With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hosoya On Hiatus for Throat Treatment

Hosoya On Hiatus for Throat Treatment

It's never good news when someone has a medical issue, but it's unfortunately something that happens and all we can really do is send well wishes.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Yoshimasa Hosoya (Yamato in tri.) is currently on hiatus from work while getting treatment for his throat after a diagnosis from his doctor.

It hasn't been said exactly what the issue is, just that he intends to be back to work before the end of the year.

How (or even if) this affects Digimon Adventure tri. is unknown, and obviously isn't nearly as important as his health.

In addition,

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A few weeks ago DigiFes 2017 announced it's guests and Hosoya was missing from the list.

Whether the staff was made aware of his hiatus ahead of time or there is an alternate explanation for his not being on the guest list is not known at the moment.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes him a speedy recovery.

Thanks to ANN for the news and Neko for the heads up.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

(I'm actually shocked I was the first to alert you! Were you asleep perhaps?)

As this happened with any other Animated ova movie series? Where an actor had to take a break and it either delayed production or they found a replacement? I'm interested to see what you say since if someone is needing to go on hiatus in anime, they find a vocal replacement. Is it the same case here?

Digimon Adventure tri. Symbiosis to be released September 30th!! Be there or be square!!
    Hikari! Meiko! Show me your brave heart!!!

Actors have been replaced based on scheduling when they are on hiatus.

At the moment we don't know how this might affect tri., or even if it will.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I wonder if this has anything to do with a lack of definite date for part 5. If that were the case, though, it might be a little strange that we're just hearing about the hiatus now.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    I wonder if this has anything to do with a lack of definite date for part 5. If that were the case, though, it might be a little strange that we're just hearing about the hiatus now.
    Things like this where an actor/actress/whoever has an ailment. They may not issue a statement until it's really bad. So, it's not totally out of ine to say they didn't want to announce Hosoyan's situation until now. His hiatus may explain the absence in the Digifes as well.

As an example of delayed reporting. I don't think we heard about Wada's passing until a week after it occurred.

It's just my thoughts that they could have known he had issues two months ago, but didn't say anything until recent.

Digimon Adventure tri. Symbiosis to be released September 30th!! Be there or be square!!
    Hikari! Meiko! Show me your brave heart!!!

A real shame, problems with the throat are a nightmare for any in the acting world.

I wish him the best of luck and a speedy recovery.

Follow Tetra Seleno On Twitter
    That's a real shame -- I hope whatever ails him is not particularly serious. I wish Hosoya well as he recovers.
    Check out my Digimon blog for more Digimon-related analysis and commentary.

Add C-MC on Facebook Add C-MC on Google+ Visit C-MC's Youtube Channel
    well I wonder how this will affect Attack on titan season 2 since he voices Reiner Braun there but I'm sure that all the episodes are recorded already

I might be wrong but I think I've read somewhere that they already started recording for the last movie so I'm assuming recording for chapter 5 has finished

Quote Originally Posted by C-MC View Post
    I might be wrong but I think I've read somewhere that they already started recording for the last movie so I'm assuming recording for chapter 5 has finished
    Three actors stated they had finished recording for part 5 and gave generic statements of looking forward to how 'it' will end.

They didn't make any specific comments on what 'it' was though, it could be tri. as a whole, or seeing tri. part 5 in it's finished form (it may even generically have just been a statement to the audience at the event in regards to how the 'cliffhanger' of part 4 will be resolved in part 5.)

No mention of part 6 was made to my knowledge.

Add ShindoW on Facebook Follow ShindoW on DeviantArt Visit ShindoW's Youtube Channel
    Oh man this came outta nowhere. I hope he'll be okay. Throat problems could be so many things from a cold, to polyps, to cancer... At least they should have finished recording for Part 5.

I'm anxiously awaiting more about DigiFES. I set aside part of my savings for it this year so hopefully it will go well ^^
    Check here for latest Yamato/Gabumon news and merchandise!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast