With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digimon Adventure Ranks High in NHK 100 Best Anime Poll and TV airing of films

Well, at the very least. I'm glad it beat out the Pokémon anime.

Kinda ironic that it was more popular among females than males since the Digital Monster V-pet was originally a Tamagochi made specifically for boys.

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Xros View Post
    Kinda ironic that it was more popular among females than males since the Digital Monster V-pet was originally a Tamagochi made specifically for boys.
    easy:
    1. adventure has so many fujo, you know the taichi x yamato shippers
    2. male audience like waifu animu more than a normal animu. No wonder why Love Live is on that list just bcos it's waifu pandered, IMHO it's nothing special at all

tbh no wonder why Adventure anime is on the list, it's what made digimon very popular in there, despite being good but not that groundbreaking for a shounen anime (the exception is how they portray the characters background)
    and it's also no wonder why Tamers didn't get into the list bcos it's not that popular in Japan bcos it's pretty much the same complaint from western viewers when aired on tv: wholefully changed from the first 2, very different theme, and too dark for the watchers, even though it's more masterpiece than the overrated Adventure. Oh and hey, Adv Tri is still exist right, then no wonder also...

as for other lists, lol they're just full waifu/husbando fanservice with no masterpiece of storytelling or characterization or probably some popular legend like evangelion.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Tiger + Bunny, but how the hell did that show end up the number 1 anime of all time?
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Don't know that, but I'm surprised to see Free and its sequel this high as well. Makes me wonder who voted in this poll...
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xros View Post
    easy:
    1. adventure has so many fujo, you know the taichi x yamato shippers
    2. male audience like waifu animu more than a normal animu. No wonder why Love Live is on that list just bcos it's waifu pandered, IMHO it's nothing special at all
    I know, I was just pointing out the irony of this.

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemomon View Post
    Don't know that, but I'm surprised to see Free and its sequel this high as well. Makes me wonder who voted in this poll...
    Surely it's fanboys and fangirls from certain fandom. Free is full of fujoshi(s), same as how bungou stray dogs and osomatsu-san does. It's not surprising. Madoka has their yuri fandom also the secretly "madoka religion" parody fandom, Love Live is full of lowly fanboys who some many of them usually doing shameful things like dogeza in every wall posters or train.

Through the lists, the one that I can believe it's a reasonable vote for high rank is ginga eiyuu densetsu and several 70s anime, also cowboy bebop. Sure there's another one I can't really say, but AFAIK it's like that.

Oh yeah, strangely I don't see any FMA on top 100, or maybe I missed. And about gundam, all I can react is just laugh bcos they included Seed, even though the first Kidou Senshi Gundam is legit choice bcos it's 70s.

On the Adventure one, well, you know that the digishippers fandom in Japan related to Adv series are mostly girls, bcos only they who care of the characters "romance relationship". And bcos of Digimon Adventure anime, many girls started to own v-pet and attend D-1 grandprix in Japan, which AFAIK before 1999, all the participants of D-1 are almost/all boys as the target market initially planned.
    Last edited by DATS24; 05-05-2017 at 12:30 PM.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Actually, both Fullmetal Alchemist anime are on there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12