With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Contest- Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 UK Blu-ray and DVD

Contest- Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 UK Blu-ray and DVD

It's time for a contest! Wait... didn't I do this yesterday?

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Yes... yes I did, but with a fun difference this time! With the upcoming release of Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 Reunion on home video in the UK we have a contest to those of you on the other side of the Atlantic!

Two different prizes this time:
    a copy of Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 Reunion on Blu-ray (Collector's Edition)
    a copy of Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 Reunion on DVD

For a bit of fun, there will be two different ways to enter: (and yep, these are the same ways as the USA contest!)

Method 1- What are your feelings having tri. go back to the beginnings of the franchise in it's animated form? Maybe you had a connection to the original show. Or maybe somehow you tripped into tri. and that's how you got introduced to the franchise. Basically, just writeup your feelings on tri. Maybe actors coming back means something to you personally, whatever you can come up with as long as it involves with tri. in general, or part 1 in particular (please keep them related to tri. in general or part 1 though. This isn't a contest for later parts of tri.) Make it as short or as long as you want.

and/or

Method 2- Draw (or do something artsy) something related to Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1. Excited to see Adventure coming back with Omegamon, or Alphamon being used? Maybe you are glad to see Tentomon back! Happy to see more of Mimi? Draw (or make) whatever comes to mind. As long as it uses characters featured in tri. Part 1 you're good.

You can enter either way, or both if you are feeling inspired. The winners will be chosen from a combined pool of both types of entries. The first winner can choose between the Blu-ray or DVD if they have a preference. The second winner will get the other version of the release.

The judge this time will be.... me. You can post your entry in this thread, PM me using our forum's internal PM system, send your entry to @WithTheWill on Twitter (be careful doing the writing contest on Twitter... it'll be really short), or email me your entry to godofchaos@gmail.com (put WtW Contest UK in the subject for email entries for clarity.)

I won't be judging on any particular detail (or even necessarily on the quality of art or writing), just do your best. If it catches my attention you might have an advantage, but I'll be pouring over each and every entry.

The contest will end midnight on Sunday May 21st (so right as it becomes the 22nd.)

You don't have to send any personal information with your entry. If you win Manga UK will need your contact/shipping information to get you your prize.

Your entry might be shared on WtW and social media sites by us and Manga UK.

These contests are only open to people who live in the UK and Ireland.

Blu-ray Collector's Edition and DVD courtesy of Manga UK (Manga Entertainment Ltd.)

Get your entries in, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur's Xbox Live Profile
    I'm just glad Digimon is back, though I'm not happy it took years for the first part to be dubbed. I do quite enjoy the cast of Adventure but any Digimon is fine with me really. I actually enjoy the games more. I've seen parts 1-3 subbed (if it were any bar the cast of Adventure I wouldn't have done so) and enjoyed all three but seeing the little clips they're posting of the dub version is oh so wonderful, the nostlagia is quite the something. Plus, at least I can see the dub names I'm used to for 20 years... such as Omnimon. I really do hope they use that name in Tri, is there confirmation on which name we got? whatever the matter - getting dubbed Digimon is great, just a shame we did not get Fusion season 3. Speaking of Tentomon, he wasn't my favourite going into Tri, that was Agumon but with Tento's actions in the other movies he's moved high up the rankings. I mean MetalGreymon is still #1 for me but personality wise, our good ole little bug is #1. Although the main thing I liked about part one... was how cute Mimi has become. She is quite the waifu now. Lilymon was always a cutie too, so they have quite the double team now, yay~!

Because I was asked, staff obviously are not eligible to enter (I believe we have one or two staff members in those countries regardless.)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Steam Follow Vande on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Because I was asked, staff obviously are not eligible to enter (I believe we have one or two staff members in those countries regardless.)
    Vande makes a sad face. I better get my wallet out and go pre-order it now!

Make sure your entries are good guys. It is not often that we get stuff for UK people on the site!

Ain't got no mojo... stephen_patamon's Avatar
    Follow stephen_patamon On Twitter Add stephen_patamon on Steam
    I plan to draw one of these for each of the digimon partners in Tri and then put them together for my final entry into the contest, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to submit one on its own just in case I end up missing the deadline. So here you go! My drawing of Agumon from Digimon Adventure Tri, Sleepy Dino Edition.
    Last edited by stephen_patamon; 05-14-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Visit Tsurugi's Youtube Channel
    I'm working on an art piece myself, I'll be sure to have it up before the end of the week.

Hmm...when I first learned about Tri, I was instantly reminded of "Battle of Gods" and "Resurrection F" which filled me with dread as I learned that sometimes it's better to leave your favourite series in the past. But nevertheless, despite the mixed reactions I hear, I am filled with hope that Tri will be good. I certainly feel there is potential story to tell with the Adventure kids as they approach adulthood.

As for voice actors, yeah I really do appreciate the ENG VAs for giving up their time to come back. I'll certainly be checking out the ENG dub first for nostalgia reasons, which is a first for me. It's a bit cheesy, but it is something special when you hear familiar voices coming out of a character's mouth. That said I am not against the replacements and I hope they do a good job as well.

Sorry it's not a lot, but it's surprisingly difficult to form nostalgia into words.

Visit Tsurugi's Youtube Channel
    Here's my finished piece via Tumblr link:
    http://kudotsurugi.tumblr.com/image/160728392791

I decided to make a piece featuring Tai as he looks in both Tri and the original series.

As soon as I saw the initial announcement for Tri, I was excited, but it was when I first got a look at the trailer showing the characters that hit me. And as silly as it probably sounds, it felt really good to see Tai with his goggles back, they were that one major thing I associated with his character as a kid, like Ash and his red hat. It felt like wearing an old glove.

And the fact that a majority of the old cast are coming back for the dub makes it all the better. I can't wait to see how they tackle the dub, and I'm interested in seeing how the new cast handle their roles.
    Last edited by Tsurugi; 05-16-2017 at 05:53 AM.