With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Digivolving Spirits Details from V-Jump, Update- Clean Preview from Tamashii

New Digivolving Spirits Details from V-Jump, Update- Clean Preview from Tamashii

It's still a few days before the countdown ends...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

But we have some details from the next issue of V-Jump!

"The Legendary Transforming Figures Are Undergoing A Great Revival!"

They mention more details will be given at the Tamashii Nations 10th Anniversary World Tour when it hits Osaka on May 27th and 28th.

Release is scheduled for November and price is To Be Announced.

They do make mention of the figures released in the early 2000s, but the text is unfortunately cut off.

Hopefully we get better V-Jump images and can see if there are further details.

The countdown has been counting down roughly the timeframe of what is given in V-Jump.

Previous information about the Digivolving Spirits line can be found here.

Thanks to garm for translations.

Update- Tamashii has added a clean version of the preview image while the countdown is still going.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Thanks to Oki for the heads up.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

The photo look really good, I love the head sculpt.
    I'm worried about the possible eyes on the back.

When the magazine is actually released in Japanese newsstands, I'll get proper photos of all the Digimon stuff for you.

Follow Rexanimon on DeviantArt
    Still have my fingers crossed for the other Megas, but updated versions of the old digivolvers would be pretty great too (Birdramon to Garudamon and Gabumon to MetalGarurumon were awful!).
    Execute... UNIFIED SPIRIT EVOLUTION!

While the head sculpt does look a ton better than the S.H.figuarts's in terms of the eyes and proportions, it seems to retain the sharp pointy head thing, with a clear line down the center of the head. That's one of the reasons why so many WarGreymon figures have thin heads. Also, the lines on the top of his head form a square, not a pentagon. The line below his eye shouldn't connect with the sharp point, that's where the two marks should sit.

Seriously... Is it that hard to just recreate what you see on screen? Sometimes, I wonder if the designers of figures actually bother to reference the source material at all. Am I the only one who actually cares about the details? (>.<)

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    If you ask me, the head is more or less consistent with Bandai's renderings of WarGreymon than with Toei's, though the pentagon is probably a stylistic choice more than anything. If Tamashii Nations are going to reference any source material for something like this, it's going to be the Bandai art. I don't know why the OWG Figuarts version has a different head shape to the animation model that it's supposed to be based on, but in general the figure is such a massive improvement over the D-Arts WarGreymon that it doesn't bother me at all.

Anyway, looking forward to this. Since transforming figures are all but confirmed now I'm hoping for a remastered Greymon-MetalGreymon figure.

I'm still really interested to see Tamashii's take on all of these figures, assuming they continue on with the line as the teaser website indicates. Was there ever, say, a Gomamon or Tentomon digivolving figure like this? Can't think of one off the top of my head.

Add ShindoW on Facebook Follow ShindoW on DeviantArt Visit ShindoW's Youtube Channel
    I am super thrilled for these. Can't wait to see how well these look / transform (if it's anything like the recent Cheetor / Beast Wars one, trust me, you will NOT be disappointed!!)
    Check here for latest Yamato/Gabumon news and merchandise!

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    As long as it features also non-Adventure figures, I'm totally into it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    As long as it features also non-Adventure figures, I'm totally into it!!

I would love to see that but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. The preview picture has all 8 crests in an Adventure motif, and they mostly focus on merchandise from Adventure. Most of the lines sort of fizzles out before they even really goes anywhere because it's such a niche product. Most recently they only released 1 out of 3 shown Bandai Figuarts Zero statues, we didn't even get Yomato. And we missed out on Diablomon for a second time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast