then the one where Rei got Dezipmon was too and we all know that isn't true at all.

Not only the preview shows that the plot of Appliyama 470 will continue the next episode (with Charismon, no less) but this episode also gave Eri some much needed screentime in a show that has been mostly Haru/Yuujin lately (both Eri and Astra have become sidecharacters/comic-relief and there are more episodes without Rei than with him). Sure we know about Bootmon and the search is important, but if the show only focuses on that and make the Ultimate 4 recurring villlains that can't be defeated till near the end, things will get stale very fast (and yes, I'm looking at Frontier's RK arc as an example).

Sure, having a Standard Appmon as the AotW is old but Calcumon as an enemy had a lot more meaning than most of the AotW (specially the current ones) I may be reading too much into it but I think he may have been infected/sent on purpose (like Batterymon) to see if Eri could be tempted to leave things as they were and become N1 like that. I'll have to wait for next episode to see if I'm right but even if I'm not Calcumon will still be a better choice for me than most other AotW
    I think most people are more angry with the series' pacing as a whole and are reacting negatively to any episode that seems remotely like filler.

Ain't got no mojo...
    You know that they should be facing off ultimate or mega level Digimon at this point of time and not Digimon at the rookie level

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast