With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digimon 2162 (Sign-up/Discussion)

Completely digital Lord Archfiend Kliff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    You could just ignore stats and just write a cooperative novel instead of using random chance to decide how the story will go?
    While I do agree on some respects, combat in RPs always seems a bit off if some sort of stat system is not in place. They saying it can't work without one but for combat especially it makes it less dull, plus critical misses are always fun, as are miraculous crits.

Completely digital MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna___ View Post
    Count me in for your RP MoT! Just need to fill out my CS :P
    great to hear

At least for me, the percentages are difficult to use as a measure. I don't know what the stats are going to mean for the character.
    In the first post, you say we should base them on how skilled the character is above average.
    So for example I could say my character has 10% in shooting skill because he has practiced a little more than the average. But does that also mean that in the game he is only going to hit 10% of the time? Because that would show he is bad at shooting. If I say my character has 100% in shooting, does that mean he automatically hits every time no matter what? That isn't the same effect as a dice roll.
    let me give you another example, say you have 0% in medicine, you can still apply a band-aid or a bandage. but if you want to make a plaster cast you would need a bit more % and if you want to remove a bullet aka operations you would need even higher of a %
    for shooting average would be someone who never hold a gun before, at 10% you atleast have been to a shooting range and now how to aim, this would already be enough for hitting the enemy, but if you want to hit specific body parts you would need better aim=%
    at 100% you never miss, unless you want to shoot someone in the eye from half a mile away, in such cases i will decrease the chances accordingly to how difficult a certain task is.
    Digimon Split Timeline Theory
    http://i.imgur.com/aXSNbBj.png
    Digimon All Evolution Trees
    http://imgur.com/a/osxRA

I still don't get why you would rather tie in success rate with arbitrary values instead of an actual dice roll, but I edited my character's stats.

Completely digital Lord Archfiend Kliff's Avatar
    I think my character is good enough for now, might change the partner line, too make it fit in more with the other character’s lines, mine seems too normal.

-------------

Name: Sarah Rey
    Appearance:
    Sarah has bright orange hair, light green eyes and fair skin. She stand at a relatively small 1,61 meters and is kinda chubby. Normally dressed in comfortable clothing that would allow easy movimentation. For example, a black and green waterproof jacket, a beige sleeveless sweater, jean shorts, black trainers, black-framed glasses and usually a jean flat cap. Some time uses her safety goggles outside of work.
    Backstory: Sarah was taken in a very welcoming and warm, government funded, foster home, that welcomed many homeless kids, since her parents had abandoned her at a young age. Even though she had very little contact with her parents she never resented them having to leave her behind since life was harsh. Due to that knowledge she decided to study hard and focus only on one useful work; so she did and she devoted herself entirely to mechanics and metal works in order to land her a job in the military, mostly outclassing all of her brothers and sisters in a lot of the school work they had. This passion for steel and mechanics first came to her when she was helping in the kitchen and all she could focus on was all the magical equipments that did so much for the people around her, it was around that time that she nearly gutted herself with a kitchen knife, almost bled out and left her with a horrible phobia to blood. Her social life is still fairly active but she never fully connected with people and she naturally distanced herself from those who she didn’t instantly like; so she has a lot of acquaintances but not a lot of friends, but the ones she does are really close. Usually has uncooked carrots with her as snacks.
    Personality: Rey normally is focused and easily motivates herself to do whatever she wants, so she can be a bit bold and direct on what she wants. Quite a bit of an hothead and emotion driven since she always thinks she’s right and doesn’t usually take advices or waits for feedback from others, but she does often reflect on how people interact with her or with her Digimon. Even though she’s a hot head, she breaks this habits when under pressure or when in self doubt. Get’s easily attached to material things.She’s pretty active and cheerful but not necessarily an extrovert.

Her starting gear includes:
    Gun- M1911 (IDK if more would be ok but if so a UMP45)
    Melee weapon- A wrench or something of the like
    Analyser- A modified old-timey, slightly rusty silver pokcet watch. A heirloom of her parents that she tinkered with.

Actions: (170)
    Shoot- 65
    Feats of Strength- 65
    Athletics- 40

Social: (140)
    Side-tracking Conversations- 40
    Making Shit Up- 30
    Smalltalk- 70

Knowledge: (190)
    Cooking- 40
    Digimon Lore- 50
    Mechanics- 100

Medicine- -100*
    *at least she knows how to handle burns.

Digimon: Vobomon->FlaWizarmon

Backstory: Vobomon has a peculiar taste in chaos, something inside of him enjoys the sweep sound of fire burning and even the occasional scream of distress. Outside of that, Vobomon really admires those who are above him, being stronger or more experienced, he likes to serve stronger Digimon, demonic tyrants and draconic overlords, in general any chaotic being with some good stories to tell, even if all they inspire him to do only bad things like bullying small Digimon or take and destroy all around him. Once he takes hold of an item he tends to hoard it as some sort of natural dragon instinct, but he treasures above all shiny stones and gifts from his peers. He takes extreme shame in his limited ability to fly and gets embarrassed when people either mess with his wings or mention them. Dislikes vegetables.
    Personality: Bold and headstrong, a bit of an hot head, set on bringing the world under his rule (and Rey’s too). Shares everything with Sarah, specially when it comes to Digimon stories. A big tease, has a particular distaste for crybabies, even if one himself, very protective of people, gets easily jealous and has a knack for stealing. A lot of potential for evil, but too oblivious to know if he is doing right or wrong. Easily manipulated and reckless in combat.

Attack- 55
    Defense- 15
    Evasion- 30

---------------

Edit: Now that I read how it works it makes a lot more sense, nevermind.
    Last edited by Lord Archfiend Kliff; 04-28-2017 at 01:59 PM.

an UMP45 should be fine

RP Thread:
    https://withthewill.net/threads/1758...014#post311014

let´s get the RP started, if some latecomers still wanna join i´ll write them in later, maybe someone gets interested after seeing the RP thread, who knows.

as for Deino and Exodd, here is your basic town map:
    http://i.imgur.com/ckJLcyL.jpg
    the lines connecting the buildings a bridges.

battles gonna be turn based, akin to cyber sleuth.

i´m also gonna post characters from the City and their story here:

Charlie, the Chief
    Image Thumbnail
    He holds the highest position in terms of police/military in Neo Chicago, he always has a serious face and keeps himself motivated even though what fate gave him.
    To remind himself to push harder he wears the red scarf of his dead sister around his biceps and the dog tags of all his comrades on his necklace.

George, the Mechanic
    Image Thumbnail
    George is the guy who can turn garbage into something worthwhile, he mostly lurks around the garage, his personal workshop.
    He doesn´t talk much but has always an open ear for the people of the town.

Greece (A.K.A The place with old, boring, historical stuff which is bankrupt now)
    Follow Anna___ on DeviantArt
    Character Sheet

Name: Sir Reginald D. Owens II

Appearance:
    Reginald is a man of towering stature, standing around 180cm. He has a fair complexion, while his body is tall and slender. Reginald's face is long and sharp, and he has combed short black hair, red eyes and a handlebar mustache. His usual attire consists of a black three-piece suit, a red necktie and pocket square, brown dress shoes and usually boasts a monocle on his face.

Backstory: Reginald grew up in a wealthy high society household as his father was an owner of several mines containing valuable minerals. From a very early age etiquette and manners were heavily instilled in Reginald's mind. His education included a multitude of subjects, but he shone at conducting business due to his outstanding charisma. He also was quite skilled at fencing, learning it as to have a means of protecting himself and exercising through an "acceptable" sport. Nowadays, he is a very successful businessman, handling his father's mines and other estates he has gained.

Personality: Beneath the distancing exterior Reginald puts up, due to social etiquette requiring emotional distance, lies a very kind and caring man. He is very friendly and extroverted and can form bonds very easily. Reginald takes many things for granted because he hasn't experienced many things outside his own lifestyle. He isn't willing to try things out of his comfort zone, either. Reginald can be quite empathetic and finds it easy to imagine himself in others' shoes. Due to his charisma, he finds it very easy to communicate with people, he can be very convincing (a good trait to have in business) and is an extremely good liar.

Starting Gear:

• Pistol
    • Rapier
    • Analyzer (Reginald's Monocle)

Human Stats:
    Actions
    Fencing (80%)
    Shooting (45%)
    Dancing (15%)

Social
    Diplomacy (100%)
    Deception (60%)
    Empathy (70%)

Knowledge
    History (40%)
    Politics (70%)
    Art (20%)

Digimon: Shamamon -> Kinkakumon

Backstory: Shamamon was one of those unfortunate Digimon who hatched all alone in the wilderness. She grew up all alone with no one to care for her. She has fought many times just to survive. The harsh wilderness is her home and knows how to navigate it and live from it. She has never done something that isn't related to her survival because she has to always keep moving and doing as the law of the jungle is "survival of the strongest".

Personality: Shamamon is a brash and brute individual, tending not accept the suggestions of those around her since she considers herself the only knowledgeable source when it comes to the world. She has a knack for picking fights with those she shouldn't, mostly to prove her grounds and to impose her strength. It's usually hard to detach her from the people she grows attached to, mostly due to her lack of company when young. Dislikes know it alls and solitary types, as she values unity and teamwork even if she didn't have those experiences growing up.

Digimon Stats:

Attack (60%)
    Defense (20%)
    Evasion (20%)

updated the RP thread with the addition of Reginald.
    https://withthewill.net/threads/1758...014#post311014

i´m glad we have now 3 players

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12