With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Contest Winners- Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 Blu-ray Prize Packages

Contest Winners- Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 Blu-ray Prize Packages

Our US contest is over!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

After going through all the entries (and getting opinions from a few others on my thoughts on the entries), we have two winners!

Received quite a few entries, both written and images, but I think I pared them down to two decently.

First up is one I was sent via email, and it's a fully colored drawing.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

K Lou did a fantastic image of the cat duo, and I think it came out fantastically well.

The second one was harder. I bounced between 3 or 4 different entries to be honest. I kept coming back to one I was sort of discounting because the person won a WtW contest in 2016, but it was just to good to not have it win.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Forum member Zekkaina cosplaying as Kari! I think everyone will agree that one definitely deserved to be a winner.

I'll share stuff from other entrants in the future if people are interested in seeing them, after giving people a chance to share their stuff on their own.

I'll be contacting the winners shortly to get the proper info so they can get their prize packages from Shout.

Thanks everyone for entering.

And since tri. part 1 comes out next week...

Digimon Adventure tri. part 1 is still available to order and releases on May 16th (Affiliate links.)
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Combo
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 DVD
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

A little backstory for my photo entry:

Image Thumbnail (custom)

I had intended it to be a direct reference to the cover (and poster?) of Digimon: The Movie. The reason I chose to do a "parody" cover is due to Tri being the first theatrical appearance of Digimon in 16 years.
    Last edited by MarcFBR; 05-08-2017 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Added Thumbnail Embed

Ain't got no mojo... Zekkaina Solo's Avatar
    Thank you so much! ^_^ Kari is my favorite Digimon character, so when I saw the Tri promo art, I knew I had to cosplay her! I even made her summer uniform and then was dismayed to find that they switched the colors in her top when we finally saw it in later films (the perils of working off of promo art, LOL). I also enjoyed reading about how Digimon has impacted the lives of other fans. Looking forward to seeing more of the entries!

@K Loo - Your digital art is awesome! Gatomon and Meicoomon need to interact together more, haha. I want to try and make a Meicoomon plush for my Meiko cosplay someday ... ^_^

@AmEv7Fam - That's a great homage to the Digimon film. Thanks for sharing your behind the scenes!
    Digimon fangirl (especially of Tamers and Tri) ~ Projects in the works: Sora (Digimon Tri) cosplay, Meicoomon plushie.
    "Koji was right. I didnít know why I was here. But I do now." Happy 15th, Digimon Frontier! April 7, 2002