With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hacker's Memory- Details on 'Domination Battles' & More Characters, Including Zubamon

Hacker's Memory- Details on 'Domination Battles' & More Characters, Including Zubamon

More Hacker's Memory details!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Via a magazine scan we have some new details about Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Hacker's Memory. First up is part of the game's battle system.

Described is the new 'Domination Battle' system, wherein your team challenges other teams for squares on a board.

I'll go ahead and include the details as they've been translated so far.

Domination Battles are team-based battles where players fight for the control of cyberspace. Area is divided into squares, and the squares you move past are dyed your team’s color and occupied. By making contact with an enemy, you’ll break into battle, and by winning battles, you can steal an enemy’s area.

In addition, we've been introduced to new characters: Well.... sort of new...

Ryuuji Mishima
    Ryuuji Mishima is the leader of the hacker group “Hudie.” He saves the troubled protagonist and invites him to join his team. His Digimon is Cyberdramon.
    While not included in the translated details, it appears Ryuuji is Erika's brother, previously mentioned in her profile.

And the next character should be familiar to anyone who played Cyber Sleuth.

Arata Sanada
    Arata Sanada is the former leader of the hacker group “Jude.” Everything about him is cool, but he has a childish side as well. His Digimon is Kurisarimon.

Thanks to Gematsu for the info and a Weibo user for the original image.

It was listed as coming from the next issue of Weekly Shonen Jump.

In addition, we have early images of the Hacker's Memory details from the next V-Jump!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Much of the V-Jump appears to be the same information, but there are certainly some unique bits that we have translations of thanks to garm.

That includes a description of Yuugo, another character people may recognize...
    "The Leader of Zaxon - Yuugo: A youth who values order within the Digital World highly. There seems to be conflict breaking out within his team, which he aims to suppress, however...!?"

"Zaxon is currently the largest hacker team around."

The V-Jump scans also refer to Ryuuji as a "skilled person already being referred to as a legendary hacker" and that "he has a deep connection with Arata."

The explanation for the various quests in the game is that Hudie takes on many odd-jobs.

Recent prior Hacker's Memory updates from the last issue of V-Jump and an interview with Producer Habu can be found in those threads.

Update- Bandai Namco Europe has put up proper screenshots of Ryuuji, Arata, Yuugo, along with Zubamon and his evolutions.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I'm still somewhat confused on this game. Is it a full on sequel? Or is it an expansion of sorts.

It's a spin-off of Cyber Sleuth but from what I remember reading, it takes place during the main game's events without any major spoilers. So I'd treat it like an expansion.
    Noctis - 22 - They/Them
    And Gatchmon is my son!

I wonder if Ryuuji is like that one guy with Cyberdramon in the first Digimon Story game?
    I notice a trend the character who have Cyberdramon seemes to be those veteran Tamers that save the protagonist one.
    Before everyone point to Kiriha, I'm not counting the Alien Cyberdramon because it's a different species.

Everything we've seen indicates it's a full on sequel that uses the same basic battle system and Digimon mechanics. It also reuses a lot of visual assets.

Spoilers for Mario games:

But it's similar to how Mario Galaxy and Mario Galaxy 2 are sequels. Mario Galaxy was released and it's ending sort of erased the events of the game. Then Mario Galaxy 2 came out using basically the same engine/graphics with some updates new features and levels and picked up from the same point in time that the first game reset itself to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    Everything we've seen indicates it's a full on sequel that uses the same basic battle system and Digimon mechanics. It also reuses a lot of visual assets.

Spoilers for Mario games:

But it's similar to how Mario Galaxy and Mario Galaxy 2 are sequels. Mario Galaxy was released and it's ending sort of erased the events of the game. Then Mario Galaxy 2 came out using basically the same engine/graphics with some updates new features and levels and picked up from the same point in time that the first game reset itself to.
    I see your point but the one thing that makes it sound less sequel, more side story ish then anything is the way it was initially described
    "From the point of view of a new protagonist, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Hacker's Memory will tell a story that happened on the 'other side' of the events depicted in Cyber Sleuth."

In this, it just makes it sound more like an expansion to cyber sleuth or a part 2 rather than CS2.
    Noctis - 22 - They/Them
    And Gatchmon is my son!

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Follow Garmmon on DeviantArt
    ^Yeah it's not a sequel, it's a 'this is happening at roughly the same time as CS' kind of thing. I'm not sure if there's a word for that..

Quote Originally Posted by Garmmon View Post
    ^Yeah it's not a sequel, it's a 'this is happening at roughly the same time as CS' kind of thing. I'm not sure if there's a word for that..
    Lion King 1½ comes to mind for some reason...

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutmon View Post
    I see your point but the one thing that makes it sound less sequel, more side story ish then anything is the way it was initially described
    "From the point of view of a new protagonist, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Hacker's Memory will tell a story that happened on the 'other side' of the events depicted in Cyber Sleuth."

In this, it just makes it sound more like an expansion to cyber sleuth or a part 2 rather than CS2.
    Expansion usually include the original content of the game with some extension. This game tells another story, from 0, not including the original CS. It's kinda a parallel story work, in the same universe.

in the interview from Habu, I guess he had been described that HM works just like v 1.7 or 1.8 of Cyber Sleuth, while the original was v 1.0. I guess you can imagine it, so it's not really a v 2.0

btw the new system is kinda cool but I think it's just another gimmick to extend the playtime with multiple battle per mission with team cooperation, nothing really new. But I guess it can be a good type of team coop competitive battle aspect.

I'm worried if the story is going to retcon itself given the ending of CS, making all of the thing protagonist do non existent if this is really a side story.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast