With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon 2162 (Sign-up/Discussion)

Completely digital MasterOfTartarus's Avatar

Digimon 2162 (Sign-up/Discussion)

(ambient music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8ELH4jxPl8)

In the Year 2012 NASA picked up on massive activities in Cosmic radiation on the Suns surface and before we even know a solar flare was heading our way.
    The Elite of our scientists worked day and night for solutions, but it was already to late.
    The solar flare had arrived and with it came a world wide EMP, frying all electronics around the globe.
    Communication and Technology was lost, society fell into war and riots.

What we didnīt realize was that this EMP not only affected us but also another world, a world compromised of Data, a mirror reflection of Mankinds own technology.
    Naturally the Event that caused the destruction of our tech caused in that other world huge distortions.
    First only a couple of the creature from the other world leaked over and soon the land changed too. both worlds began to overlap,
    within two years the distortions reached itīs climax and our world and their world became one.

it was like mankind has been thrown back into Stoneage.

That was 150 years ago.
    Mankind has recovered from this ordeal, even though the world never gonna be the same again.
    Those Digital Monster still roam the world and human civilization only exists in small numbers in
    secluded save citys.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

--Neo Chicago/File Forest Outskirts--

The City of Neo Chicago is one of those save citys.
    One of the last save citys of the former USA, or as the monsters claim Folder Continent.
    The few hundred sole survivors of the former North states have gathered here, working hand in hand.

You have been selected for a scouting mission into an unknown part of File Forest,
    scans show that this area shoud still hold some important resources like Titanium and Aluminium.
    You gather your gear and make your way to the Garage, the spot where you are supposed to gather.
    upon your arrival you see Charlie, the Chief of defense for Neo Chicago, he was asigned to lead your team on the scouting mission.
    You greet him and pack your belonging into the Jeep, one of the last remaining vehicles in town,
    rusty and itīs top torn off by the monster, yet it still functions solid enough.

You sit down in a seat and wait till you head out.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

welcome to this one-shot RP, as you see i tried to break from the usual norm of modern world for a post-apcalyptic/cyberpunk setting.
    should make things a bit more interesting i assume and maybe spark up some more interest into RPs again.
    for the same reason this will be a shorter adventure, with only Child and Adult level digimon for the tamers.

i welcome anyone who is interested

as for your characters this should be your character sheet:

Name:
    Backstory:
    Personality:

your starting gear includes:
    a gun (you may choose yourself what kind, but keep it realistic and keep in mind that bullets are rather hard to come by)
    a mellee weapon (again choose yourself but keep it realistic)
    an analyser (it shows enemy digimon data, it can have the form of a scouter or a visior ect. whatever you like)

human stats,
    you may put 500% in a number of stats (min 10%, max 100%) 10%=basic knowledge, 100%=master expert
    you donīt have to list basic things, but youre only average at those if you donīt invest points.
    those % are also the sucess rate if you try to do certain things (dice roll)

there are 3 groups: Actions-Social-Knowlege
    you can freely choose what kinda stuff you want, but for example:

actions:
    shoot
    punch
    climb

social:
    lie
    cheer
    smalltalk

knowledge:
    medicine
    math
    mechanics

those stats should represent your character, so keep that in mind.
    (for example if you are not the doctor of the town you ainīt gonna have 100%medicine, and as the doctor you wonīt have 100%in mechanics.)

Digimon: (Child-Adult)
    Backstory:
    Personality:

for your Digimon you may spent 100%into:
    Attack-Defense-Evasion

your Digimon has 100HP
    the humans are more fragile, each digimon hit will degrade your well being by one stage:
    full health>armor torn>wounded>critical>dead

have fun!
    Last edited by MasterOfTartarus; 04-12-2017 at 04:37 AM.

I'm wondering what the Digimon perspective is in this scenario. What was the Digital World generally like before the merge? Is this something new for Digimon to ally with humans or have they cooperated for a while?

Digimon and Humans have been enemys for the past 150 years, no cooperations so far, atleast in the area this story takes place.
    The Digital World before the merge was similair to the Digital Worlds we have seen before, mostly wild areas with a couple villages here and there.
    i leave the rest in mystery for story purposes

Here is what I came up with.

Name: Jeb Miller
    Apperance: Tall and brawny. Light skin. Dark eyes. Short black hair and beard. Wears a buttoned shirt, jeans, and hiking boots. Also wears a tan cotton jacket with his ammunition and flask stored in the pockets.

Backstory: Much of Jeb's childhood was spent traveling with a tiny delegation mostly made up of descendants of farmers. Whenever Digimon would attack, they fled into woods or ruins until they could return to their quest. Their mission was to establish a new agricultural community, but they had to relocate so often that they may as well have been nomads. In his late teens, Jeb finally convinced his aging parents to try resettling in a city. They struggled to fit in, but they managed to carve a place for themselves by applying what they knew best. They set up a garden project near the city's edge, which Jeb now manages. He also set up a side business concocting both natural medicines and liquor.

Personality: Jeb is generally friendly unless he is crossed. However, he tries not to draw a lot of attention to himself, especially from 'inner city folk' that might try to interrupt his lifestyle. Hiking and foraging in the forests helps him unwind, despite the potential danger of doing so. Now that his elders are able to live in relative safety, he mostly just tries to pass the time and have fun when possible, but he often wonders if his peace can last. He likes to entertain others by telling stories about encounters with monsters.

Starting Gear:
    - Rifled-barrel shotgun
    - Survival knife
    - Analyzer (a thin tablet attached around the wrist like a watch)

Stats:

Actions
    Dig - 10%
    Guard - 30%
    Punch - 50%
    Search - 70%
    Shoot - 50%
    Sneak - 40%
    Sprint - 70%

Social
    Improvise - 10%
    Intimidate - 30%

Knowledge
    Botany - 100%
    Medicine - 30%
    Mechanics - 10%

Digimon: Compassmon -> Kiwimon

Backstory: Compassmon hatched in the wreckage of what was apparently once a sprawling industrial area. He and the other mechanical Digimon that lived there were tasked with gathering scrap metal data to expand their territory. However, their commander also often gorged on their constructs, impeding their progress yet still expecting them to rebuild. As the days passed, Compassmon caught himself gazing more and more beyond the borders of the territory. One day, fed up with his contributions amounting to zero, he started to secretly eat larger portions of what he had scavenged himself. This allowed him to evolve to his present stage, but he knew he would likely become part of a building if found out. He chose a direction, north, and set out into the unknown.

Personality: Compassmon loves to explore. He has a nagging feeling that he should be doing something more productive, but he is reluctant to stay in any one place too long. He also takes care to avoid large settlements, preferring open spaces where escape seems easier if necessary. His cravings for metal have faded over time since there isn't much to find in the outskirts anyway.

Stats:

Attack - 20%
    Defense - 50%
    Evasion - 30%
    Last edited by Exodd; 04-15-2017 at 05:48 PM.

maybe i was not clear enough, the humans stats i listed are only examples, you can come up with anything you like and with as many as you like.
    for your character, looking at his backstory maybe stuff like: hiding, botany, persuade. let your imagination run wild

the rest looks good, i like your char.

I guess I don't exactly understand the purpose of the stats and percentages.
    Seems like listing stats is a different way to present some of the same information that is in the backstory and personality. Basically a list of what the character could reasonably be considered above average at?
    If the percentages are supposed to be based on success rate, that should partly depend on the target/situation, so they shouldn't be set beforehand. If they are intended as a system to help determine the impacts of dice rolls, I think that is something the GM should decide. There should probably be a different way to assign skill points, but is there something else they would have an effect on?
    Last edited by Exodd; 04-14-2017 at 05:12 AM.

well itīs a combination of the things you have mentioned, it basically is a gameplay mechanic based on your character, it allows you to approach different situations with a bunch of solutions
    for example you could unlock a door or break it down, the % is the sucess rate=dice roll.

if you donīt have a certain stat you wonīt be able to do certain actions, thatīs why i donīt gonna distribute the stats for you, i also think it is more fun that way since you can approach things however you like.

You could just ignore stats and just write a cooperative novel instead of using random chance to decide how the story will go?
    Bat-Guilmon's utility belt is mostly full of bread.

Greece (A.K.A The place with old, boring, historical stuff which is bankrupt now)
    Follow Anna___ on DeviantArt
    Count me in for your RP MoT! Just need to fill out my CS :P

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfTartarus View Post
    well itīs a combination of the things you have mentioned, it basically is a gameplay mechanic based on your character, it allows you to approach different situations with a bunch of solutions
    for example you could unlock a door or break it down, the % is the sucess rate=dice roll.
    At least for me, the percentages are difficult to use as a measure. I don't know what the stats are going to mean for the character.
    In the first post, you say we should base them on how skilled the character is above average.
    So for example I could say my character has 10% in shooting skill because he has practiced a little more than the average. But does that also mean that in the game he is only going to hit 10% of the time? Because that would show he is bad at shooting. If I say my character has 100% in shooting, does that mean he automatically hits every time no matter what? That isn't the same effect as a dice roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ukyou View Post
    You could just ignore stats and just write a cooperative novel instead of using random chance to decide how the story will go?
    If RPs are to be treated only as fanfiction, why not just call them fanfiction?
    Last edited by Exodd; 04-14-2017 at 08:24 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast