With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: AppliMonsters Episode 28: Applidrive DUO! Offmon Appears

Yeah... I doubt Harujin going to happen. Outside of western area LGBT is not viewed as positive and in my area(I live in South East Asia) getting caught being interested in the same sex would destroy your social live, Toei probably saw it as something you never teach kid.
    The only anime that get away with it if I remember correctly is Sailor moon and that caused a lot of controversy.
    Last edited by salman332; 04-18-2017 at 10:24 PM.

I come from the net
    I thought we were just joking. This is the standard Yaoi/Yuri pair that won't happen but is very popular. Look at Adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Neo View Post
    I thought we were just joking. This is the standard Yaoi/Yuri pair that won't happen but is very popular. Look at Adventure.
    While I truly believe Haru and Yuujin won't get together, I can easily say this went far beyond digimon has ever went with two human characters of the same sex in just a couple episodes. We've even got Gatchmon seemingly questioning their sexuality and assuming they're on a date just from how they act with each other

I just remember.
    Dantemon was turned to stone and saw Appli Driver getting into the deep web.
    Now, the Appli get out using Minerva watch.
    That mean Dantemon didn't know the Appli Driver is out in the real world.
    The guy must waiting for leaviathan to be defeated while worried sick for the kids that never come back...

Add KaenKazui on Google+ Follow KaenKazui on DeviantArt
    Well, technically Japan is mostly in the "Don't ask, don't tell" area, when it comes to homosexuallity. It is not seen as that much of a problem, if you are not going around telling everyone. At least officially. And technically homosexuality had always played a bigger role in japanese art - plus... Just look at the presence in anime/manga.

Heck, there are even some shows in the same age gab as Digimon that pulled of officially homosexual characters (YGO 5D's comes to mind).

Just... Toei... Toei so far has done lots and lots of queerbaiting, but rarely anything more. I mean, as somebody who watched also PreCure... That show is filled to the brim with queerbaiting between the girls, but the closest we ever got to "officially gay" was probably Mana/Regina, who had an actual confession going on. Just one, where it was a bit open whether Regina actually understood, what the heck she was saying.

Either way, now we know why Haru was blushing when Yuujin was putting a ribbon on his hair .
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

Is that stuff of one-minute limit for Ultimates still a thing?
    Because when Globemon was fighting Satellamon I could swear more than one minutes has passed, the time limit screen didn't even appear in Haru's applidriver and he simply reverted back into Gatchmon because of the damage taken by shielding the kids.
    Besides Revivemon stayed Revivemon more than one minute too. And Warudamon obviously didn't get that lousy limit.
    Gives me the feeling that only applies in the first times they evolve into that stage.

I just don't understand why 99% of the fandom makes such a big fuss over possible homosexuality in Appmon. It's nothing special.
    Last edited by SoftMonKeychains; 04-20-2017 at 06:54 AM.

Follow ReiKatsura On Twitter
    Yes the timelimit still is a thing. It just to be more than one minute (at least for the kids) because of the time passes while watching the episode. This doesnt mean its also more than a minute in the anime itself

Quote Originally Posted by SoftMonKeychains View Post
    Is that stuff of one-minute limit for Ultimates still a thing?
    Because when Globemon was fighting Satellamon I could swear more than one minutes has passed, the time limit screen didn't even appear in Haru's applidriver and he simply reverted back into Gatchmon because of the damage taken by shielding the kids.
    Besides Revivemon stayed Revivemon more than one minute too. And Warudamon obviously didn't get that lousy limit.
    Gives me the feeling that only applies in the first times they evolve into that stage.

I just don't understand why 99% of the fandom makes such a big fuss over possible homosexuality in Appmon. It's nothing special.
    It still is, thus episode even mention that they need to find a way to stay invincible while in the deep web but they have no way to contact Minerva.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftMonKeychains View Post
    Because the politics of allowing homosexuality in a children's show have a huge impact on how the narrative of the show will go. Simply put, if Haru was a girl, every would see the romance subplot/character arc from a thousand miles away and be able to predict how the plot will go. But since Haru is a guy, the strict anti-homosexuality policy in children's shows makes Haru and Yuujin's relationship less obvious, so people don't know what to expect from the plot.It's important because it effects the story.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast