With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon 2162 (RP)

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Add MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt

Digimon 2162 (RP)

(ambient music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8ELH4jxPl8)

In the Year 2012 NASA picked up on massive activities in Cosmic radiation on the Suns surface and before we even know a solar flare was heading our way.
    The Elite of our scientists worked day and night for solutions, but it was already to late.
    The solar flare had arrived and with it came a world wide EMP, frying all electronics around the globe.
    Communication and Technology was lost, society fell into war and riots.

What we didnīt realize was that this EMP not only affected us but also another world, a world compromised of Data, a mirror reflection of Mankinds own technology.
    Naturally the Event that caused the destruction of our tech caused in that other world huge distortions.
    First only a couple of the creature from the other world leaked over and soon the land changed too. both worlds began to overlap,
    within two years the distortions reached itīs climax and our world and their world became one.

it was like mankind has been thrown back into Stoneage.

That was 150 years ago.
    Mankind has recovered from this ordeal, even though the world never gonna be the same again.
    Those Digital Monster still roam the world and human civilization only exists in small numbers in
    secluded save citys.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

--Neo Chicago/File Forest Outskirts--

The City of Neo Chicago is one of those save citys.
    One of the last save citys of the former USA, or as the monsters claim Folder Continent.
    The few hundred sole survivors of the former North states have gathered here, working hand in hand.

You have been selected for a scouting mission into an unknown part of File Forest,
    scans show that this area shoud still hold some important resources like Titanium and Aluminium.
    You gather your gear and make your way to the Garage, the spot where you are supposed to gather.
    upon your arrival you see Charlie, the Chief of defense for Neo Chicago, he was asigned to lead your team on the scouting mission, funded by a high society member.

"your okay with coming with us on the field Mr. Owens, it can be a bit rough out there"
    Charlie said while facing Reginald.
    "well anyway seems like our team is arriving aswell"

"Yo Sarah, Jeb"
    the Chief nods to you "iīm sorry to get you into this, but you know we are running low on people" Charlie points at the dog tags he is wearing on his necklace.
    he turns to Sarah "i know itīs your first real tour into the danger zone, so donīt get cocky kay?" he then turns to Jeb "i hope your experience in the field will be of use, just say a word if you notice any of the monsters"
    Charlie heads to the Jeep "get ready then we head out" and takes the drivers seat.

"Hey there" you turn around to see another familiar face, itīs George heading out of the garage building "Good luck out there, it should be a breeze" he pats Sarah on the head "donīt forget what i teached you, you donīt wanna embarace me right kiddo?"
    "and donīt get killed either Jeb, canīt drink those beers alone, we loners must hold together right?"
    Last edited by MasterOfTartarus; 04-29-2017 at 05:10 AM.

Completely digital Lord Archfiend Kliff's Avatar
    Sarah fixed her cap, she wasn't too keep on venturing into the wild but she knew it had to be done, plus of course they would pick her, she's good at her job, if anything it's a compliment.

"Yeah, I won't let you down, what's the worst that could happen?", she says as she grips her pistol lightly, "Let's hope it doesn't come around to this..."

As she glances around, she finds her new boss, a fancy guy called "Reginald", she waves around still with gun in hand.

"Woo-ooooh! Mister Regi! Here! Let's get going!" She shouts, nudging Jeb in the arm to hurry him up.
    Last edited by Lord Archfiend Kliff; 04-29-2017 at 06:21 AM.

Greece (A.K.A The place with old, boring, historical stuff which is bankrupt now)
    Add Anna___ on DeviantArt
    Reginald waved his hand around with a small smile on his face.

"Nonsense, Chief. I trust that you and your team will be able to handle whatever comes our way. After all, you are some of the best in your fields, no?"

He slightly cringed at that nickname. Then he slowly turned towards the direction the sound came from. There he spotted the petite girl that was calling out to him. She looked very young. Should she even be here in the first place?

"Yes, I'm coming, dear. No need to get all worked up." he assured her.

When he reached her, he gently grabbed her gun-holding hand and pointed it downwards.

"You shouldn't wave that around. We don't want to accidentally hurt someone now, do we?" he reprimanded, flashing her a concerned smile. Gun-safety was always a must when handling them, in Reginald's mind.

He approached the imposing jeep and took the passenger's seat, next to Charlie. He turned towards the back of the car, facing his fellow passengers.

"Hello! I suppose you might know me. I am Sir Reginald D. Owens II, the one who funded this mission. You may call me Mr. Owens or simply Reginald. I am delighted to be working with you!" he said and directed a little bow at them.

"What might your names be? Your specialties?" he happily inquired.

Jeb smirks at George. "What, are you trying to jinx me? It's just a little scouting." Trying to reassure himself, too. He was expecting to be spending a calm day closer to his gardens, not out in no-man's land where even he hadn't surveyed. The commotion brings him back to the moment. "Guess I should get going. If I do die, you'll have to pour one out for me." He raises his hand in a slight wave and starts toward the vehicle.

He scans the room to see who all has gathered. Just himself, Charlie, Georgie's apprentice, and...some dandy? Short on bodies, indeed. He takes a seat on the left and places his shotgun across his lap.

So this rich guy wanted the mission? So that's why Chuck is doing this.
    Amused by Owens' fancy introduction, Jeb replies, "Name's Jeb. I'm a farmer. What's your specialty?"
    Cropped Digimon artwork and recolors/edits based on other official sources. Go ahead and use them for charts or whatever.
    http://s141.photobucket.com/user/smo...icharts/digisp

Sarah got her gun down and blanked for a moment, yup, she should have not waved a gun around.

"OH! Yeah, it's locked... but you got a point there boss."

She already embarrassed herself in front of her overseer, guess she'll never move up in the world now. She was deep in thought with ideals of what misery she brought on herself when Reginald asked her a question, she popped her head back and starred blankly.

"Oh, I'm Sarah, or Rey, call me whatever you like, your the boss, I'm the mechanic and I can handle a gun myself quite well, not that I hope I will need this though." She says once again pointing the gun upwards.

Greece (A.K.A The place with old, boring, historical stuff which is bankrupt now)
    Add Anna___ on DeviantArt
    "Very nice to meet both of you, Mr. Jeb, Miss Rey." he says with a smile and acknowledging each of them with a nod.

"Aha, Mr. Jeb I suppose you could say my specialty is conducting business." he quipped and giving a small laugh.

Going of Sarah's not wanting to use her gun, Reginald continued in a concerned tone "Speaking about weapons... Chief, I trust in your expertise but I have heard some slightly concerning rumors... About some Monsters unlike your standard, run-of-the-mill ones. What I am trying to say is-" he sighed and his expression became serious.

"- Do you have the tools to exterminate a high-level threat?" he asked.

"Because I don't reckon my rapier would do." he joked and pointed towards the weapon's sheath, trying to lighten the mood he himself inflicted.

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Add MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    Charlie turns to Reginald and simply holds up his M16 "if this canīt handle it you better run to the Jeep, but if you really are concerned i still got a grenade with me"
    he then turns to the others "in any case letīs donīt get their attention, stay close together and stay out of their sight, capiche?"

Charlie turns on the engine of the Jeep and slowly drives to Gate A, they pass a security guy who opens the shuter.
    The engine roars as you start driving over the sand.

(ambient music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiZHnV1K0Z4)

It is a nice day the sun shines brightly over the sand and lake michigans water sparkles like a dozen crystals,
    as you drive over the plains you come across some small digimon groups that instantly flee from the sound of the jeep, a swarm of Poromon quickly flys away and a lone Frimon hurrys to get behind a rock.
    After about half an hour you start seeing the Forest, slowly the Jeep gets slower as Charlie drives over to one of the bigger trees.
    You come to a full stop directly under the shadow of the big tree.

"Break is over, letīs get moving" he throws to 2 magazine to Sarah, each holding 7 rounds. he throws 1 magazine to Reginald holding 15 rounds and hands Jeb 10 shotgun slugs.
    "only shoot if itīs an emergency" Charlie opens the door and getīs out of the Jeep, he slowly approaches the Forest.
    He gives you a handsign to follow him and you start venturing into the Forest.

While walking through the bushes you hear some distant roars and shrieks, but nothing alarming as of yet.
    you walk for about 3 miles before the chief gives you a handsign to stop. "we are now entering the target area, scout around but donīt let your guard down"
    you can now see a clearing before you, on the clearing there are several ruins, you canīt say for sure if they are human or digimon but nonetheless they should hold the materials you are searching for.
    "i leave it up to you where you want to seach" he points at an area with a couple broken walls with some bushes, a left over stone cabin and an underground leading passageway.
    Charlie starts climbing a tree "iīll secure the area while you search, if trouble is on the way iīll make an owl sound, make sure to get behind cover in that scenario"
    Last edited by MasterOfTartarus; 05-01-2017 at 02:02 PM.

"I once got spooked by a big owl. Wearin' thick red goggles, if you can believe it. Hope we don't hear one of those around here," Jeb casually recounts.

He gazes back in the direction of the city, wondering if anyone else was coming along. Not exactly an elite team Chuck had chosen. Before the others start to move out, Jeb reminds them, "Charlie warned us to stick together, so let's take this one thing at a time."

After some consideration, he declares, "The buildings are dangerous. Charlie can't see into there. We should just poke around outside for now. Then if anything comes out we can hightail it back into the trees." In Jeb's experience, if Digimon were guarding a structure, they wouldn't give chase very far from it.

Sarah took this trip as an opportunity to finally look at one of these mighty beasts, and they were all so cute... what was all the fuss about? She could just hug all of them!

When they pull over the sight of the forest shook her a bit, yup, this was it, she gripped her gun a bit harder and clumsily and quickly loaded her gun and kept the other handy, just in case, just in case.

"I don't know Jeb, I think the cabin would be the best place to search, if it's empty we could set up camp there if we end up staying much longer, and if it's of human origin it might have a map or something... Mister Reginald? Your the boss, what you think? Plus we can just open the door and look for a bit..."

She then wondered a bit about the area was there any background to it or something else regard it's history.

"Jeb, your explored right? What does this area tell you? Ever been around here?... Am I being bossy?" She said while a bit embarrassed due to being carried away by excitement.

OOC: I posted without seeing Exodd's post. Sorry I had to edit!
    Last edited by Lord Archfiend Kliff; 04-30-2017 at 07:08 PM.

Noticing Sarah's doubt, Jeb says "Don't worry about it." He scans around again. "Place looks like some sorta' safe house." Probably wasn't safe anymore. Jeb shrugs the gun from his shoulder. "And no, I haven't been out this way. My farm's on the other side of the city."

He focuses towards the house, watching for any movement. "You've got a point about the cabin. If the place is empty...Then again, if they aren't out here already, they may just be the type to hide like those little ones in the field."

Jeb glances at Owens, waiting to see his response. "I'm guessin' you want to go inside, too. Right?"

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast