With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Adventure Ranks High in NHK 100 Best Anime Poll and TV airing of films

Digimon Adventure Ranks High in NHK 100 Best Anime Poll and TV airing of films

The final poll results are out for the NHK 100 Best Anime Poll!

With the polls closed and the results out we have where Digimon positioned in the list.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Digimon Adventure is 18th in the overall ranking (a few slots higher than where it was in the preliminary rankings a number of months ago.)

The male only ranking has Digimon Adventure at 35th, while the female only ranking has it tied for 25th with Evangelion.

NHK also put up extended rankings down to 400th place for the overall ranking and Digimon Adventure: Our War Game (the second movie) ranked at 302nd.

No further Digimon series or films were listed.

Not bad placements overall for the Digimon franchise.

Adventure Director Kakudou commented on Twitter a thank you to everyone who supported them.

Volcano Ota responded to Kakudou's thanks to fans (and mentioning of the ranking) with "Wow... that's amazing! It is! It is!"

A number of high ranking and well regarded series/films from the list will have a screening on the NHK BS Premium channel, including Digimon.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

For Digimon it will be Our War Game, along with the Digimon Adventure pre-series theatrical film.

They will air this Sunday, May 7th, at 10:50pm.

Also, producer Seki Hiromi (with the franchise since the very beginning of the anime) will be interviewed during the timeslot and anime critic Ryosuke Hikawa will be on hand to give an explanation of the work.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Great to hear it's doing this well. At least after it airs, can someone say if it's SD, the BD, or (unlikely) new HD masters?

Quote Originally Posted by soupstain View Post
    Great to hear it's doing this well. At least after it airs, can someone say if it's SD, the BD, or (unlikely) new HD masters?
    I would assume it's the BD masters.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    In all honesty, despite how very unpolished Adventure is, the originality of the vision and presentation, for their time, places it in a very short list of the most innovative anime (at least, those which actually manage to be good too, and more than a mere novelty act). I would argue that in this sense it is better, or to be more precise, more important than even Tamers, which is better in its own right but which relies so much upon the foundation of Adventure for its storytelling devices that it canít be considered nearly as groundbreaking.

Wow, that's a really high ranking, but Adventure is classic after all! I would argue that Our War Game (or any Digimon movie for that matter) doesn't really deserve a placement though, but hey.

I would have said the same thing about Our War Game, but considering that the placement is three-hundred-and-second, I think thatís appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Saver View Post
    Wow, that's a really high ranking, but Adventure is classic after all! I would argue that Our War Game (or any Digimon movie for that matter) doesn't really deserve a placement though, but hey.
    what do you mean by "doesn't deserve" all the digimon series are great, they should all be on that list, but yeah i know other anime series's exist too, but Digimon is still the best

Haha, no, most of them are utterly mediocre and several are actively bad.

That's pretty cool. Genuinely surprised that Adventure managed to beat out some popular anime like Sword Art Online and One Piece. "Love Live!" taking up three spaces on the top ten does sadden me though.

Also surprised that Tamers wasn't on the list.

One Piece is almost such a cultural institution that it's hard to think of it in terms as personal as 'favourite anime'. It's the same reason it rarely occurs to me to list Star Wars or The Lord of the Rings among my favourite movies.
    Last edited by Seymour Butz; 05-04-2017 at 02:22 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast