With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Licensing Partners for Digimon Adventure tri. Products & Toei at Licensing Expo

New Licensing Partners for Digimon Adventure tri. Products & Toei at Licensing Expo

Looks like more Digimon Adventure tri. products are a comin' for those of us in North America!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Toei has signed a number of new licensing partners for Digimon Adventure tri. merchandise in the USA.

Bioworld will be doing apparel.

Zag Toys, Tech 4 Kids, and Just Toys will all be doing various collectible toys.

Squishable will be doing plushes.

In addition, Toei will be exhibiting their various brands for licensing purposes at the upcoming Licensing Expo (May 23-25.)

Thanks to Licensing Magazine for the news and NJ_ for bringing it to our attention.

Small Note- Licensing Magazine refers to "Digimon Adventure", but also describes it as "the six-part film series that will reunite the cast and characters from the classic series." It's clear they are referring to tri. not just because of the description, but because Zag Toys has already licensed Digimon Adventure for collectible toys.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I'm a Maniac
    OH MY GOD, this is great news!!! Thanks for the updates, i'm looking forward to more products available in the US.

2017 is going to be an EXCELLENT year for Western Digimon fans!

Nice, Bioworld's stuff looks to be reasonably priced and well designed, the rest seem to make the cutesy deformed stuff that has been so popular lately and annoys me to death.

Should we be expecting more announced at the expo or will it just be examples of the products from these 5 companies?

Quote Originally Posted by GK45 View Post
    Nice, Bioworld's stuff looks to be reasonably priced and well designed, the rest seem to make the cutesy deformed stuff that has been so popular lately and annoys me to death.

Should we be expecting more announced at the expo or will it just be examples of the products from these 5 companies?
    Licensing Expo can be relatively random on if anything is 'announced', it's more akin to a business show. Companies dealing with companies, showing off their wares and brands.

Announcements aren't impossible, but especially with announcing this stuff weeks before the expo... eh, who knows.

Often times even 'announcements' are informal.

Like, people found out about multiple more seasons of Voltron at the New York Toy Fair because the toy company had it listed that the show had an episode commitment equating to 6 seasons total, etc.

Things on display are always possibilities though.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    Bioworld stuff tends to end up in the UK as well. I have some of their hoodies etc and they are really comfortable.

I can be down for some apparel, assuming it's not overly tacky.

Wonder what the toys will be like...

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Licensing Expo can be relatively random on if anything is 'announced', it's more akin to a business show. Companies dealing with companies, showing off their wares and brands.

Announcements aren't impossible, but especially with announcing this stuff weeks before the expo... eh, who knows.
    Ah, good information, thanks.
    That's too bad, I would love to show support for Digimon in the US but as I said, the cutsey deformed stuff just doesn't do it for me.
    I'm sure they will sell well though, the style is very popular.

Quote Originally Posted by BlankShell View Post
    I can be down for some apparel, assuming it's not overly tacky.

Wonder what the toys will be like...
    From a quick look around the sites, mostly deformed stuff.
    Zag Toys - They are doing the Domez
    Tech 4 Kids - Looks like really simple "figures" aimed at really young kids, like stick things in their mouth young.
    Just Toys - Mostly plastic figure keychains in the big head style.
    Squishable- Round plushes, think ball with head and limbs.

Follow Rika24 On Twitter Follow Rika24 on DeviantArt Visit Rika24's Youtube Channel
    For the squishables, I could imagine that working really well for in training digimon

Quote Originally Posted by Rika24 View Post
    For the squishables, I could imagine that working really well for in training digimon
    I hadn't really thought of that, it is possible but they seem to specialize in making not round animals round.
    If they do stick to the baby and in training forms that could work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast