With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digivolving Spirits Livestream News and Info! Angewomon Shown & More Announced!

Digivolving Spirits Livestream News and Info! Angewomon Shown & More Announced!

The Digivolving Spirits livestream just ended and we got one bit of big news!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Angewomon is coming to Digivolving Spirits!

Wanted to get that detail up as soon as possible. There was a bunch of other things discussed during the stream...

First up, some relevant details that Actar posted below before I updated the post with the details.

They'll be doing all 8 Digimon from Adventure and the others will be Rookie to Ultimate so that you'll be able to recreate the final scene in the original Adventure anime.

The WarGreymon on the box art is based on the toy. Hence the curvy Brave Shield to look like the two halves of Agumon's head.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Kakudou reflected on Warp Evolution and commented on the look of the video and the music.

Watanabe is nostalgic for the Warp Evolution Sequence.

They imply a great deal of work went into it (for the time) but that it was worth it.

Watanabe is responsible for the figure designs and he reflected on design choices that were made for proper 'evolution' in the figures.

The new versions of old figures are easier to do because they can look to the original as a base.

They note that they old WarGreymon figure seems 'weak' in comparison to the new one visually.

Kakudou reflected on the Chosen Children.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

They show off a WarGreymon prototype and joke that it's what happens when Agumon evolves after being infected by a virus.

They show various ball joins and moveable parts.

They note how in the new figures WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon have heads that can move and be posed.

And they talk about how well Gabumon is represented in the new figure.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Both Watanabe and Kakudou reflect on never imagining Digimon would have lasted as long as it did, and grown to what it has become. They also bring up just how many fans grew up with the characters.

Kakudou also talks about how the energy from fans not just local to Japan, but foreign fans, have built the brand into what it is.

Bandai has put up a recording of the stream/event, so you can watch the whole thing for yourself if you'd like (They've disabled embedding.)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Just finished watching the live stream. Here's what I got:

- Tailmon to Angewomon teased!!!

- All figures after this will be original, they'll be doing all 8 characters and the others will be Rookie > Ultimate so that you'll be able to recreate the final scene in the original Adventure anime.

- There was no one protagonist in the original series and they want to use the same philosophy when approaching the toy line and giving every character a figure

- Each figure will embody the cute > cool concept.

Other interesting tidbits:

- The Brave Shield on WarGreymon was put there because of the toy. They needed to have something to represent the two halves of Agumon's head and the Brave Shield was added. Hence the bony design on the inside.

- The original transforming figures were made because they didn't want to lose out to other brands that had transforming figures.

- They brought back the transforming figures in order to go along with the CSA Digivice, that could recreate the evolution sequences' audio.

- The figure has a ton of die-cast on it, including its ball joints.

- The WarGreymon on the box art is based on the toy. Hence the curvy Brave Shield to look like the two halves of Agumon's head.
    Last edited by Actar; 05-27-2017 at 12:28 AM.

There goes my dream of Hououmon...

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    I'm actually pretty satisfied, I prefer the Perfect evolutions in Adventure above the Mega ones by far! On a side note, did they tease something about more figures apart from Adventure being released??

Quote Originally Posted by Actar View Post
    - The Brave Shield on WarGreymon was put there because of the toy. They needed to have something to represent the two halves of Agumon's head and the Brave Shield was added. Hence the bony design on the inside.
    I suppose this officially confirms what people have already speculated, that War Greymon and Metal Garurumon were designed specifically to be turned into toys later. I've noticed quite a few "main character" Digimon seem to have much more toyetic designs than ones that, say, only ever appeared in the card games. Fladramon and Aldamon look way more like V-mon and Agnimon than Sepikmon and Jet Silphymon look like Armadimon and Fairymon, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortoiseshel View Post
    I suppose this officially confirms what people have already speculated
    Not quite.

It simply confirms that the teams worked together when necessary, as you'd expect.

It sounds more like they had WarGreymon designed, and tweaked the design to add the shield, which would make the toy more accurate to what would be used elsewhere.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add ShindoW on Facebook Follow ShindoW on DeviantArt Visit ShindoW's Youtube Channel
    I'm actually really disappointed..

So let me get this straight... all the rest of the DigiDestined toys will be Child to Perfect??? Im sorry but thats the stupidest thing Ive ever heard...
    I mean... Palmon to Lilimon? Pyiomon to Garudamon??? loooool
    Even in the final scene of Adventure we have stage to stage evolutions. Child to Adult to Perfect. I was hoping for Ultimates here... *sobs*

Quote Originally Posted by arisniko1 View Post
    So let me get this straight... all the rest of the DigiDestined toys will be Child to Perfect??? Im sorry but thats the stupidest thing Ive ever heard...
    It actually makes perfect sense.

This is a collector's line being aimed at grown up fans who have been with the franchise since largely the beginning.

By and large that audience wants what was in the original anime. Not what appeared in a handful of spinoff video games, or in a new sequel.

Which also explains Diablomon and Alphamon to be honest.

Diablomon is a reasonably unique Digimon that's from one of the most loved bits of the franchise. The fact figures of him have been cancelled before also means a good chunk of fans are chomping at the bit to get a nice Diablomon.

Alphamon gets the branding for the fancy CGI bit that helped carry the franchise during it's lean years, and most fans remember that, and the character. Alphamon is heavily remembered from those lean years by older fans. Not to mention that on top of that, the character is appearing in new material now.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arisniko1 View Post
    It actually makes perfect sense.

This is a collector's line being aimed at grown up fans who have been with the franchise since largely the beginning.
    I agree with you to a certain point... A lot of fans, myself included also were dissapointed that the other six partners never got Warp Evolution/Ultimate level forms in the OG anime. Hell, I was dissapointed that I only saw HolyAngemon (My absolute favorite) only in two or three scenes max. I remember waiting and waiting and when the danger was imminent I was waiting with my breath held for that stupid Digivice to pulse into yellow... but no... second to last epi.
    Anyway I think you get my point...
    Whatever the case at least Id like normal Digivolutions like Togemon->Lilimon and so on. Not things we have never seen anywhere. Like Palmon->Lilimon.
    I hope we are reading too much into this and who knows? Maybe we'll get multiple toys for one Evo line. In the OG line we had both Greymon->MetalGreymon and Warp-Agumon.
    One last Q: was that it? We have received every information available at that point or will we have more info today?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast