With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digimon 20th Anniversary Gashapon Figures in August

Digimon 20th Anniversary Gashapon Figures in August

More 20th Anniversary stuff!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

This time we have a new series of figures!

Digital Monster: The First Collectible Figure Version 1.0 will be gashapon figures based on the original design artwork of various Digimon.

The four figures: Agumon, Betamon, Numemon, and Monzaemon, will be out in August. Each is 1.5 to 1.75 inches. The gashapon will cost 300 yen.

And of course, the numbering suggests more are to come.

Thanks to boku for the heads up and Eagle Anime for the image.

Update- HLJ has boxes of 8 up for preorder for 2,400 yen.

Thanks to GK45 for the heads up.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

These look awesome! I'm a big fan of the old, kinda grungy-looking art style, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for these guys! They'll go great with my pewter Digital Monster mini figs

Ohhh I hope we hear a release date soon!

Gonna aim for Beta/Monzae/Nume/then Agumon lol

Junior Commander
    finally something much more worthy to commemorate franchise's 20th anniv instead of the re-release of 15th anniv digivice. I'm glad they don't forget the real classics of digimon franchise. Yeah guys, these are the real digimon classics, not agumon gabumon pair

Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    finally something much more worthy to commemorate franchise's 20th anniv instead of the re-release of 15th anniv digivice. I'm glad they don't forget the real classics of digimon franchise. Yeah guys, these are the real digimon classics, not agumon gabumon pair
    Interesting fact there. Teach me more sensei! :>

I come from the net Da_Duke2000's Avatar
    I agree wholeheartedly. It's nice to see acknowledgement of the pre-anime 'roots'. Plus, Betamon needs way more love.
    ChinookCrafts @ Etsy
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/chinookcrafts

Digimon Tags, Legend of Zelda Rupees, Pokemon Evolution Stones, and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Duke2000 View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. It's nice to see acknowledgement of the pre-anime 'roots'. Plus, Betamon needs way more love.
    Yeah man, finally something actually related to the 20th Anniversary of the V-pet.
    I mean, I was personally hoping for a 20th V-pet but all we got was a rerelease of the 15th Digivice.
    Would have been so much cooler to get a 20th version of the original V-pet though.
    Oh hey, what about a V-pet designed after Omegamon or a gold V-pet? How cool would that be? But no, just the 15th Digivice rerelease.
    Oh well, at least we got 4 small figures. I mean, they're no V-pet but at least it's something other than a rerelease of the 15th Digivice.

Sarcasm towards children aside.
    They look like they might be nice, have to wait for painted versions to really know, I'm always a fan of these smaller detailed Statue Figures.
    Don't get me wrong, Action Figures are nice but they have joints and they take space and money, so much money.
    Nothing beats a nicely sized, well detailed mini.
    One thing that might bug me is that Monzaemon is only 5mm taller then Agumon.
    Though you could argue that everything was about the same size in the V-pet due to limitations. So, accurately sized to the V-pet?

These look amazing but they chopped off Agumon's thumbs again. I guess his thumbs just were never meant to be. It bugs me so much more than it should but they tried to imitate official art so much besides that so it really sticks out like a sore thumb...

Will these show up on retailer websites like candy toys or are they only going to be in machines in Japan? I'm sure someone into tokusatsu toys could have some idea. I hope they're easy to get either way.

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    These look amazing but they chopped off Agumon's thumbs again. I guess his thumbs just were never meant to be. It bugs me so much more than it should but they tried to imitate official art so much besides that so it really sticks out like a sore thumb...

Will these show up on retailer websites like candy toys or are they only going to be in machines in Japan? I'm sure someone into tokusatsu toys could have some idea. I hope they're easy to get either way.
    So they have, never noticed.

As to availability, I think I found them on HLJ, no picture so I can't be sure though.
    It looks like $30ish with shipping for a box of 8 capsules, so that would be two sets, unless it's random or there is a secret figure.
    I'll probably grab a box or two if funds permit.

That's them.

Added it to the news post.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast