With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: New tri. Vinyl Bags and Some Returning Items- Towel, Mug/Keychain Combo, & Watch

New tri. Vinyl Bags and Some Returning Items- Towel, Mug/Keychain Combo, & Watch

More tri. Products from Premium Bandai!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up is a trio of new (I think...) vinyl bags.

The blue one uses the tri. image of the partner Digimon known as 'We Meet Again.'
    The grey uses the theatrical poster to tri. Part 1.
    The green uses the theatrical poster to tri. Part 2.

Each is roughly 13 x 15.3 x 1.6 inches and made of ATBC-PVC.

They are each on sale now for 2,160 yen each.

Then we have a trio of returning items.

First up is the Gabumon Bath Towel!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

As I recall this item first showed up at the onsen event last year, and reappeared at DigiFes 2016.

This wearable towel designed after Gabumon is made of 100% cotton and measures roughly 35.4 x 47 inches. They also give a second measurement for the first number of roughly 23.6 inches (likely this is with the hood down.)

The Gabumon Bath Towel is available to order now for 4,860 yen.

Next is the Knife of Day Mug/Keychain combo set.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

I remember this combo also showing up at DigiFes 2016, but I think the mug has also shown up in a few different places.

The mug is porcelain and is roughly 3 x 3.5 inches.
    The keychain is made of ATBC-PVC and is roughly 2 x 2.36 inches.

The Knife of Day combo is available to order now for 2,376 yen.

Last but not least is a recent item that will have an additional order period!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The black version of the Omegamon x Red Monkey watch will have an additional order period.

Detailed information about the watch can be found in our article.

The Omegamon watch is available to order now for 48,600 yen and the current ordering period for the watch will close on June 19th.

Watches ordered during this period are expected to ship in October.

If you want to import any of these items...

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get this figure sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
    From Japan
    Rider Proxy
    Nippon-Yasan
    Japan Hero

The Bandai Premium store has also chosen to affiliate themselves/recommend three potential shops to be used as intermediaries for non-Japanese buyers:
    Buyee
    From Japan (this From japan link shows various items that they waive commission fees for.)
    Samurai Buyer

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the links to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The links embedded in the news article for the product items are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the item you want listed, so you may want to check that first.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Those bags are..ugly, that towel is expensive as hell and I still don't understand who they think that watch is marketed to.
    Who in the Digimon community has $450-$500 to spend on a watch? Who wears a $500 watch and would get this?
    It has no mention of movement and looks to be battery operated so I can only assume it has the same cheap quarts movement in every $20 watch. The body is made of plated brass and in the style of the cheap diver watch knockoffs, the bezel doesn't even seem to be able to turn. Does it not even come with a watch case, just a bag? They couldn't afford a nice case for $500?

I'm not saying it's worth $20, I'm sure the band is around $100 and the sliver is worth something but $500?
    The thing just screams cheap watch to me. Did they really sell enough to warrant a second run?

Bags like that tend to not photograph well.

And when you consider that while we aren't a wealthy fandom, it's a franchise that supports $100 figures, and stacks and stacks of exclusive Premium Bandai store merchandise, a $500 watch doesn't seem so crazy in the overall scheme of things.

I mean, it's basically the same price as the Adventure or 02 Blu-ray box.

And it's the third pre-order period.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Bags like that tend to not photograph well.

And when you consider that while we aren't a wealthy fandom, it's a franchise that supports $100 figures, and stacks and stacks of exclusive Premium Bandai store merchandise, a $500 watch doesn't seem so crazy in the overall scheme of things.

I mean, it's basically the same price as the Adventure or 02 Blu-ray box.

And it's the third pre-order period.
    Third? Really?
    Do you think it's really selling that well or that they simply aren't happy with the sale numbers yet?

I didn't know the Bluerays were that much, seems awfully expensive. I don't understand how anime franchises survive in Japan being so expensive.

Then again, I don't know anything about the average wages in Japan either, maybe it's better then in America.

Quote Originally Posted by GK45 View Post

Third? Really?
    Do you think it's really selling that well or that they simply aren't happy with the sale numbers yet?
    It's a limited edition item. I doubt they ever expected it to sell that many at all, nor did they ever expect to make that many (with various elements being hand made.) This isn't the first time they've done one of these watches with Red Monkey (it's the first Digimon one though) so they clearly have an idea what potential audiences might buy.

While the black one is still up for sale, that was always the 'normal' version. They also sold a white version (at the same price) which at this point appears to have sold out.

I didn't know the Bluerays were that much, seems awfully expensive. I don't understand how anime franchises survive in Japan being so expensive.
    Different market, different goals.

I think the bags look amazing but there's no chapter 3 :'(
    キーモン:ブラストモード
    (Kiimon Blast Mode)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiimon: Blast Mode View Post
    I think the bags look amazing but there's no chapter 3 :'(
    I assume we will see a 'wave 2' at some point with part 3, part 4, and likely something like... the kids in the clouds promo image or something.

I come from the net
    Bags don't photo well plus it is vinyl. But that towel is nice. Or at least cute. Also band merch. That's also good.