With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon & New Adventure 15th Digivices Info & Pre-Orders

Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon & New Adventure 15th Digivices Info & Pre-Orders

It's time to order a few items people have been waiting for!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up is Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon!

This is the main (normal) version of the figure.

It costs 6,500 yen (no Japanese tax if you get it from a store that ships outside of Japan!)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

This figure is a modern remake of the Agumon/WarGreymon Evolution/Digivolving Figure from when Adventure aired and the first figure in the Digivolving Spirits line.

It's currently available to pre-order with a reasonably good discount at CDJapan (Affiliate Link) and is scheduled to ship in November.

Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon Pre-Order

More detailed information about this figure can be found here.

For those looking for something a bit fancier, we have two Premium Bandai Exclusive items...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First for the Premium Bandai items is the Complete Memory Set.

This limited edition set will contain 3 items and be limited to 3,000 sets.

The first item will be a special clear version of the first Digivolving Spirits figure, WarGreymon!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

This special figure will be (generally speaking) identical to the normal version of the figure, minus it's unique attribute of being made from partially clear plastic.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The clear plastic leads to a unique look, especially when transformed into Agumon, allowing you to see the various parts of the figure when it's folded up.

The second item is the previously announced Digimon Adventure 15th Anniversary Digivice WarGreymon Color.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

As shown off previously, they've updated the design by coloring in the digicode etching in gold, and adding the crest of courage to the screen.

And we also have a few new Digimon...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up is the two dark evolutions they revealed earlier! SkullGreymon and BlackWarGreymon!

On top of that though, they've revealed two new Digimon, neither of whom existed when the original 15th Digivices came out...

Zubamon from the 20th Anniversary of Digimon and Meicoomon from Digimon Adventure tri.!

You can befriend Zubamon after 1. Clearing all of the areas & 2. Winning the battle that occurs after catching a HELP wave.
    You can befriend Meicoomon by 1. Befriending Agumon, Gabumon, Piyomon, Tentomon, Palmon, Gomamon, Patamon, Tailmon, and Wizarmon, 2. Exceed 120,000 steps walked & 3. Winning the battle that occurs after catching a HELP wave.

The last new feature for the WarGreymon Color Digivice is to add some new animations for Agumon!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up, a new animation to reproduce Warp Evolution inside the Digivice. This is a shockingly nice touch, and I'm very interested to see what the full animation (with sound effects?) looks like.

Then there will be a collection of animations for when you return to the Digivice after not being around for a bit. Each of there will be fun expressions of Agumon.

The third item in the set will be a stand.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The stand can hold both the figure and the Digivice and is referred to as the 'Shining! Sounding! Evolution Stage.'

The evolution stage includes a backing that will be familiar to fans of Digimon Adventure and WarGreymon's evolution sequence.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Evolution Stage itself can play Brave Heart and light up in the colors of all 8 crests. The lights are setup in such a way to light up WarGreymon and the Digivice to mimic the lightning effects you might expect for an evolution sequence.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Overall it's a very exciting looking set that fans should likely try and pre-order as soon as possible.

The approximate size of each item is:
    Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon is 6.1 inches tall.
    The Digivice is 2.25 x 2.56 x 1.4 inches.
    The Evolution Stage is 10 x 5.6 x 6.3 inches.

They mention the battery for the Digivice will be included, but the 3 AAA batteries for the Evolution Stage will not.

It's available to pre-order right now at the Premium Bandai store for 19,440 yen. Pre-orders will close on July 31st if they don't sell out of the 3,000 by then. The set will ship in November.

Interestingly, it appears (at least at this time) the Adventure 15th Anniversary Digivice WarGreymon Color is NOT being made available by itself, so if you wanted that version, you have to get the Complete Memory Set.

And we also have details of the Adventure 15th Anniversary Digivice MetalGarurumon Version.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

This one has silver in the digicode etching and features the crest of friendship.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It also features dark evolutions of WereGarurumon (Black) and MetalGarurumon (Black.)

The two new Digimon also appear in the MetalGarurumon Digivice!

Zubamon and Meicoomon! The method to befriend them will be the same as in the WarGreymon Color Digivice.

And the last new feature...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Warp Evolution animation for MetalGarurumon along with Gabumon expressions when you go back to the digivice!

The Adventure 15th Anniversary Digivice MetalGarurumon Color also comes in collector's packaging designed after MetalGarurumon.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Very nice looking packaging that looks like the old Adventure 15th Anniversary Digivices, but has some of it's own flair (if you look carefully you can see MetalGarurumon sprites on it.)

The 15th Anniversary Digivice MetalGarurumon Color is available to pre-order right now at Premium Bandai for 9,990 yen. Pre-orders will close on July 31st if they don't sell out of the 3,000 by then. The set will ship in November.

How's everyone feel about the WarGreymon Digivice only being part of a more expensive set? Does the fact that the price premium is minimal (based on MSRP) when you take into account the figure change that? (To say nothing of getting the nice looking stand.)

If you want to import either of the Premium Bandai items... (If you want to get the normal Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon figure you can buy from CDJapan as mentioned above.)

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get this figure sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
    From Japan
    Rider Proxy
    Nippon-Yasan
    Japan Hero

The Bandai Premium store has also chosen to affiliate themselves/recommend three potential shops to be used as intermediaries for non-Japanese buyers:
    Buyee
    From Japan (this From japan link shows various items that they waive commission fees for.)
    Samurai Buyer

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the links to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The links embedded in the news article for the product items are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the item listed, so you may want to check that first.

While I don't currently expect ordering the Complete Memory Set will be possible to break it down and review it due to cost, we always take donations in the hopes of being able to archive these materials and donations are appreciated.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ended up buying from a reputable eBay seller because I hella want this set. Probably paid ~50 over retail, but worth it for the guarantee, and eBay's customer service is surprisingly robust.

I ain't got time to wait for messages back, son!

(also 3000 copies is NOT A LOT)

The clear Agumon make me hungry.

Added preorder details for the normal version of Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Just preordered WarGreymon from CDJapan. Notably there's a 25% discount on it.

Disappointing that the WarGreymon colour Digivice will only come with that set, but I'd have to think they're planning to release it on its own after this... right?

Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Just preordered WarGreymon from CDJapan. Notably there's a 25% discount on it.
    That is why it was mentioned in the news.

Disappointing that the WarGreymon color Digivice will only come with that set, but I'd have to think they're planning to release it on its own after this... right?
    While not impossible, there is no indication of this happening, and based on various bits of information it isn't expected (the original announcement for the item declined to mention a price for the WarGreymon color, and also mentioned it would come with something else.)

Now, it wouldn't be out of character for them to somehow do a 'different' version later on (an 'Agumon' version or some such thing theoretically.)

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    That is why it was mentioned in the news.
    My bad. I missed that part XD;

Sigh... Pre-ordered. I couldn't resist in the end. (^.^')

Yes, clear plastic is fragile, yes I don't need yet another freaking LCD game Digivice and yes I don't need the stand when I have the CSA Digivice. But GOD DAMN IT, is it beautiful. The Agumon mode allows you to see how the figure transforms, the WarGreymon mode's clear plastic allows the light from the base to shine through and to top it off, it's a special, commemorative edition of a remake of a one of my favorite toys of all time, symbolizing the return of a toy line that I love. And it's limited to 3000 pieces. Damn you Bandai... Damn you.

...and yes, I still don't need the Digivice.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Isn't 6,500 yen a little too expensive? How much did the original 1999 toy cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugenlazlo View Post
    Isn't 6,500 yen a little too expensive? How much did the original 1999 toy cost?
    At that time, the figures cost around 3000 yen. Personally, I feel that the prices are more than justified. Better engineering, more complex sculpt and paint applications, better articulation and most importantly, a crap ton of die-cast metal pieces. Also, it's priced accordingly with other collectibles from Bandai.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast