With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tri. Stage Play Synopsis, Visual, and Male Cast Announcement with Cast Comments

tri. Stage Play Synopsis, Visual, and Male Cast Announcement with Cast Comments

We finally have more important details about the Digimon Adventure tri. stage play!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up is the main visual for Super Evolution Stage Digimon Adventure tri. Stage Play -The August 1st Adventure-, and wow... it actually looks sort of fantastic.

The main visual is Taichi and Yamato's actors in full costume, on top of a render of Omegamon, and I gotta say again... wow, it just looks great.

We also have a translated synopsis.

August 1st - This is a special day for Taichi Yagami, Yamato Ishida, and the other Chosen Children.
    During the summer, Taichi is still getting in his soccer practice when Hikari suggests that all of them should go for a camp on August 1st.

Apparently, it was Mimi and Koushiro's idea to have everybody meet up on this day of memories. Taichi is quick to agree, having heard that even Jou, who is busy with his entrance exam preparation, has agreed to participate this time.
    On the other end, Takeru brings it up to Yamato, who has been continuing with his band activities.
    Yamato prepares for the camp with some reluctance, though he is unable to turn down a request from his brother to go together.

The eight of us, meeting up once again at that place... it doesn't sound so bad, he thought.

On the day of the camp, it gets off to a rocky start when Mimi forgot to bring the camping equipment she should have prepared.
    Jou makes a fuss, "You can't go on a camp like this!"
    "This is a problem," Koushiro remarks as he tries to think of a solution. Sora tries to cover for Mimi.
    As he watches everyone, Taichi smiles and says, "This is just like when we first went to the Digital World!"
    "Back then, we were somehow able to overcome any obstacle through teamwork!"
    Yamato nods in agreement, "Yeah, you're right."

The camp on August 1st began, bringing back to life their emotions from 6 years prior.

However, that campsite holds a secret...

And of course, on top of seeing Taichi and Yamato in the main visual, we have the male cast list for the Chosen Children, along with comments from the actors who play Taichi and Yamato.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Taichi will be played by Gaku Matsumoto, who would probably best be known to fans as Yakumo Kaato (Aoninger) from Ninninger.

I'm Gaku Matsumoto, who will be playing the role of Taichi Yagami for this play. It is a great honor for me to be able to stand on stage for a Digimon play, of which there are a great number of fans. I was also part of the generation that grew up watching Digimon as a kid; I even remember admiring Taichi so much that I bugged my parents to buy me one of those small binoculars. I would like to be able to stand firm on stage, as I think about everybody's respective backgrounds.
    Image Thumbnail (custom)

Yamato will be played by Shohei Hashimoto. He has been in many stage adaptions of popular franchises including (but not limited to): Show By Rock!, Diabolik Lovers, and Haikyuu!!

I'm Shouhei Hashimoto, who will be playing Yamato Ishida. For someone like me, who was part of the generation that grew up watching Digimon, it is extremely exciting to see Digimon being turned into a stage play! Do look forward to what super evolutions await [in the play]; I will give my all in playing the part of Yamato Ishida as well. Please look forward to it.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Koushiro will be played by Kamimura Kaisei. He has been in live movie adaptions of well known franchises My Love Story! and Chihayafuru.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Jou will be played by Junya Komatsu. He is relatively new, but has appeared in various live stage shows.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Takeru will be played by Kenta Nomiyama. He is also relatively new, but has been appearing in various stage shows, including at Puroland, where the Adventure and Savers CGI short/ride combos were originally featured.

More cast members will be announced soon.

In addition, there was a comment from Natsuki Hanae (Taichi in Digimon Adventure tri.)

Congratulations on [Digimon Adventure tri.] being turned into a stage play.
    I'm curious as to how the Digimon partners will be portrayed, as well as how the Digital World will translate to the stage.
    I don't know much details in regards to the plot, but I'll be looking forward to it!

As for ticket ordering info... (We knew the times and dates, but restating it in case anyone has a change to go.)

10 performances total:
    August 5- 1pm and 6pm
    August 6- 1pm
    August 8- 7pm
    August 9- 7pm
    August 11- 6pm
    August 12- 1pm and 6pm
    August 13- 12pm and 4:30pm

Tickets will be 7,800 yen.

Early bird tickets will be offered via an online lottery between May 20th at 1pm to May 29th 6pm (Japan time.)

General sales will begin July 2nd at 2pm (Japan time.)

Thanks to shin and garm for translations!

Previous info about the stage show can be found here.

Update- Nothing huge, just a photo of Matsumoto and Hashimoto in costume as Taichi and Yamato posted by the tri. Stage Play Twitter.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

I assume this was taken while proper promotional images were being taken.

Update- Another small update of Matsumoto and Hashimoto in costume again!

Image Thumbnail (custom)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

It look so good... I don't mind if they made full live action using those two actor.

Greece (A.K.A The place with old, boring, historical stuff which is bankrupt now)
    Follow Anna___ on DeviantArt
    This looks amazing! :O

I'm surprised they got Taichi's hair right xD. So is Tri and it's products really doing that well? I'm pretty sure Adventure Tri or something related to that is going to stay relevant for at least 3 more years. Considering thr franchise's 20th anniversary is coming in 2 years.

Junior Commander hope-endlessly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spongebond View Post
    I'm surprised they got Taichi's hair right xD. So is Tri and it's products really doing that well? I'm pretty sure Adventure Tri or something related to that is going to stay relevant for at least 3 more years. Considering thr franchise's 20th anniversary is coming in 2 years.
    I mean this is speculation, but seeing as tri. will be done and over with in two years one can't help but imagine that they must have something else down the line for the franchise. Potentially involving adventure, potentially not.

This DOES look fantastic though. I thought it was just gonna be a recreation of Reunion at first, but this is gonna be interesting.

Add clanc on Facebook
    Dear god you could make a movie with this

Visit Tsurugi's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by clanc View Post
    Dear god you could make a movie with this
    Glad i'm not the only one who was thinking that. If it looked this, I could them making a Digimon live action series/movie. I'm also interested in how they'll incorporate the Digimon in to the play. Costumes? Augmented goggles? Robots? who knows, but I look forward to seeing how it's done.

I come from the net
    Interesting how it took this long to get one of these. But hey, glad to see this. Happy to see that we have the actors now.

Haha, wow, that's some quality design work. Props to the visual and makeup artists, because it's a spot-on recreation. I, too, am interested to see how they include Digimon in the actual stage play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast