With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digimon Plush Minis, Review and Images

Quote Originally Posted by vipertongn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SydMontague View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks they look really bad? oO
    yea... I would have to agree. patamon and agumon are probably the best out of the lot (and maybe tentomon). I liked the domez a lot more.

I think I"ll still buy to support franchise, but won't attempt to collect entire set >.<
    I'll 3rd that view.
    I really hate this cutesy stuff, just give us nice proportioned plushes and stop sticking them in blind bags so people have to buy a whole retail box to ensure they get the set.
    Comparing these to the Patamon plush I got as a kid from a Dairy Queen kids meal all of 15 yearsish ago and I would say the 15 year old kids meal toy is better.

You can buy them to support the line if you want, I get the sentiment, I had the same feeling with the Domez but I can't help feeling like all we will see is more of the same if we buy these.
    I want to see Digimon merch in the US, I just don't want to see only this kind of Digimon merchandise but it's so popular these days, flying off the shelves even.

Ain't got no mojo... Zekkaina Solo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Agumon's claws are a bit stiffer, and sewn on... I'm not sure what to call it, but it works well ... This same material is used on other Digimon for similar detail work.
    It appears to be a stiff felt fabric perhaps?

Would you be able to give us a general measurement of how tall the plushies are? If they're Kid's Meal toy sized, I don't know if I'd want to spend $8 USD per (though they're cute).

Quote Originally Posted by GK45 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vipertongn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SydMontague View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks they look really bad? oO
    yea... I would have to agree. patamon and agumon are probably the best out of the lot (and maybe tentomon). I liked the domez a lot more.

I think I"ll still buy to support franchise, but won't attempt to collect entire set >.<
    I'll 3rd that view.
    I really hate this cutesy stuff, just give us nice proportioned plushes and stop sticking them in blind bags so people have to buy a whole retail box to ensure they get the set.
    Comparing these to the Patamon plush I got as a kid from a Dairy Queen kids meal all of 15 yearsish ago and I would say the 15 year old kids meal toy is better.

You can buy them to support the line if you want, I get the sentiment, I had the same feeling with the Domez but I can't help feeling like all we will see is more of the same if we buy these.
    I want to see Digimon merch in the US, I just don't want to see only this kind of Digimon merchandise but it's so popular these days, flying off the shelves even.
    Yeah, when I first saw the promo images, I thought they looked like Kid's Meal toys ... I'd also love some show accurate plushies --I'm thinking of how Pokemon has their plushies: some life size, some mini.

My theory is that this merch is aimed at casual or childhood Digimon fans --like you're browsing at Hot Topic and, "Oh hey look! I loved Digimon as a kid!" And since it's under $10, they grab a couple boxes for nostalgia's sake.

I am also curious to see what this means for USA/"non-Japan" licensed merch. I have a feeling that they're starting out like this 'cause it's less risk. Would they bother licensing something like Bandai Premium quality plushies that would probably retail $50+ for a series whose heyday in the USA was over ten years ago? I hope that they'll realize the popularity of the Domez was our craving for official US Digimon merch in general, but I do worry that we'll see "more of the same" e.g. Blind boxes. The recent announcement for more US Digimon merch makes me a bit hopeful ... Guess only time will tell...

Admitedly, I'd love to see 02 and Tamers rookie Digimon as Domez: Veemon, Wormon, Guilmon, Terriermon, etc. would be so adorable!
    Digimon fangirl (especially of Tamers and Tri) ~ Projects in the works: Sora (Digimon Tri) cosplay, Meicoomon plushie.
    "Koji was right. I didnít know why I was here. But I do now." Happy 15th, Digimon Frontier! April 7, 2002

I've added a size comparison image along with an update regarding the variability issue.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo... Zekkaina Solo's Avatar
    Thanks, Marc! So would you say they're about four inches tall then?
    Digimon fangirl (especially of Tamers and Tri) ~ Projects in the works: Sora (Digimon Tri) cosplay, Meicoomon plushie.
    "Koji was right. I didnít know why I was here. But I do now." Happy 15th, Digimon Frontier! April 7, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Zekkaina Solo View Post
    My theory is that this merch is aimed at casual or childhood Digimon fans --like you're browsing at Hot Topic and, "Oh hey look! I loved Digimon as a kid!" And since it's under $10, they grab a couple boxes for nostalgia's sake.

I am also curious to see what this means for USA/"non-Japan" licensed merch. I have a feeling that they're starting out like this 'cause it's less risk. Would they bother licensing something like Bandai Premium quality plushies that would probably retail $50+ for a series whose heyday in the USA was over ten years ago? I hope that they'll realize the popularity of the Domez was our craving for official US Digimon merch in general, but I do worry that we'll see "more of the same" e.g. Blind boxes. The recent announcement for more US Digimon merch makes me a bit hopeful ... Guess only time will tell...

Admitedly, I'd love to see 02 and Tamers rookie Digimon as Domez: Veemon, Wormon, Guilmon, Terriermon, etc. would be so adorable!
    That is exactly what they are doing, multiplied by a blind box.
    I am hoping that the popularity of these initial items will lead to more and better down the road but it's just as likely they will decide to stick to the safe option and continue the cutesy stuff that sells.
    Ideally I would love to see the Digivice ported over, maybe the Crest, even those Gashapon versions.
    Maybe get some US exclusive stuff for a change, lets see a figure line like the Pokemon have with in scale "Evolution" sets, though I admit that is rather unlikely.

I think that we might get some insight into the tone of future Digimon merch when we see what Bioworld does. Out of the announced companies this is the only one that I see putting out something aimed at adults, the rest are very much kid focused companies.

As to wanting a 2nd wave of Domez, I don't see that being a problem if they are flying off the shelves like they are claiming to.
    I don't know if they would rather go for Champions or for more Rookies though, they could also release Baby forms.
    I, personally, don't think Champions really work with the figure style so I think they are more likely to go with the 02 cast or Baby forms.
    Maybe both? Vmon, Hawkon, Armadillomon, Wormmon, Xvmon or Flamedroman chase and then Baby forms to fill it out?
    They could also do 02 and Tamers in one wave but I'm not sure what chase would go in that line up.
    Vmon, Hawkon, Armadillomon, Wormmon, Guilmon, Renemon, Terrriermon.
    Last edited by GK45; 05-12-2017 at 05:36 PM. Reason: I forgot Wormmon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12