With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Wave of 20th Anniversary V-Pet Colors... and Updated 15th Digivices!

Oh, come on. They have GOT to be taking the piss out of collectors. The 20th Anniversary Version ALREADY? We're barely done with the 15th! Can they be any more blatant in exploiting the Digimon fans? Seriously? ANOTHER LCD DIGIVICE RELEASE!? (-.-) Urgh... I can't even be bothered to buy them anymore because they're probably going to make another one in a couple of months in anime colors or something, celebrating the 20.1th Anniversary. Mark my words. (-.-)

Honestly, while I'm in absolutely no position to tell you guys what to do with your money, I highly suggest you not buy these. You're just enabling Bandai.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Actar View Post
    Oh, come on. They have GOT to be taking the piss out of collectors. The 20th Anniversary Version ALREADY? We're barely done with the 15th! Can they be any more blatant in exploiting the Digimon fans? Seriously? ANOTHER LCD DIGIVICE RELEASE!? (-.-) Urgh... I can't even be bothered to buy them anymore because they're probably going to make another one in a couple of months in anime colors or something, celebrating the 20.1th Anniversary. Mark my words. (-.-)

Honestly, while I'm in absolutely no position to tell you guys what to do with your money, I highly suggest you not buy these. You're just enabling Bandai.
    We're supporting our fandom...if these don't sell, they may not make more. The Digimon fandom is rather niche.

I agree..but on the good side, those who missed out on the Ver. 15th has a 2nd chance and its more than a Pleasant surprise for them! I hope they' ll remake the anime version too. If only the price was the same as the vpets at 3700 Yen...thatll be soo dope.

Completely digital Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter

Not even a 20th version, it's going to be basically almost the same as the 15th, with a few new additions (I don't really expect quite a lot, unless this one also covers tri., which I highly doubt) and a slightly different cover...I want to support Digimon, but I agree with you. I honestly think that buying, for example, products like the DM ver.20th or Hacker's Memory instead, is healthier for the franchise long-term speaking.

Ain't got no mojo...
    I'm not going to lie. Being a collector, to see a slightly revamped/improved Digivice leaves a slightly sour taste in my mouth. The "special' third versions like the anime ver and the Paildramon coloured D-3 was justifiable in my books but this, not so much. I'm all for re-releasing the 15th Anniversary ones for those who missed out.

I do hope that the 3 new V-pets do not have Digimon exclusive to these three which would not be obtainable in the brown and grey one. Or worse, different colour exclusives.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Follow wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Of the wave 2 v-pets I think the Alphamon version has the nicest colour scheme, at least from the renderings. Zubamon's looks much better in the photo but I'm not really feeling the Omegamon version. I already have an Original Red Brown on order so I don't care enough to get any of these

The not-really-new Adventure Digivices look nice, and the bonus dark evolutions are are neat bonus. I love the crest design in the background. But I already paid through the nose for the Anime Original colour version so, at least for now, I don't feel like I need another one.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Of the wave 2 v-pets I think the Alphamon version has the nicest colour scheme, at least from the renderings. Zubamon's looks much better in the photo but I'm not really feeling the Omegamon version. I already have an Original Red Brown on order so I don't care enough to get any of these

The not-really-new Adventure Digivices look nice, and the bonus dark evolutions are are neat bonus. I love the crest design in the background. But I already paid through the nose for the Anime Original colour version so, at least for now, I don't feel like I need another one.
    Is it just me, or the Omegamon Ver. Looks like it can glow in the dark? I was expecting it will look Solid Silver like the one from the picture (which reminds me of Gundams).

I come from the net CloneWarrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    C'mon, I would prefer a brand-new truly commemorative toy for the 20 Anniversary,
    ...like the Digital Monster Ver.20th?

Lotta hate for the announced new editions of the ver.15th Digivices.

Quote Originally Posted by CloneWarrior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    C'mon, I would prefer a brand-new truly commemorative toy for the 20 Anniversary,
    ...like the Digital Monster Ver.20th?
    What's funny was... in that interview with the 20th V-Pet they said they'd be bringing back some popular products for the 20th and everyone was super happy.

The 15th Anniversary Digivice was one of the most popular Digimon products among fans. People have been asking for it to come back since the moment they stopped taking orders.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast