With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: The 1st Volume of the Digimon Universe: AppliMonsters Manga is Out! Scans & Breakdown

The 1st Volume of the Digimon Universe: AppliMonsters Manga is Out! Scans & Breakdown

The first volume of the Appmon manga is out!

This isn't the full volume, just the cover and general contents, much like we do for disks.

The embedded files are smaller JPGs from our gallery, so those shouldn't have any bandwidth issues. Click the images for big versions.

The scans went well, even if it was a bit stressful (I edited them while scanning something else, and wrote this while scanning yet something else.)

The manga is tightly bound, so if there are any lines that don't appear straight, that's why (it's bound tight enough that it curves differently from place to place.)

The cover is at the top of this article, and I really like it (which is actually a slipcover.) Akamine has a unique art style that has a fun look to it. It also lends it a look that's significantly different than the anime, which can be a positive or negative based on what you are looking for. The coloring is fantastic all around.

And then we have the back cover...

The back cover... honestly... I'm not feeling it. I think it's the placement of Haru and Rei's eyes. I know it's meant to be a down angle on them, but it just looks odd to me. The coloring is far more subdued than the front cover. That isn't good or bad, just different.

Since I could get it flat we also have the spine of the slipcover.

I actually like the spine design, minus that to stick to Haru and Gatchmon from the cover, it feels like they had to crop out a bit to much of Haru's goggles.

The slipcover continues on (to hold onto the manga volume.)

First we have the part connected to the front cover. It appears to be a message from Akamine, along with... some sort of character with Gatchmon (the character represents him I assume.)

The back features that really nice promo art we saw early on when the manga was brand new (I want to say this was also the chapter 1 image in V-Jump.)
    Both images are really nice, and we should have a translation of the message from Akamine soon.

Underneath the slipcover we have the front and back cover printed on the book itself..

The front is just the cover image using reds and oranges. While a bit harsh to the eye, I actually like the way it looks for some reason.

The back is a fun image of Haru and various Appmon along with another message.

The manga had an obi running around the bottom of the slipcover.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The inner frontcover portion of the obi has a bit of advertising for V-Jump.
    The primary portion of the obi has information relating to the manga itself (including it's bonus item) along with various Appmon information, including regarding the new time slot.
    On the inner back cover portion of the obi it has the Appmon logo along with some basic information.

And then last up... is the bonus item!

An exclusive Globemon card for the Appmon DCD game, that also includes Haru, drawn by Naoki Akamine, the artist/author of the manga. Really great looking artwork here. If you look closely, you will see various areas of the card that appear slightly discolored. The card has a really nice holofoil effect that catches light really nicely.

The back of the card has various stat/information bits for the card.

The back of the card had an odd yellow sheen on it. I did an alternative edit where I color corrected it. In addition, I removed and replaced the QR code (most Appmon QR codes seem to be unique, not sure about this card, but did it anyways.)

It's a nice bonus item for the manga. I like the art on cards, so it's still a cool thing to have, even though I've never played the DCD game, and have no intention to.

The paper used for the manga is a soft paper, but significantly better than V-Jumps paper. I suspect it won't take to being carried around or roughed up much, but for normal reading and sitting on a shelf I expect it'll last fine (although I suspect it will yellow something fierce.)

The art is really nice, and I hope whenever the Appmon anime gets picked up, the manga also does. Hopefully we also get a volume release for Appmon Gakuen soon.

Volume 1 of the Digimon Universe: AppliMonsters manga is still available at CDJapan (Affiliate Links.) I'm unaware if current stock includes the card or not.

Digimon Universe: AppliMonsters Manga Volume 1

Lots of Digimon and Appmon stuff is coming out soon and donations would be appreciated so we can make sure we can continue to get Digimon materials to share with everyone.

Images are hosted on our gallery and embedded on the forum, so let us know if anything is acting up.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow G-SANtos On Twitter
    By the way, the back cover is the cover of chapter 6, "Minerva and Leviathan!!".
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Junior Commander
    Follow Emperordramon On Twitter Follow Emperordramon on DeviantArt Visit Emperordramon's Youtube Channel
    Oh man, I actually really like the art of this manga, it reminds me of Soul Eater.

Follow ReiKatsura On Twitter
    I would really like to get those mangas but I can't read japan...and I guess the chance of those mangas coming to germany is...0...

I come from the net
    These really do look nice. Great art. That bonus item is really cool.