With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 US Release! Plus Exclusive Bonus Feature Interview Clip

Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 US Release! Plus Exclusive Bonus Feature Interview Clip

It's time for Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 Reunion on Blu-ray and DVD for those of us in North America!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The release is officially out today (May 16th), and some people have even gotten them early.

Everyone's waited a long time for a home video release (we're coming up on 2 years in just a few months) and the wait is now over.

We've opened a new discussion thread for people to discuss Part 1 separate from the old streaming discussion thread. If you want to discuss aspects of the release there that's also ok to do.

If you'd like to read about the release before (or after) getting your copy you can find our in-depth review of it right here.

Also, since they know everyone is really looking forward to the extras, Shout has given us an exclusive clip of the bonus interviews to share with everyone.

It's a really good bonus feature that I enjoyed, and perhaps most excitingly from the clip we get to share... it reveals quite a few details about where they were in the dubbing process for future releases from back when the interviews were filmed.

If you still need to get a copy for yourself, you should be able to find it at various local stores, or you can order it online (Affiliate links.)

Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 Reunion Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Combo
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 Reunion DVD

Those who plan to buy it digitally from their choice of digital storefront should see it as being available now.

And of course, we recently got the news that in August we will get Part 2 on home video also, so we immediately have something to look forward to after this initial release.

Edit- Updated the post since it's now the 16th.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

...That was a part 3 line.

Interesting how they referred to the sections of the movies as "episodes" like Crunchyroll did.

Quote Originally Posted by AmEv7Fam View Post
    ...That was a part 3 line.

Interesting how they referred to the sections of the movies as "episodes" like Crunchyroll did.

I assume they put things on the schedule as 'episodes', as it allows more flexibility.

Instead of scheduling for 'the first half' of a film, they schedule for episodes 1 and 2, etc.

Or that could very well be the way the scripts were given to the production crew before they were reversioned for the dub, afterall, they have translations of them in that format from translating for the episodic version.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add C-MC on Facebook Add C-MC on Google+ Visit C-MC's Youtube Channel
    It seems that they're already recording for Confession now I wonder if they got Jeff Nimoy back as Gennai and who did they cast for Hackmon?

Ain't got no mojo... WarGreymon22's Avatar
    Love the cover! Honestly was so surprised when the mega evos happened in that block, Omegamon is always a welcome sight

Image Thumbnail (custom)
    Last edited by MarcFBR; 05-16-2017 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Changed image to thumbnail tag

Ain't got no mojo...
    I finally got mine in the mail! Though it came a bit earlier than what Amazon's expected delivery said but I'm cool with it! Now I just need to sit down and watch it(and hopefully drag my rl bestie into watching it too!)