With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Translated Details from Habu Interview About Hacker's Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Vaioumon View Post
    Always funny to see people make grinding rpgs and then be surprised people have large play times.

I wonder what he means by "normal person". The previous protagonists seemed like normal people too. If anything, this guy is less normal for being an actual hacker.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Anyways, as for the wish to have a game with every single possible Digimon in it.. not sure how they're gonna pull that off. o3o; I went through Wikimon and used a calculator to round up the number of Digimon that have been released so far and... it's a whopping 1,256 'mons!(This is including variants, revamps, and obscure 'mon exclusive to mangas and other mediums) With more on the way with the new products such as Hacker's Memory and the remaining Tri movies, I'm not sure how they'd figure that into one disk/console. Especially if you take into consideration all the different possible evolution path deviations that each individual can take when not using their core line. I could be proven wrong one of these days but we'll just have to see.
    Realistically no, they aren't going to do that, and certainly not in this game.
    I'd bet they could do it if they ever opted for a full-effort PS4 game instead of just Vita games that get touched up PS4 versions.
    By the time they finish modeling and coding all of them the PS5 will probably be out.
    キーモン:ブラストモード
    (Kiimon Blast Mode)

Hmm... I don't think it's economically viable for Bandai to bother with a game that has all 1250+ Digimon in it. It's certainly -possible- for them to do it, and hell, Linkz looks positioned to -eventually- have them all! But trying to rush the development of all the remaining ~700 or so would probably cost more than the investment would return. Whereas, using the Linkz business model, they just make a couple at a time and basically get paid for each new 'mon they design a 3D model for.

There's also the possibility that if they just keep using this current set of models that EVENTUALLY the games will catch up to the full roster simply because the roster isn't growing that fast.
    Of course... by the time that happens, these models will look REALLY dated.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Follow Garmmon on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Xros View Post
    you guys/garm skipped over a lot of notable details from that interview.
    Things like
    - People being able to open rooms and invite friends in multiplayer.(has been a huge criticism about CS Multiplayer)
    - Save files being able to be imported from the previous game.(Benefits unspecified, maybe something akin to Unova link from Pokemon Black&White 2?)
    - them adressing the balance criticism of the game. (is even related to that 99+ playtime remark)
    - them adressing the fan desire of a Digimon game with all of the Digimon
    I only skimmed through the interview instead of thoroughly combing it for details, if there's anything notable I missed feel free to point it out.
    I haven't played CS which is a reason why I didn't want to look too thoroughly, and why some of the details on rebalancing didn't strike me as that notable compared to someone who's played it.

As for the fan desire part..I didn't see it that notable because I figured we all know how much we want a game with all the Digimon but that it's just unfeasible. He didn't seem to mention that it was a possibility, so it's just kind of what we've been getting for Digimon games as usual.

@Garmmon yeah don't worry I kinda came off as rude and that wasn't my intention. Thanks for translating as much as you could.

@Jay Ukyou They've been recycling and touching up these 3D models since Re: Digitize I doubt they will look that dated (Especially since they're already really accurate). It will just take a long time if they keep adding only 80 at a time.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    When asked if new Digimon will appear in HM, Habu just said he can't reveal anything yet but there's something that will shock fans in store.
    Honestly it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Wormmon had some new dream-themed butterfly ultimate — which the franchise really ought to have, when you think of it.

Junior Commander
    well, about his seriousness about making "all digimon", I was seeing his tweet about it

https://twitter.com/habumon/status/862875794757922817
    https://twitter.com/habumon/status/862876800199696384

from what I can translate, I can say he's serious about that, but it would take about 8 years more to do it. And it also depends whether Habumon is still involved in the project or not (for example Next 0rder on Vita). Although it's possible if it's made into turn based like digimon story series, but if it's made into the type of world games that focus on development of the raised digimon, it will cost 2-3 times more effort to do so by creating more motions etc, thus he doesn't think it's possible. CMIIW

Makes sense since that's also the reason why the world series introduced those recolor variations like psychemon, soulmon, modoki betamon & so on. It's just cheaper & faster to fill a world with slightly altered Character models. People who criticize Next 0rder for having the recolors in there don't realize how stupid & barren the Evolution tree would be without them.
    Last edited by Xros; 05-13-2017 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour Butz View Post
    When asked if new Digimon will appear in HM, Habu just said he can't reveal anything yet but there's something that will shock fans in store.
    Honestly it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Wormmon had some new dream-themed butterfly ultimate — which the franchise really ought to have, when you think of it.
    It would certainly be nice for Wormmon to have a Mega that isn't Imperialdramon or BanchoStingmon.
    I just hope any new Digimon won't be anything disappointing like another version of Omegamon.
    Last edited by Rohan; 05-13-2017 at 01:49 PM.

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    An open-World game with the entire roster of Digimon would be a dream come true indeed 😊 Anyways, who knows about the future...I totally trust in Habu-san's management!!
    Last edited by Shadow Shinji; 05-13-2017 at 07:44 PM.

You know what i been noticing about each digimon games, that they are drifting away from what make digimon special, i mean digimon is about a group of chosen childrens or teens, who are chosen to save a mysterious world known as the digital world from evil digimon, and that each chosen has one digimon that is meant to be his or her partner with the power of the digivice. Im mean dont get me wrong i love cs and world 3 but it different from the anime. Cs and world 3 dont have digivice and they more trying to compete with pokemon which trying to collecte them all and they shouldnt that why i love digimon because is realistic and different. That the sorta game i want a group of chosen childrens discovering the digital world and they have only one digimon partner
    Last edited by Digimonuniverse; 05-13-2017 at 07:30 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast