With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digimon 20th Anniversary Gashapon Figures in August

I'm a Maniac
    This is a great throwback to the vpet series. I appreciate the artwork
    Last edited by vipertongn; 05-07-2017 at 02:23 AM.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by GK45 View Post
    One thing that might bug me is that Monzaemon is only 5mm taller then Agumon.
    The original v-pet had a line of figures to go with it back in the day, and they were more or less in the same scale as each other. In that regard, this isn't much different. Plus in this case, they have to be small enough to fit inside a gashapon.

Thanks for the links, if there really are 8 and it's not a mistake it'd be fun to repaint them into Yukiagumon, Midokibetamon and Geremon.

I hope we eventually get more obscure Digimon, especially Ver. 5 Digimons. But who knows how many they'll do

Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GK45 View Post
    One thing that might bug me is that Monzaemon is only 5mm taller then Agumon.
    The original v-pet had a line of figures to go with it back in the day, and they were more or less in the same scale as each other. In that regard, this isn't much different. Plus in this case, they have to be small enough to fit inside a gashapon.
    They make so nostalgic (along with the original artwork) which is why I'm so happy about these. They actually came out in the west too. I saw a box set with the whole american tamagotchized Vpet aesthetic on eBay once. They re-rereleased them for the anime here too, so a bunch of people here probably grew up with a bunch of them without realizing it. The orange MetalGreymon still has the Vpet single wings, and reptile eye.

The funny thing about that is apparently Mamemon was smaller than Koromon, about the size of Betamon. Maybe he was meant to be even smaller than he is now.

I wonder if they're going to another Vpet roster next, or doing a few more from Ver 1? I just realized how much I want Mamemon merchandise.
    Last edited by flintlock; 05-07-2017 at 02:59 PM.

I remember them, some came in cages I think.
    I don't believe I ever had any, they never made it to stores around me, one of the many problems living in the middle of nowhere.

As for the next round, I would lean towards expecting another version's roster.
    The first release has a pretty good spread of Version 1 Digimon, if they had intended to release another round of Version 1
    Digimon I would have expected them to release a full line, probably Agumon's, instead of an assortment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12