With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Daigo's and Maki's age?

  1. #1
    Junior Commander Solomon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    280
    Follow Solomon on DeviantArt Visit Solomon's Youtube Channel

    Daigo's and Maki's age?

    I thought I'd make this thread because I've kind of wondered about a lot of stuff regarding the characters Daigo Nishjima and Maki Himekawa for some time now: such as how old they are during the events of Tri, what respective years they were born, what year the flashback in Loss took place in, etc. And I'm pretty sure others here might have wondered the same too.

    If I had to guess myself, I'd assume that Daigo and Maki are probably in their mid-to-late 30s (and were most likely born in the early 70s) and the flashback might've took place sometime in the late 70s or early 80s. Maybe the actual ages and years will be confirmed by Toei or otherwise in the near-future, but for now, it remains a mystery.

    But those are my thoughts, what about yours?

  2. #2
    Junior Commander Nemomon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Age
    34
    Posts
    332
    Daigo is like 15 yo or less. Just look at him, I like to call him a "shota sensei" since he looks younger than the kids he is teaching.

    I think they're at the middle or end of their twenties. Oikawa is early 30s (and does look like [s]a zombie[/s] a grandpa), and he was born some time during the '60s. During the events of Tri he would be like 35 yo. Considering that the event of Zero Two take place in 2002, so Tri takes place in 2005, I think I can agree with you that they were born in the late 70s or early 80s, and have like 25 years old.
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

  3. #3
    Junior Commander Solomon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    280
    Follow Solomon on DeviantArt Visit Solomon's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemomon View Post
    Daigo is like 15 yo or less. Just look at him, I like to call him a "shota sensei" since he looks younger than the kids he is teaching.
    Is that supposed to be a joke or something? Just curious.

  4. #4
    Junior Commander Nemomon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Age
    34
    Posts
    332
    Yeah, a joke. In my second paragraph I'm talking about realm him (and Maki).
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

  5. #5
    Junior Commander Solomon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    280
    Follow Solomon on DeviantArt Visit Solomon's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemomon View Post
    Yeah, a joke. In my second paragraph I'm talking about realm him (and Maki).
    Okay. What do you mean by realm anyway?

  6. #6
    Junior Commander Nemomon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Age
    34
    Posts
    332
    A typo. I meant "real him". I wrote that right before leaving to work, so I tried to write that fast.

    Maki probaby is older than Daigo but only by a year or two. I would make her 27 at max. Daigo 25. I don't remember now how the remaining kids looked like, but I remember that one of them was looking really young, so I would give him 23. Maybe it doesn't look like that, but it's been already 6 years since Taichi and the rest entered the Digital World, so the Original Chosen Children are also 6 years older now. When Taichi and co. entered the DW, the Original Chosen Children were already adult or almost adult. So I would guess they entered the DW when they were ~11 or ~12 yo as well. Like 7~8 years before Taichi and the rest, so ~1991 or ~1992.
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

  7. #7
    I'm a Maniac
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemomon View Post
    Maki probaby is older than Daigo but only by a year or two. I would make her 27 at max. Daigo 25. I don't remember now how the remaining kids looked like, but I remember that one of them was looking really young, so I would give him 23. Maybe it doesn't look like that, but it's been already 6 years since Taichi and the rest entered the Digital World, so the Original Chosen Children are also 6 years older now. When Taichi and co. entered the DW, the Original Chosen Children were already adult or almost adult. So I would guess they entered the DW when they were ~11 or ~12 yo as well. Like 7~8 years before Taichi and the rest, so ~1991 or ~1992.
    I would say their ages are somewhere between 27 and 35, largely based on the flashback to when they were in University. Given that Tri. takes place in 2005, and the library they're in has several computers that don't look insanely ancient/enormous, I would estimate that they were in school sometime in the mid 90s.

    I say 27 as a minimum because Maki mentioned she would be graduating 'next year', putting her age at the time of the flashback at around 21, and I think it's a safe assumption that it took place before the August 1 1999, because with Maki's obsession, she would have been all over any Digimon sightings. So there would have to be at least 6 years between the flashback and the start of Tri.
    Last edited by SharpeBB; 05-07-2017 at 10:51 PM.

  8. #8
    I come from the net Jay Ukyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Nagoya, Japan
    Posts
    1,855
    I personally like the theory that Maki/Daigo's group are part of the cause of the Hikarigaoka incident with Parrotmon and Greymon when Taichi and Hikari were little.
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

  9. #9
    Junior Commander Nemomon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Age
    34
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpeBB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemomon View Post
    Maki probaby is older than Daigo but only by a year or two. I would make her 27 at max. Daigo 25. I don't remember now how the remaining kids looked like, but I remember that one of them was looking really young, so I would give him 23. Maybe it doesn't look like that, but it's been already 6 years since Taichi and the rest entered the Digital World, so the Original Chosen Children are also 6 years older now. When Taichi and co. entered the DW, the Original Chosen Children were already adult or almost adult. So I would guess they entered the DW when they were ~11 or ~12 yo as well. Like 7~8 years before Taichi and the rest, so ~1991 or ~1992.
    I would say their ages are somewhere between 27 and 35, largely based on the flashback to when they were in University. Given that Tri. takes place in 2005, and the library they're in has several computers that don't look insanely ancient/enormous, I would estimate that they were in school sometime in the mid 90s.

    I say 27 as a minimum because Maki mentioned she would be graduating 'next year', putting her age at the time of the flashback at around 21, and I think it's a safe assumption that it took place before the August 1 1999, because with Maki's obsession, she would have been all over any Digimon sightings. So there would have to be at least 6 years between the flashback and the start of Tri.
    If they're ~35, then it would mean that they're like 3 years younger than Oikawa. But the Digital World Oikawa and Iori's father saw was much different than the world Daigo and the rest been in. And I don't think it would be possible for a world to change its GameBoy appearance to a PC appearance within a few years. Therefore I think that either they're younger or Oikawa's life history is not canon in Tri.
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

  10. #10
    I'm a Maniac
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemomon View Post
    If they're ~35, then it would mean that they're like 3 years younger than Oikawa. But the Digital World Oikawa and Iori's father saw was much different than the world Daigo and the rest been in. And I don't think it would be possible for a world to change its GameBoy appearance to a PC appearance within a few years. Therefore I think that either they're younger or Oikawa's life history is not canon in Tri.
    I chose 35 as a max more just due to their physical appearance, that they could be in their 30s, but not much older than that.

    As for the appearance of the Digital World, it's never really consistent on how it is seen in the real world. When it appears in the sky, it looks real to the whole world, but everything everything Oikawa has in relation to it has pixelated graphics. Maybe it changes based on whether people have actually been there or not, or maybe every the DigiDestined save the Digital World, something in the coding resets and changes how it's perceived in the real world. All speculation of course and I doubt they'll ever explain it.

    Ultimately, I do agree that Maki and Daigo are probably younger than Oikawa, but it's hard to tell for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    I personally like the theory that Maki/Daigo's group are part of the cause of the Hikarigaoka incident with Parrotmon and Greymon when Taichi and Hikari were little.
    I like the theory too, but I don't think it really makes sense with the timeline. That event occurred in 1995, and it's now 2005. If we assume that Maki and Daigo were about 11 when they first went to the Digital World, that means they'd be in their early 20s at the time of Tri. Given that they showed us the two in their late teens/early 20s in one of the flashbacks, I don't think the timing fits.

    However, since we don't have solid confirmation on any of their ages, they certainly could have partly caused the Hikarigaoka incident. If they were, I would certainly hope that gets explained at some point.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •