With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Translated Details from Habu Interview About Hacker's Memory

Translated Details from Habu Interview About Hacker's Memory

Famitsu recently interviewed Producer Habu about Hacker's Memory.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Unfortunately garm is a bit to busy at the moment to translate the full interview, but she did go over it for any details of note, and translated those.

A few of these we already knew, but he goes into a bit of additional detail.

Treating the 1st game as 1.0 and completely new content as 2.0, hacker's memory is about 1.7-1.8 in terms of new content.

They did a survey on players who played the previous game, and surprisingly (for Habu at least) in regards to play time, '99 hours or more' got the most answers.

When Cyber Sleuth first sold overseas, there were media remarks on "Why does Japan still make turn-based games?" but the makers of CS feel that turn-based system is one that doesn't grow outdated, and it allows for full control over your units' movements and tactics.

But because it had been a long time since a Digimon game was localized, Cyber Sleuth's release in the west was met with lots of enthusiasm.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

There is emphasis on how Hacker's Memory's protagonist is "a normal person".

For both CS and HM , they chose the starters based on wanting recognizable Digimon [those that have left strong impressions on people], but that don't often see the spotlight. For hm, the fact that the protagonist is not a 'hero' is another reason why they chose these starters. They considered Impmon and Gomamon as well.

Hudie/Butterfly is an important keyword in HM's story, and is linked to Zhuangzi's dream of a butterfly; how the digital world is sort of an extension of the real world and part of our daily lives, until you start to question which one is the actual reality? e.g. you have hackers that lead normal lives in the real world, but are 'special' in the digital world. One of the questions the hackers will face is 'as a hacker, which world should I protect?', linking back to the dream of a butterfly.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

There are more members of Hudie other than the protagonist and Erika, which will be revealed in the future.

Ikebukuro is a new place appearing in HM, and the cafe there acts as Hudie's base.

The Digimon have been rebalanced, rules and beginner-friendly options have been added to online.

When asked if new Digimon will appear in HM, Habu just said he can't reveal anything yet but there's something that will shock fans in store.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Hacker's Memory releases this year in Japan, and early 2018 in the rest of the world.

The game is already available to pre-order at Amazon on Playstation 4

The Vita version will be digital only.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Interesting to see what other Digimon were considered as starters. I really like both Gomamon and Impmon, but am pretty satisfied with the final choices too, especially Betamon.
    Last edited by Deep Saver; 05-11-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    When asked if new Digimon will appear in HM, Habu just said he can't reveal anything yet but there's something that will shock fans in store.
    This part gets me so hyped. I would love it if they would add even more frontier and xros wars digimon like they did with next order

Follow saifors on DeviantArt
    Kind of odd how he mentions criticism of turn-based battles. I've read the grand majority of reviews on metacritic as well as a number of youtube review videos and there really wasn't any criticism about the game being turn based. And with the critical acclaim of Pokémon games and Persona 5 I really fail to see the presence of criticism of this. What there was criticism of was people like myself who think the battle system was a bit too simplistic and kinda generic compared to the previous Story games, as well as the difficulty. Not really criticism of the turn based battle system but how basic it was.
    I am glad to hear that there's been some rebalancing of Digimon, maybe online won't be down to "who has the faster UlforceVeedramon"
    Also "something that will shock fans" does make me wonder, my best guess would be like a big bad like ZeedMilleniumon or maybe something nostalgic to previous entries in the Story series like maybe Chronomon or ExoGrimmon.

Quote Originally Posted by LucasPSI View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    This part gets me so hyped. I would love it if they would add even more frontier and xros wars digimon like they did with next order
    It would be cool to see some tributes to various iterations of the franchise. We already have some classic early Digimon confirmed, maybe they could go on to include some obscure Armor Evolutions, some Devas to flesh out the Perfect levels, full Spirit Evolution lines, some more obscure Savers lines like the Kamemon line, a few X-Antibody mons, and various Xros Digimon. I would be in heaven!

Hudie/Butterfly is an important keyword in HM's story, and is linked to Zhuangzi's dream of a butterfly;
    Aaaaaand let the comparisons to Persona begin.

But in all seriousness, I'm very excited for this game and the Digimon yet to be revealed.
    That concept art of Keisuke is also very amusing, I sense I am going to love the faces he makes.

Quote Originally Posted by saifors View Post
    Kind of odd how he mentions criticism of turn-based battles. I've read the grand majority of reviews on metacritic as well as a number of youtube review videos and there really wasn't any criticism about the game being turn based. And with the critical acclaim of Pokémon games and Persona 5 I really fail to see the presence of criticism of this. What there was criticism of was people like myself who think the battle system was a bit too simplistic and kinda generic compared to the previous Story games, as well as the difficulty. Not really criticism of the turn based battle system but how basic it was.
    Yeah... it does seem like a misunderstanding. No one really complained that it was turn based that I recall, just that it was such a vanilla form of turn based that after a very short period it became boring. I tend to personally think things like Mario RPG or the Mario & Luigi series integration of pressing stuff at the right time to modify attacks is a good way to add depth to the system without making it a chore.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I think he might have meant more than JUST being turn-based, as opposed to putting a spin on it; like, in the case of Persona 5, there's a lot of movement capabilities that CS didn't have. Pokemon would probably be a more apt comparison. Maybe he meant they were too close to Pokemon =P.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    Hudie/Butterfly is an important keyword in HM's story, and is linked to Zhuangzi's dream of a butterfly;
    Aaaaaand let the comparisons to Persona begin.

But in all seriousness, I'm very excited for this game and the Digimon yet to be revealed.
    That concept art of Keisuke is also very amusing, I sense I am going to love the faces he makes.
    Given that P5 has the protagonist being falsely accused of crime he didn't commit...
    Crossover when?

you guys/garm skipped over a lot of notable details from that interview.
    Things like
    - People being able to open rooms and invite friends in multiplayer.(has been a huge criticism about CS Multiplayer)
    - Save files being able to be imported from the previous game.(Benefits unspecified, maybe something akin to Unova link from Pokemon Black&White 2?)
    - them adressing the balance criticism of the game. (is even related to that 99+ playtime remark)
    - them adressing the fan desire of a Digimon game with all of the Digimon

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast