With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Wave of 20th Anniversary V-Pet Colors... and Updated 15th Digivices!

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by CloneWarrior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    C'mon, I would prefer a brand-new truly commemorative toy for the 20 Anniversary,
    ...like the Digital Monster Ver.20th?
    I'm talking about something completely new. The Digital Monster Ver.20th is after all an enhanced version of the original ones.

I think I'll be fine with the brown ones, after all. The new colors are cool, but I don't know that I really like having the "mortar" part of the brick design being filled with a different color. I love Zubamon and Alphamon's LCDs though! I'm mostly happy that people who didn't get a chance to order one will get another chance. Like most people, though, I hope there aren't any new exclusives for the new colors. ^^'

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Virus Busters. At last we will have revenge."
    My Stuff: Digimon: AR Monsters, Digi-Doodles!, My OC Digimon, V-Pet Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Actar View Post
    Oh, come on. They have GOT to be taking the piss out of collectors. The 20th Anniversary Version ALREADY? We're barely done with the 15th! Can they be any more blatant in exploiting the Digimon fans? Seriously? ANOTHER LCD DIGIVICE RELEASE!? (-.-) Urgh... I can't even be bothered to buy them anymore because they're probably going to make another one in a couple of months in anime colors or something, celebrating the 20.1th Anniversary. Mark my words. (-.-)

Honestly, while I'm in absolutely no position to tell you guys what to do with your money, I highly suggest you not buy these. You're just enabling Bandai.
    Not even a 20th version, it's going to be basically almost the same as the 15th, with a few new additions (I don't really expect quite a lot, unless this one also covers tri., which I highly doubt) and a slightly different cover...I want to support Digimon, but I agree with you. I honestly think that buying, for example, products like the DM ver.20th or Hacker's Memory instead, is healthier for the franchise long-term speaking.
    That's easy for you to say, you already have them. Some of us didn't or couldn't get in on the previous release.
    Is it really so terrible that they would release another wave allowing people like me who couldn't purchase them originally and sure as hell can't at twice or thrice the price in the aftermarket have another chance?
    Is it also so horrible that they went through the trouble of making this release different to satisfy collectors?
    Frankly, I would love to see a rerelease of the Anime Color Version, I sure as hell can't pay $300+ for it and it is my preferred version.

Blatant exploiting?
    You mean by releasing an additional run of a rare item that clearly has demand by the fanbase or do you mean by putting in the extra work to make the item different enough from the original release to maintain the value of the previous release and the current release in the same market instead of devaluing the previous release by flooding the market with another run?

Yes, you already have the Digivice, you're happy, and you want something new instead.
    Well this release isn't for YOU it's for US, those of us that don't have it, that couldn't get it, that missed it.

Additional releases of the product when demand is still high is good for the franchise, short term and long term.
    It allows more money without new molds, which is good as it means the initial costs for designing the toy can be spread out over multiple runs.
    It allows more fans more opportunities to get the items, which opens more people to getting into the line.
    These two facts combined make the line more profitable and more appealing to the company and allows them to put more into it without worrying, as a result allowing them the freedom to make the line more appealing to fans, creating more profit for the line.
    It is a win, win, for everyone and you want to ruin it because you would rather they focus solely on you?
    You got the D-ark just a few months ago, you have the V-pets just ahead and the Scanner is surely on it's way, you would have gotten nothing in place of this rerelease, why are you intent that everyone else should get nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    What's funny was... in that interview with the 20th V-Pet they said they'd be bringing back some popular products for the 20th and everyone was super happy.

The 15th Anniversary Digivice was one of the most popular Digimon products among fans. People have been asking for it to come back since the moment they stopped taking orders.
    Exactly, there is more then enough demand for it, it is bad business not to meet the demand.
    Having missed the initial release I didn't feel there was any point getting in on the other versions because I would never pay aftermarket prices for the first.
    This allows me to get the first and had I known I would get this chance I likely would have purchased the D-3 and D-ark.
    If they continue this and release extra runs of the following Digivice it gives me another chance to get them without paying aftermarket prices and another sale for them.
    As I said above, it's win all around.
    Quote Originally Posted by CloneWarrior View Post
    C'mon, I would prefer a brand-new truly commemorative toy for the 20 Anniversary,
    ...like the Digital Monster Ver.20th?
    I'm talking about something completely new. The Digital Monster Ver.20th is after all an enhanced version of the original ones.
    Why would they make something completely new? In case you haven't noticed V-pets aren't hugely popular these days. The last time they made a new V-pet was, what?..internet says the Twin, 10 years ago and then the Xross minis 7 years ago, as far as I know it didn't go well.

Quote Originally Posted by Actar View Post
    Oh, come on. They have GOT to be taking the piss out of collectors. The 20th Anniversary Version ALREADY? We're barely done with the 15th! Can they be any more blatant in exploiting the Digimon fans? Seriously? ANOTHER LCD DIGIVICE RELEASE!? (-.-) Urgh... I can't even be bothered to buy them anymore because they're probably going to make another one in a couple of months in anime colors or something, celebrating the 20.1th Anniversary. Mark my words. (-.-)

Honestly, while I'm in absolutely no position to tell you guys what to do with your money, I highly suggest you not buy these. You're just enabling Bandai.

I'm not really angry about the Digivices but it is getting pretty ridiculous, I am actually frustrated because of the 2nd wave of vpets though. I already bought a brown vpet when it was released earlier, putting out wave 2 this early before we even have the brown/grey ones is just cruel. But I'm thinking of buying the gold one anyways and probably reselling the original. I mean it's gold, and I love Kenji Watanabe art so much. They could at least have international shipping or make them a regular item like the retail release of tamagotchis. Notice how the early order bonus artwork for the Vpet encourages you to buy all three new 20th Anniversary Vpets to complete the image of Zubamon all at once! It's crazy! It's like the problem with preorder bonuses from regular videogames but even worse.

If you're not happy with it fine, I can actually understand that but you can just not buy it. I don't think you should be telling people to do with our money.

Also I don't have money to enable bandai cause they already took it all, lmao.
    Last edited by flintlock; 05-02-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    I'm not really angry about the Digivices but it is getting pretty ridiculous, I am actually frustrated because of the 2nd wave of vpets though. I already bought a brown vpet when it was released earlier, putting out wave 2 this early before we even have the brown/grey ones is just cruel. But I'm thinking of buying the gold one anyways and probably reselling the original. I mean it's gold, and I love Kenji Watanabe art so much. They could at least have international shipping or make them a regular item like the retail release of tamagotchis. Notice how the early order bonus artwork for the Vpet encourages you to buy all three new 20th Anniversary Vpets to complete the image of Zubamon all at once! It's crazy! It's like the problem with preorder bonuses from regular videogames but even worse.

If you're not happy with it fine, I can actually understand that but you can just not buy it. I don't think you should be telling people to do with our money.

Also I don't have money to enable bandai cause they already took it all, lmao.
    Judging from the fact that there were 2 runs of the initial release it is possible that the interest was much more then anticipate and that is why we are seeing the 3 new colors.

It makes sense for the mascot of the 20th anniversary to be the predominant figure in the artwork and pulling the three pieces together with him is an extra bonus for collectors who purchase all three.
    His image is complete enough in the main art that you aren't missing much without the other two and minimal enough in the others that it doesn't ruin them without the others.
    Still, it would have been nice if each had individual art but tying them together is good marketing.
    That said... comparing some artwork to game preorders these days is ludicrous, would be more like selling the Digivice without the belt clip or the V-pet without the chain.
    "Yeah we know it's got no buttons, we're still finishing them, we'll send em in the next few months, or maybe we won't, who knows."

If you want to grab a new one, do it, I'm sure the first two will hold value.
    Another option is to just keep the brown one in the box and trade it for a gold down the line.
    I missed the run because I was just uninterested, I became interested exactly 1 day after they went off sale and doubled in price everywhere ....so, money allowing, I intend to get an extra or two so that I can trade. I'm sure I won't be the only one.

If you want to be sure, start a thread in sales, assuming they allow trades and offer it up so someone can order you a gold specifically.

Ain't got no mojo... mbaheganteng's Avatar
    I'm not buying the new 15th as i not a big fan of digivices. i've already got original color 15th and that is enough for me... As for v-pet, i do hope they will get exclusive digimon.. If not? i won't buying it either, cuz i already ordered brown and blue ones... Although , i like those color schemes especially alpha and zuba... Now i really do think that next year will be the year of pendulum 20th hahahahaha

Junior Commander
    Lol, the digivice is still overpriced. And yeah, as I said back then, they want more money for milking adv fans. Can't they just release 15th D scanner already? As I said it's such a lazy marketing. The 15th digivice re-release just isn't worth it for being announced as "NEW" product release for 20th anniv of the franchise, really...
    Last edited by DATS24; 05-02-2017 at 11:18 PM.

I don't think the problem is opening a new wave of pre-orders for a product we've had before, its just that there seems to be little effort to release something new (it doesn't need to be better). I mean, why not release Koshirou's version or Mimi's? That would certainly get more attention, I think. As a fan of replicas, this product in particular doesn't make much sense (and yes, it doesn't need to), but still, why golden/silver details and a crest in the screen? That never happens in the anime.

Sure, its a comemorative version, it can be anything they want to, but it still looks weird for me. Its almost like those awkward imitations that try way to hard to look like the original (maybe I'm exagerating). And yes, I'd prefer of they went ahead and released the Scanner or Jian's D-ark/Green D-ark Complete Selection Animation (just make it happen Bandai!), but I can wait.

After all is said and done, they look nice, and it all comes down to personal preferences. I hope they sell well.

Ain't got no mojo... perignonic's Avatar
    Follow perignonic On Twitter Add perignonic on Facebook Add perignonic on Steam
    my Anime version of the 15th anniversary Digivice is dead, so I'd love to have a new one!

As much as I like the Alphamon and Zubamon colors, I probably won't go for these. I already have my order set for the Original Red Brown and I'm happy with that color, so getting either of those colors aren't a high priority for me at the moment. If I get enough money together, maybe I can pick up another one for a duo, but for now I'll stick with what I got.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast