With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: tri. Part 5 Website Update- Teaser Text, Character Relationship and Evo Charts

Ain't got no mojo... NekaBudala's Avatar
    I am calling that whatever approaches to Kari it will tell her about all the missing kids in the world so she will go into rampage...Knife of Days Which song fits perfectly as ending song with this storyline

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by NekaBudala View Post
    I am calling that whatever approaches to Kari it will tell her about all the missing kids in the world so she will go into rampage...Knife of Days Which song fits perfectly as ending song with this storyline
    Actually, I really doubt she will go ino rampage. Even the synopsis mentions that she is delicate and pure.

In any case, it seems more likely that Homeostasis will go into rampage to destroy Meicoomon.
    Last edited by Kon; 04-28-2017 at 05:49 AM.

I'm a Maniac
    Why they are calling the dark gennai mysterious man? Isn't it in stark contrast to what hackman told Nishijima about Gennai siding with the dark side? Now they tell us he can be different from Gennai. So where the hell is the real Gennai? It's very strange that even Homeostasis think that black man is Gennai and suddenly, we are faced with a question about if these are different characters.
    The plot is very similar to that of confession. Meicoomon comes and causes a universe to change dramatically. Digital world was rebooted and now the real world will be destroyed. I will continue watching tri because it's a sequel to the first digimon series. But I'm sure nothing amazing will happen in part five. The summary was boring and without any innovation. The only reason I continue watching it is it's digimon.

Add KaenKazui on Google+ Follow KaenKazui on DeviantArt
    I am starting to wonder. What exactly did they accomplish storywise with the reboot?
    The Digimon basically still act the same and almost instantly were friends with their respective partners again (except Piyomon). Apparently the kids, recovering their Digimon, also do not get stuck in the digital world again. And it also did not slow the infection in any way, it seems. So... Why bring in that plot device either way? I mean, yeah, now they have Bakumon back again and gave so far Maki a reason to work with Yggdrasil... But really, storywise it seems so cheap so far. It could really have been an interesting story point, but from what we see so far, it is just badly handled.
    Also: Suddenly people properly remember Digimon again? Color me surprised.
    Really. I have given up on tri. by now. I do not think it will have a satisfying ending.

Quote Originally Posted by KaenKazui View Post
    I am starting to wonder. What exactly did they accomplish storywise with the reboot?
    The Digimon basically still act the same and almost instantly were friends with their respective partners again (except Piyomon). Apparently the kids, recovering their Digimon, also do not get stuck in the digital world again. And it also did not slow the infection in any way, it seems. So... Why bring in that plot device either way? I mean, yeah, now they have Bakumon back again and gave so far Maki a reason to work with Yggdrasil... But really, storywise it seems so cheap so far. It could really have been an interesting story point, but from what we see so far, it is just badly handled.
    Also: Suddenly people properly remember Digimon again? Color me surprised.
    Really. I have given up on tri. by now. I do not think it will have a satisfying ending.
    I agree and disagree. The real world was not rebooted, so it is natural that people remember the whole Vandemon and Dark Masters on the sky theme or the mass light from the Digivices from the kids all around the world during battle with BelialVandemon. It happened just a few years ago.

About the reboot itself, I think they wanted to point out that a single backup won't be enough to solve all of the problems. We used to think that a reboot or a clean copy/backup is enough to solve all of the infections, errors and other issues, and the kids thought the same. Yeah, they will lose all the bonds with the Digimons, but overall the world will be saved, and that's ok. But as we can see it is not. Either the infection was rooted in the copy of the Digital World before it did a backup of itself, or the infection is beyond anything, and a simple restart won't be enough.
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

Add KaenKazui on Google+ Follow KaenKazui on DeviantArt
    I am more talking on how they mostly ignore how prevalent the entire "Digimon appear over christmas" stuff in 02 was and how tri. basically has ignored it so far. I mean, I found it hard to swallow in 02, that most people did not seem to remember much of what happened, apart from a couple of plot important characters. But by now in tri. I find it even harder to believe, how little the real world seems prepared and understanding of what is going on. Especially considering that technically 02 ended officially by saying that more and more people got Digimon partners. Sure, we have no point of reference (considering that the Haru 2003 Drama is probably non canon) what time frame was to be considered, but one should think... There is a bit more talk about this kind of stuff by the point tri. takes place.

And I mostly hate the entire "memory wipe" about the reboot and the "we need to travel to the digital world to get our partners back".
    It would have been okay, if the memory wipe significantly changed the way the humans and their partners interacted or maybe hindered the evolution for a while. But it didn't. So why even have the Digimon not make it in time to be safe from the reboot? Why do all that drama, if it doesn't change anything?
    It would have been okay, if the children were stuck in the digital world or there was something significant happening in the digital world, that could not have happened in the real world, or maybe if it was used to seperate them from Meiko. But nope, Meiko gets deus-ex-machina-ed into the digital world without explaination. From the looks of it they will also get back to the real world then rather quickly in some way. And nothing that happened in Part 4 could not have happened in the real world. Heck, I would have been fine with it, if they maybe made a point out of the characters meeting up with old Digimon friends again (like Ogremon, Andromon, Picollomon and whoever), but nope, that also did not happen. Only Elecmon made a brief cameo.

There are just so many things happening in tri. that rather seem to hinder the plot from moving along, rather then serving the plot. Sure, maybe we'll get some explainations at least for some stuff (like all the deus-ex-machina-ing going on), but by now I just cannot help but expect to have those explainations rushed, if we get them at all. As so far the movies have not given me the impression to be planned out and build up to anything much. It rather feels like they are somehow trying to fill up the space between the expensive set piece fights with needless and cheap fanpandering (shipbaiting, more of what they now that fans like and so on).

Sure, maybe the last two movies will blow my mind... But while I really tried to stay positive till part 3, part 4 really made me loose any hope for these series to turn around plot wise and actually reveal a good constructed mystery. Rather I would expect a lot of last minute exposition and then some last big set piece and - well - more shipbaiting I guess. :/

So in general the text seems to confirm that things will indeed be happening in part 5...
    I'm perhaps more optimistic about this part than I should be after the general disappointment that was part 4 but I have to admit, there are many parts that sound entertaining. But in my opinion it's still important to be cautious since just how many times had those teaser texts featured descriptions of events that sounded all grand and dramatic but when the actual tri part came rolling around said events turned out to be unintentionally comedic at best?
    It really looks like they will finally go for the "extremist homeostasis" angle, something I have been awaiting for quite some time, and it also seems that Meiko's dad might finally do something that impacts the story.

But let's talk about that information chart first... not that much new information of course but the biggest hint has to be alphamon squarely placed in Yggdrasil's camp. I prefer this over the previous speculations of him being some kind of third party with his own agenda because with everything going on I doubt tri would have the time to elaborate on his character without it being rushed, so having him as some potential final boss, stand-in for Yggdrasil or whatever seems a more sensible choice.

Some of the arrows seem rather vague, probably intentionally so since in case of the ones going between groups it's hard to tell just how universally the information applies to all members of the group. Let's take the "united front" arrow between the homeostasis group and the chosen children group... note that the statement cannot apply to the entire upper group because none of the chosen ever "formed a united front" with hackmon since they never interacted. Of course that sheds doubt on what it means for the other characters as well. It could mean that the homeostasis is not on their side anymore or it could only be talking about Gennai, who (as another arrow points out) could still be same as the mystery man. I guess we'll see. (Also I'm kind of annoyed that Meicoomon's evolution page skips over her non-meicrackmon infected form, I'd really like to know its official name...)

Some other parts of the summary also caught my eye; The "Digimon who has been been waiting for this time" just has to be Alphamon he has been gone from the story for way too long already so it's about time (and maybe him "waiting" is supposed to justify his earlier absence).
    And yeah there's the whole "something vague will totally happen to Hikari" part which was obvious from begin with, and I'll say it will probably involve the homeostasis since that would tie everything together nicely. So I'm looking forward to that although "dramatic things happening to a character" is only half the equation. The other half is if those dramatic things in question actually end up having any kind of lasting impact on the character and unfortunately tri has a history of building up lots and lots of character drama only to have the actual development awkwardly fizzle out at the end. One just has to look at the mess that was Takeru's "arc" in which he struggled with Patamon's infection throughout part 3 (which was entertaining to watch) but then the entire infection issue was solved by the reboot without involving Takeru at all which in turn eliminated any need for his character to progress in any significant way; So in the first ten or so minutes of part 4 he simply goes back from meltdown mode to non-dramatic mode as if someone just flipped his drama switch and almost nothing was accomplished character wise, everything just was fine again.
    With Hikari no doubt getting into a similar position with Falldown Mode I hope that this time they'll manage to resolve the situation meaningfully, something that pushes Hikari to do something actually new for her. Maybe she could get over her emotions and reason things out with the homeostasis, maybe she'll have to face Tailmon's hidden depths (if they even still exist), maybe her light powers will prove powerful enough to overwhelm the homeostasis in the end, there's lots of options.

The other new thing in the text is the chosen children being fugitives now, which sounds interesting until you actually think about it. I mean "people are chasing them"? What people? And how? It can't really be the military since Nishijima is still on his post and the agents seem competent enough not to mistake the kids they have probably been monitoring for years for the bad guys. Not to mention that even their specialized anti-digimon weaponry could put a scratch on Orgemon so they wouldn't even be a threat if they were serious. So what other people are left? Normal mortals? Since the kids are together with their partners those should pose the same kind of obstacle as a bunch of agitated squirrels. All they need to do is evolve any of their partners past child level and anyone who's chasing them should shit themselves and run away. Sure it could be a problem if they tried to use public transportation or something but that would be nonsensical if the countdown to the world's end is going on and you can just fly on your Digimon partner. So I don't know how they would approach that kind of drama in a sensible fashion. Is it just going to be the chosen just being really conflicted and apologetic because they still haven't noticed that they should put saving the world first and worry about public opinion later?

Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    Actually, I really doubt she will go ino rampage. Even the synopsis mentions that she is delicate and pure.
    If she is purer than than anyone else... then, once unleashed, her RAGE might be purer than anyone else's as well... and she'll go crazy and start glowing, and after shrouding her fist in concentrated light energy she'll start jumping around and smash the evil Digimon's faces in like Masaru.
    (actually I don't think that would happen but it would be the best part of tri if it did lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Libra View Post
    Why they are calling the dark gennai mysterious man? Isn't it in stark contrast to what hackman told Nishijima about Gennai siding with the dark side? Now they tell us he can be different from Gennai. So where the hell is the real Gennai? It's very strange that even Homeostasis think that black man is Gennai and suddenly, we are faced with a question about if these are different characters.
    Marketing material has been calling that character "Mysterious Man" since he appeared in part 2, it's nothing new. And nothing hackmon or anyone else said explicitly stated them to be the same, it all could have meant all sorts of things depending on your interpretation.

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    Some other parts of the summary also caught my eye; The "Digimon who has been been waiting for this time" just has to be Alphamon he has been gone from the story for way too long already so it's about time (and maybe him "waiting" is supposed to justify his earlier absence).
    And yeah there's the whole "something vague will totally happen to Hikari" part which was obvious from begin with, and I'll say it will probably involve the homeostasis since that would tie everything together nicely. So I'm looking forward to that although "dramatic things happening to a character" is only half the equation. The other half is if those dramatic things in question actually end up having any kind of lasting impact on the character and unfortunately tri has a history of building up lots and lots of character drama only to have the actual development awkwardly fizzle out at the end. One just has to look at the mess that was Takeru's "arc" in which he struggled with Patamon's infection throughout part 3 (which was entertaining to watch) but then the entire infection issue was solved by the reboot without involving Takeru at all which in turn eliminated any need for his character to progress in any significant way; So in the first ten or so minutes of part 4 he simply goes back from meltdown mode to non-dramatic mode as if someone just flipped his drama switch and almost nothing was accomplished character wise, everything just was fine again.
    With Hikari no doubt getting into a similar position with Falldown Mode I hope that this time they'll manage to resolve the situation meaningfully, something that pushes Hikari to do something actually new for her. Maybe she could get over her emotions and reason things out with the homeostasis, maybe she'll have to face Tailmon's hidden depths (if they even still exist), maybe her light powers will prove powerful enough to overwhelm the homeostasis in the end, there's lots of options.

The thing with Takeru's conflict is that his internal conflict seems to be that he lacked hope on Patamon's situation and distrusted on the other digidestined (Takeru hid Patamon's infection). This is partially resolved at the end of Part 3 (this can be seen during his conversation with Meiko) Also, just before Seraphimon appear, we saw that the other digidestined shows support towards Takeru.

(That said, I don't like the appearance of Seraphimon in Part 4).

It's likely that Hikari will be in a similar situation. The issue with Homeostasis and Ofanimon Faldown Mode won't probably have a lastly impact on her, but Hikari maybe overcome an internal conflict (originated by the situation).

I just hope Hikari's conflict isn't only a possession by Homeostasis.

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    The other new thing in the text is the chosen children being fugitives now, which sounds interesting until you actually think about it. I mean "people are chasing them"? What people? And how? It can't really be the military since Nishijima is still on his post and the agents seem competent enough not to mistake the kids they have probably been monitoring for years for the bad guys. Not to mention that even their specialized anti-digimon weaponry could put a scratch on Orgemon so they wouldn't even be a threat if they were serious. So what other people are left? Normal mortals? Since the kids are together with their partners those should pose the same kind of obstacle as a bunch of agitated squirrels. All they need to do is evolve any of their partners past child level and anyone who's chasing them should shit themselves and run away. Sure it could be a problem if they tried to use public transportation or something but that would be nonsensical if the countdown to the world's end is going on and you can just fly on your Digimon partner. So I don't know how they would approach that kind of drama in a sensible fashion. Is it just going to be the chosen just being really conflicted and apologetic because they still haven't noticed that they should put saving the world first and worry about public opinion later?
    I guess the problem will be similar to Part 1, where the public opinon of digimon will impact negatively in the Digimon and digidestined.
    Last edited by Kon; 04-28-2017 at 02:22 PM.

KaenKazui I think that the synopsis is referring too how the people in the school were scared of the Kuwagamon attack, and Alphamon vs Omegamon thing so now the public has turned on the Digimon in an even more extreme way.

They also never forgot about the world tour arc, Takeru has a social media site for Digidestined in part 1.

Yeah, as much as I hope that some of Theigno's scenarios play out, I am 100% expecting Hikari's development to be "Oh no, I am possessed by Homeostasis! Homeostasis does a lot of bad things! My brother saves me from being possessed! Now I am perfect again!"
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast