With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contest- Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 Blu-ray Prize Packages, Plus an Exclusive Clip

Contest- Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 Blu-ray Prize Packages, Plus an Exclusive Clip

It's time for a contest!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

With the upcoming release of Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 Reunion on home video in the USA we have some very nice prize packages for a few fans.

Two different people will win a prize package consisting of:
    a copy of the Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 Reunion Blu-ray Combo Pack (contains the Blu-ray, DVD, and a code for a DRM-free digital copy)
    the Collectible Lithograph of the cover art to tri. Part 1 Reunion.
    3 Digimon Domez Collectible Mini Figures

For a bit of fun, there will be two different ways to enter:

Method 1- What are your feelings having tri. go back to the beginnings of the franchise in it's animated form? Maybe you had a connection to the original show. Or maybe somehow you tripped into tri. and that's how you got introduced to the franchise. Basically, just writeup your feelings on tri. Maybe actors coming back means something to you personally, whatever you can come up with as long as it involves with tri. in general, or part 1 in particular (please keep them related to tri. in general or part 1 though. This isn't a contest for later parts of tri.) Make it as short or as long as you want.

and/or

Method 2- Draw (or do something artsy) something related to Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1. Excited to see Adventure coming back with Omegamon, or Alphamon being used? Maybe you are glad to see Tentomon back! Happy to see more of Mimi? Draw (or make) whatever comes to mind. As long as it uses characters featured in tri. Part 1 you're good.

You can enter either way, or both if you are feeling inspired. The winners will be chosen from a combined pool of both types of entries.

The judge this time will be.... me. You can post your entry in this thread, PM me using our forum's internal PM system, send your entry to @WithTheWill on Twitter (be careful doing the writing contest on Twitter... it'll be really short), or email me your entry to godofchaos@gmail.com (put WtW Contest in the subject for email entries for clarity.)

I won't be judging on any particular detail (or even necessarily on the quality of art or writing), just do your best. If it catches my attention you might have an advantage, but I'll be pouring over each and every entry.

The contest will end midnight on Sunday May 7th (so right as it becomes the 8th.)

You don't have to send any personal information with your entry. If you win Shout! Factory will need your contact/shipping information to get you your prize package.

Your entry might be shared on WtW and social media sites by us, Shout! Factory, and Zag Toys.

These contests are only open to people who live in the USA.

Blu-ray combo pack and lithograph courtesy of Shout! Factory, Digimon Domez collectible toy courtesy of Zag Toys.

Also...

Shout's given us a clip for us to premiere that hasn't shown up elsewhere yet!

It's the TV spot for the part 1 release!

Thanks to Shout for the clip.

Get your entries in, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I'm going to be back with some more CG work myself!

I don't think this counts, as I've done it months ago (and it focuses on part 3 instead of part 1), but here's something of what to expect from me:

Last edited by AmEv7Fam; 04-27-2017 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmEv7Fam View Post
    I'm going to be back with some more CG work myself!
    That's exactly why I qualified that it didn't 'have' to be a drawing. I know more than a few of you guys do CG stuff, image editing, cosplay, crafts, etc.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo... Zekkaina Solo's Avatar
    AmEv7Fam -- I can't wait to see what you come up with: This is so cute! ^_^

I wonder if I want to try getting my patterns drafted in time ... *ponders*

Looking forward to seeing everyone's entries.
    Digimon fangirl (especially of Tamers and Tri) ~ Projects in the works: Sora (Digimon Tri) cosplay, Meicoomon plushie.
    "Koji was right. I didnít know why I was here. But I do now." Happy 15th, Digimon Frontier! April 7, 2002

Looking forward to what you do, too, Zekkaina!

Ain't got no mojo... MidoriHime's Avatar
    Follow MidoriHime On Twitter
    Shame its America only but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's entries! Good luck~

Because I was asked, staff obviously are not eligible to enter.

For me, Digimon is one of many things that has defined who I have become. Aside from the external signs, such as naming my many computers after various digimon (Guil, Phoenix, Beta, Reco, etc.), it's helped shape how I view life.

It's helped me be more culturally-sensitive. US of A is not the center of the world. While not Japanese, one of my favorite foods is a family recipe of Hmong egg rolls. (No, Marc, I won't try using them as a bribe, despite how amazing they are.)

It's helped me come out of my comfort zone. I used to be a socially-awkward, non-conversationalist who had no idea where life was taking him. I still am, to a point, but I don't let it stop me from achieving my goals. (This might have helped fuel my desire to voice Offmon and line if Appmon ever gets dubbed.)

I've also learned that being a friend does not mean you pander to each other's ways. Even in marriages, there will always be disagreements. What defines the best friendships is being able to work together to achieve a common goal.

For me, that is one of the common focuses of Digimon as a whole: friendship. I saw through most of Digimon, Adventure through Tamers as a kid, before we moved back in March/April of 2003. Seeing Tai and Matt grow together, setting aside their differences to save the world? Seeing Ken realize that he was actually hurting what was his best friend? Seeing Rika realize that other people are not a hindrance, and may actually want the best for yo? Seeing Takato realize that anger only makes bigger problems? These are some of the reasons I love the franchise, even if it can get a little clichŤ sometimes.

As for Tri coming out, I was excited. The art felt like a natural progression of style, and all the characters were naturally identifiable. One thing that stood out to me is how Matt and Tai started to butt heads almost immediately. One would think that it wouldn't happen, that they would have already their differences set aside. Speaking from experience, there is somebody I have met that I just could not get along with. While I wouldn't be surprised if he'd offer to save my life, and I wouldn't decline, he is not somebody I would particularly want to be cooped up with, as is what happened to Matt and Tai.

To be honest, there was a 10 year gap when I didn't really think about Digimon, mostly due to the move, nobody talked about it to where I moved to (due to it not being broadcasted to where we moved to; we didn't have Fox at the time) ,and not knowing Digimon merchandise was a thing. (Whaddaya know, a merchandise-driven show, and I didn't know of any merch.) It was in fall of 2013, when Netflix had, in their "newly added" section, Digimon, seasons 1 and 2. At that time, it was just "a show I remember liking", but it only snowballed my life from there.

Looking back, the Digimon dub isn't the best dubbing work out there. The theme music is memorable, but admittedly repetitive. Some jokes were badly inserted, but some of the best ones I still vividly remember from my childhood.

Machinedramon: "And now, I will destroy you."
    Koromon: "I think not."
    M: -_^
    K: "When I was Wargreymon, I sliced you like an onion!"
    M: o_o
    M: 0.0
    M: x_x

After hard work, here is my art submission:

And, yes, it is intended to be a direct reference to The Movie.
    Last edited by AmEv7Fam; 05-06-2017 at 05:26 PM.

Ain't got no mojo... Zekkaina Solo's Avatar
    @EmEv7Fam - Aw, it turned out so nice! I love group shots. =)

Okay, here's my entry for #1:

In 2012, my brother and I began re-watching seasons 1-4 of Digimon. Besides being great "sibling bonding" time, now that I was older, coming back to Digimon gave me a new appreciation for the anime. Having reawakened my love for the series, I immediately meshed Digimon with my newest interest: cosplay. During my re-watch, I fell in love with Digimon Tamers, so I sewed my own Calumon and Jeri Kato costume --I also was overly enthusiastic about finally collecting Digimon merch and grossly overspent on a (what turned out to be a bootleg) D-Arc to complete my costume. I was sorely disappointed to discover no one at the little convention I went to was able to recognize who I was.

Fast forward to Digimon Adventure Tri. My brother and I eagerly streamed part 1, Reunion, online: For the first time watching Digimon in Japanese first, rather than after seeing the English dub. Seeing how the characters I cared about for years mature and struggle with that transition to adulthood is something that I appreciated as a young adult myself. On a slightly less significant note, as a cosplayer, I also was thrilled to see several outfit changes for all the characters. I had already been working on a mock up/test for the school uniform of my favorite character, Kari, but after seeing the film, I decided I'd want to make all of her outfits!

When the USA theater release for Reunion was announced, I knew I had to cosplay and hurried to finish my costume. I didn't have the funds to commission or purchase a Gatomon plush, so I attempted to make my own. I was still sewing her eyes and markings on as I waited for the film to start! However, I was excited to finally meet with Digimon fans (who weren't my brother, LOL). Though the theater was only half full, we were all immersed back to our childhoods when Agumon and Tai were reunited on-screen thanks to returning voice actors Tom Fahn and Joshua Seth. And so the "reunions" continued! The nostalgia was real --even though some there were some new voices. Even missing Laura Jill Miller as Kari wasn't enough to stop it. It left me wanting more: as each film is released, I look forward to seeing which DigiDestined we get to see in a new light, see how they're growing, see how the past six years have shaped them.

Overall, I had a wonderful time --and people recognized my cosplay! There were also other DigiFans cosplaying: A cute couple Adventure crossplay with the girl as TK and the guy as Kari, a Tri Matt, and me with Tri Kari. We had some interesting discussions and theorizing afterward. The whole experience inspired me to start a Digimon Facebook Group for fans in my area: We're small, but hope to organize meetups and cosplay groups at local conventions.
    Last edited by Zekkaina Solo; 05-07-2017 at 09:20 PM.
    Digimon fangirl (especially of Tamers and Tri) ~ Projects in the works: Sora (Digimon Tri) cosplay, Meicoomon plushie.
    "Koji was right. I didnít know why I was here. But I do now." Happy 15th, Digimon Frontier! April 7, 2002

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast