With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hacker's Memory- Details on 'Domination Battles' & More Characters, Including Zubamon

Quote Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
    Yuuko is still Yuugo, however. And it can't be the real Yuugo because he has white hair in the scans, not the black of the real Yuugo.
    Plus EDEN was huge. There are likely several teams we never heard of - and it isn't exactly uncommon for a parallel sequel or interquel to introduce characters or plot aspects we probably should have at least heard of in the original, but didn't because, from a real life perspective, those things likely didn't exist yet.

So no, it takes place during the main story, I would say, not after.
    The ending of CS says that the comas still happened and EDEN was still created. So Yuugo still ended up in a mystery coma and Yuuko could have still taken up his identity in mourning. No Eaters involved.
    Last edited by Jay Ukyou; 05-18-2017 at 07:16 AM.

Completely digital The Chaos Entity's Avatar
    Yuugo was something forced upon her by Kishibe, however - and seeing as, in this timeline, she isn't Crusadermon, she'd have had no reason to do so.
    Becoming Yuugo was never something Yuuko actively wished for, and I see no trigger for that to change in the new timeline.
    This is just a note to say that I'm on the Autism Spectrum (Annoyingly, I was never told whether it was 'just' high-functioning autism, or Asperger's syndrome), so if I don't make sense, or am incoherent, please ask what it is I mean politely. Thank you~

You should probably spoiler tag that.

While I see your point about how the original impetus in the original timeline for Yuuko's avatar disguise was Crusadermon, we don't know exactly how the new timeline played out since the main heroes remember the old timeline. The advertising for the game states that we're 'going to see the story from a new perspective'. I think that might mean the perspective of someone who -doesn't- recall the original timeline. Thus, there could be a reason for Yuuko's disguise that isn't completely logical because they are living in an altered timeline. Just like there's no logical reason for all the coma victims to have fallen into comas in the new timeline that doesn't have Eaters.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

I suspect this game is going to take place in the original CS timeline. There are just too many factors that require a lot of rationalization to place it in the retconed ending. Since Yuuko and Yuugo were among the people who remembered the old timeline, there is really no reason for the white-haired Yuugo avatar to be used again, especially considering the whole scene where Yuuko moves past it. In addition, there was no indication that Digimon would show up in the human world again, much like in Tamers or Savers.

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Follow MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    the new character is named Ryuuji Mishima? well they certainly took elements from Persona in CS, but this is one is pretty obvious >_>

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfTartarus View Post
    the new character is named Ryuuji Mishima? well they certainly took elements from Persona in CS, but this is one is pretty obvious >_>
    Lmao. Now I'm wxpecting him to spam effin, and also to open his own fan site for protag-kun

Weren't there no digimon in the new timeline besides v-pets? Or do I need to watch CS's ending again?

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfTartarus View Post
    Lmao. Now I'm wxpecting him to spam effin, and also to open his own fan site for protag-kun
    For real?!

Domination Battles sound kinda interesting.

Zubamon and its line being in this game is awesome, but I wanted it to be like DLC after the game comes out so that the 71 new Digimon were ones that are more obscure or classic, I guess.

I like Ryuji's design, but about the story:
    I'll be really disappointed if this is during the original timeline. Exploring a new timeline where similar but completely different events take place is always something I find to be fun, and as far as CS' story goes, I feel like I got all that I really needed during that game itself.

I wish I was more excited than I am. I still have mixed feelings about it not being a completely new thing and reusing so much from the first game. I'm happy they're trying to complete lines though. The lack of Turiemon and a few others really bothered me in a as. I'll be a lot more excited when they start announcing more older Digimon, I have a few that I've always wanted to use after I played Cyber Sleuth. It'll be great to see Zubamons forms in more detail too though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaioumon View Post
    Weren't there no digimon in the new timeline besides v-pets? Or do I need to watch CS's ending again?
    According to Nokia, who wouldn't have ever been involved with Digimon in the original timeline again if Suedou hadn't given her and Aiba the Digimon Capture program... whereas Arata and Yuuko got involved with Hacking independantly. So yes, current-Nokia has never interacted with real Digimon in the new timeline, but new-timeline Arata and Yuuko very much could have. Especially if, as I suggested, Digimon were never made public knowledge in the new timeline, and were just something Hackers used in secret.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast