With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Daigo's and Maki's age?

Completely digital MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    ken isn´t the problem, since time flows the same in the digita world in 02 cause the ending of adventure

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by MajinAkuma View Post
    Aging was possible in Savers' Digital World. But I don't think that Adventure's/02's Digital World prevents them from aging. That would be problematic in 02, where Ken spent three months there and I don't think the heroes went every day there. Look at the six senpais and Michael who all had significantly fewer opportunities to go to the Digital World. 02 took place between early April and December 31, but none of look older than their debut appearance. It seems more like an anime thing where they don't appear age as if they're Satoshi from Pokémon.

Adventure appears trickier to me than 02, but even if they did age, it wouldn't visible to us viewers because the characters' appearance doesn't change due for the sake of simplicity.

And didn't the Tamers spent several months in te real world before their departure? They didn't age in our eyes either.
    If aging in the Digital World was a thing or relevant, they would have shown us that, simplicity be damned. In adventure, they make several allusions to how long they spent in the Digital World. If they really wanted to showcase how much time had passed, the easiest way to do that would be to show that they aged! We're talking a bunch of kids who are constantly growing, some about to hit puberty. If they wanted, the creators could have easily shown them physically aging.

But they didn't, which to me implies that there is no real aging in the Digital World. And if there's no importance in aging, then obviously the animators won't put much effort into making big character changes, for simplicity, like you said.

And as Tartarus said, anything that happened after Adventure is moot in terms of aging, since the Digital World time had synced with the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpeBB View Post
    But they didn't, which to me implies that there is no real aging in the Digital World. And if there's no importance in aging, then obviously the animators won't put much effort into making big character changes, for simplicity, like you said.
    And as Tartarus said, anything that happened after Adventure is moot in terms of aging, since the Digital World time had synced with the real world.
    We don't know if time in Adventure's Digital World even affect their physical bodies or if 02's Digital World follows the same rules as the other Digital World when it comes to aging. If there's the hypothesis that time doesn't affect the children's bodies, how do we know that 02's world wouldn't follow the same principle. The one thing we know about the times of both worlds is their speed. Time in Adventure's world flows significantly faster. But that's the only thing we know. Yet both Digital Worlds could follow the same rules when it comes to aging, and unfortunately, the Adventure kids didn't spent enough time in the Digital World that would showcase if they could age or not. If they can, then it's easier to write 02 that way, since the series spends 9 months in real life. But if they couldn't, then the Digital World would be a fountain of youth, and 02's could be the same.

Because simplicity is a thing, the writers probably didn't thought of that, which actually may imply that both Digital Worlds don't follow the same rules in terms of aging at all, since it's way easier for them and us viewers to determine the children's ages. Thus, I theorize that Adventure's Digital World doesn't have a concept of aging for the children.

It's very likely to assume that the original five didn't age in the Digital World, since their Digital World is the same as in Adventure and isn't the reconstructed one from 02.

No one seems to age during 02 despite them spending the majority of their time in the real world where we know people age, unless you want to dispute that also.
    And the easiest way to establish how much time passed it have them talk about how much time passed, which is exactly what they do.

When talking about growth before puberty, the average height difference during that age for an entire year is like 7cm, and if you think that a couple months, probably 4 at most, in other words about 3cm or less, would be a big deal to anyone you underestimate how bad humans instinctively are at absolute measurements... and even if their parents were the sort that measured their kids every year, which is probably they only time they could notice any difference said difference would still be pretty much within normal margins.
    Of course including miniscule height changes in their designs would generally get lost in how fluid/inconsistent the proportions in general are during the animation, so it be a waste of time.
    Last edited by Theigno; 08-12-2017 at 08:41 AM.

...also, don't call me Igno.

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by MajinAkuma View Post
    We don't know if time in Adventure's Digital World even affect their physical bodies or if 02's Digital World follows the same rules as the other Digital World when it comes to aging. If there's the hypothesis that time doesn't affect the children's bodies, how do we know that 02's world wouldn't follow the same principle. The one thing we know about the times of both worlds is their speed. Time in Adventure's world flows significantly faster. But that's the only thing we know. Yet both Digital Worlds could follow the same rules when it comes to aging, and unfortunately, the Adventure kids didn't spent enough time in the Digital World that would showcase if they could age or not. If they can, then it's easier to write 02 that way, since the series spends 9 months in real life. But if they couldn't, then the Digital World would be a fountain of youth, and 02's could be the same.

Because simplicity is a thing, the writers probably didn't thought of that, which actually may imply that both Digital Worlds don't follow the same rules in terms of aging at all, since it's way easier for them and us viewers to determine the children's ages. Thus, I theorize that Adventure's Digital World doesn't have a concept of aging for the children.

It's very likely to assume that the original five didn't age in the Digital World, since their Digital World is the same as in Adventure and isn't the reconstructed one from 02.
    You are forgetting that they did spend several months in the Digital World in Adventure, and like I said if there was aging it likely would have been noticeable given the character's ages. Otherwise, we're just agreeing that there is no concept of aging, and that the original five didn't really age, albeit in different ways.

But there has only been one Digital World in the Adventure universe. Yes, it was reconstructed at the end of Adventure, but it is still the same world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    No one seems to age during 02 despite them spending the majority of their time in the real world where we know people age, unless you want to dispute that also.
    And the easiest way to establish how much time passed it have them talk about how much time passed, which is exactly what they do.

When talking about growth before puberty, the average height difference during that age for an entire year is like 7cm, and if you think that a couple months, probably 4 at most, in other words about 3cm or less, would be a big deal to anyone you underestimate how bad humans instinctively are at absolute measurements... and even if their parents were the sort that measured their kids every year, which is probably they only time they could notice any difference said difference would still be pretty much within normal margins.
    Of course including miniscule height changes in their designs would generally get lost in how fluid/inconsistent the proportions in general are during the animation, so it be a waste of time.
    I agree with the fact that a lot people don't notice small changes, I was just saying making them physically age would have been a way to portray that they had been aging. I mean, if you look at Hikari and Takeru, Hikari was a little bit taller in Adventure, but TK had far outgrown her by the time we hit 02, a span of three years. So if there was proportional aging in the Digital World in adventure, I think we at least would have seen him gaining some ground on Hikari.

Ultimately though, for me it goes back to the fact that since they didn't include any references to it in the first place, aging isn't really something that is considered relevant in the Adventure world.
    Last edited by SharpeBB; 08-12-2017 at 09:01 AM.

You are forgetting that they did spend several months in the Digital World in Adventure, and like I said if there was aging it likely would have been noticeable given the character's ages. Otherwise, we're just agreeing that there is no concept of aging, and that the original five didn't really age, albeit in different ways.

Ultimately though, for me it goes back to the fact that since they didn't include any references to it in the first place, aging isn't really something that is considered relevant in the Adventure world.
    I didn't forget it and I considered it in my previous post. But Toei didn't consider aging as a problem for Adventure. After all, they all have the exact same appearance every episode. They don't even grow hair. 02 is even a better example, since they spend most of the time in the real world rather than in the Digital World, yet they all still look the same in the series, despite it takes place within 9 months. It's common in Toei's original kid shows because they did it with the PreCure franchise all the time. The Max Heart team look still the same despite we saw them "grow" for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    The fact that they still look the same is the reason why I brought up simplicity in the first place.

But there has only been one Digital World in the Adventure universe. Yes, it was reconstructed at the end of Adventure, but it is still the same world.
    That's true in a certain point of view, but so does my statement. They "new" Digitial World is reconstructed from the first, but it's still different enough from the old one. The time of the Digital World has synced with the real world and there are more gates than ever. Maybe because the world has evolved, but "new" world works so much different from the "old" world that are barely the same anymore.

I'm a Maniac
    You're arguing with me and yet making my point at the same time. I agree that aging isn't something that was considered. I did from the beginning. I'm saying that if age mattered, they could have actually shown aging. And they didn't. Which is why, going back, I don't think amount of time spent in the Digital World really affects Maki and Daigo's age.

And I'm not going to get into anymore conjecture and speculation of 'versions' of the Digital World, because that's not the point of this thread.

I don't think Maki & Daigo's ages were affected by visiting the digital world anymore than it did Taichi, Daisuke, & co.'s ages to be honest. Guess I don't have any SOLID evidence on that but there's really nothing that goes the other way either. But I'm sure they'll never say how old they are old they are or when it was the original five chosen children fought the dark masters but I think seeing the last two movies will at least give us a better idea

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234