With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Translated Details from Habu Interview About Hacker's Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Xros View Post
    you guys/garm skipped over a lot of notable details from that interview.
    Things like
    - People being able to open rooms and invite friends in multiplayer.(has been a huge criticism about CS Multiplayer)
    - Save files being able to be imported from the previous game.(Benefits unspecified, maybe something akin to Unova link from Pokemon Black&White 2?)
    - them adressing the balance criticism of the game. (is even related to that 99+ playtime remark)
    - them adressing the fan desire of a Digimon game with all of the Digimon
    To go over your points...
    The multiplayer being improved has been mentioned before, specific details haven't, but then it's hard to gauge this sort of thing, especially with Bandai's habit of changing elements of the game when it gets it's international release.

Save file importing had been mentioned in relation to the Japanese PS4 version of CS being included (including the Digimon being available in CS.)

It's a new game, balancing changes are assume, not to mention the fact that we did mention this in the article.

Habu is a great guy and a fan friendly producer, but he also has a history of making 'pie in the sky' type comments to fans to get people excited. Fans wanting a game with every Digimon and Habu commenting on it doesn't really mean much. I'm aware of the comments he made despite garm not translating them, and they aren't really any different than comments many game producers of many franchise have made in the past about character lineups.

Please feel free to translate the entire interview if you feel important details were missed, as the article specifically notes "Unfortunately garm is a bit to busy at the moment to translate the full interview, but she did go over it for any details of note, and translated those." That statement alone should suggest things are missing and/or not included.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    To go over your points...
    The multiplayer being improved has been mentioned before, specific details haven't, but then it's hard to gauge this sort of thing, especially with Bandai's habit of changing elements of the game when it gets it's international release.

Save file importing had been mentioned in relation to the Japanese PS4 version of CS being included (including the Digimon being available in CS.)

It's a new game, balancing changes are assume, not to mention the fact that we did mention this in the article.

Habu is a great guy and a fan friendly producer, but he also has a history of making 'pie in the sky' type comments to fans to get people excited. Fans wanting a game with every Digimon and Habu commenting on it doesn't really mean much. I'm aware of the comments he made despite garm not translating them, and they aren't really any different than comments many game producers of many franchise have made in the past about character lineups.

Please feel free to translate the entire interview if you feel important details were missed, as the article specifically notes "Unfortunately garm is a bit to busy at the moment to translate the full interview, but she did go over it for any details of note, and translated those." That statement alone should suggest things are missing and/or not included.
    The point I was trying to make was not that "lel this translation isn't finished". It was that you specifically stated you picked out only the important tidbits yet I think lots of important tidbits were left out.
    Sure you mentioned that the game would get rebalanced, but why that is and / or what idea Habu and the team had behind these rebalances are missing and they're quite important.
    Last edited by Xros; 05-11-2017 at 03:14 PM.

The point I was trying to make was not that "lel this translation isn't finished". It was that you specifically stated you picked out only the important tidbits yet I think lots of important tidbits were left out.
    No, it was that garm picked out the important bits as related to the game and translated them.

The multiplayer and save bits 'probably' could have been clarified (mostly the multiplayer part, as the save thing we knew and the interview doesn't seem to give us new information on it.)

But your third point was mentioned, and the fourth one has little to do with reality to be honest.

Going into detail on 'why' they rebalanced isn't really important, because everyone knows various parts of CS were unbalanced. That's the important part.

I understand why people would be 'excited' over the fourth one, but it's the equivalent of Hugh Jackman commenting he'd like to be Wolverine in an Avengers movie. It's an interesting quote, but it just... doesn't have anything to do with anything.

And of course, the reason I said feel free to translate it wasn't suggesting you were taking potshots at it, it was that garm is busy, had limited time, and she did a quite good job of picking out the bits that were important to people looking forward to the game, that contained new and relevant information. If you personally disagree that the important bits are there, and can translate, then translate it and I will go about putting up the whole thing.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Look, I just want to make sure that sounding rude wasn't my intention and I appreciate that Garm took the time off to translate as much as she could.
    I just think that for a translation claiming it has all of the notable parts it is really missing quite a few.
    Maybe I'm just overselling "interesting" stuff as "super important" but at least that's how I feel (and you don't wanna present my translations on your site I goof way too often).
    as the save thing we knew and the interview doesn't seem to give us new information on it.
    We did? To my knowledge this is the first time we hear of a save import feature. The thing we did knew about was Cross save but that's an entirely different thing.

Ain't got no mojo...
    That's really cool! I haven't played Cyber Sleuth or Next Order, but this should pan out to be something interesting! Can't help but wonder who the surprise 'mons are gonna be. Wouldn't be surprised if Omnimon(Omegamon) Alter-S and its two component Digimon had some involvement with this new title.

Anyways, as for the wish to have a game with every single possible Digimon in it.. not sure how they're gonna pull that off. o3o; I went through Wikimon and used a calculator to round up the number of Digimon that have been released so far and... it's a whopping 1,256 'mons!(This is including variants, revamps, and obscure 'mon exclusive to mangas and other mediums) With more on the way with the new products such as Hacker's Memory and the remaining Tri movies, I'm not sure how they'd figure that into one disk/console. Especially if you take into consideration all the different possible evolution path deviations that each individual can take when not using their core line. I could be proven wrong one of these days but we'll just have to see.

Apologies for the long and halfway off-topic reply after the first 3 sentences, I just wanted to get that minor analysis out of my system*sheepish expression*

I just think that for a translation claiming it has all of the notable parts it is really missing quite a few.
    Mind quoting where I said all?

Because I said "any details of note."

To say nothing of the fact that what is notable to some will not be notable to others.

I mean, as an example. I like Habu. But his responses in many interviews skew to hyperbole. The hyperbole itself isn't notable to me unless the interview is fully translated, because those elements aren't going to actually be in games. Others may disagree.

Now, if you intention wasn't to be rude, let's let the thread get back on topic to the actual stuff he said that is relevant for discussion, based on the news post.

Anyways, as for the wish to have a game with every single possible Digimon in it.. not sure how they're gonna pull that off. o3o; I went through Wikimon and used a calculator to round up the number of Digimon that have been released so far and... it's a whopping 1,256 'mons!(This is including variants, revamps, and obscure 'mon exclusive to mangas and other mediums) With more on the way with the new products such as Hacker's Memory and the remaining Tri movies, I'm not sure how they'd figure that into one disk/console. Especially if you take into consideration all the different possible evolution path deviations that each individual can take when not using their core line. I could be proven wrong one of these days but we'll just have to see.
    Realistically no, they aren't going to do that, and certainly not in this game.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Yeah.. from the way I can see it, sounds like it'd be a programmer's worst nightmare with that much data and coding to input into one game if they did attempt to pull that off.

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Man I really admire this guy so so much...Looking forward to know more details about the interview!!

People being able to open rooms and invite friends in multiplayer.(has been a huge criticism about CS Multiplayer)
    Oh thank god. This is something that should have definitely been a thing in the first game. I honestly have no idea what they were thinking with not being able to invite friends in the first one. Actually, I'be got a funny story regarding it. I was in a relationship around the time of cyber sleuths release. My boyfriend and I who were both huge fans of the game and were a bit far away from each other but really wanted to play together, so we decided to have an online date night where we would play against each other in cyber sleuth's multiplayer multiplayer... only to find out you couldn't invite friends

Always funny to see people make grinding rpgs and then be surprised people have large play times.

I wonder what he means by "normal person". The previous protagonists seemed like normal people too. If anything, this guy is less normal for being an actual hacker.

I'd bet they could do it if they ever opted for a full-effort PS4 game instead of just Vita games that get touched up PS4 versions.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast