With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | Chatroom | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digimon Adventure "The Real World" Exhibition in May

Digimon Adventure "The Real World" Exhibition in May

A special Digimon Adventure exhibition will be held soon.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Digimon Adventure: The Real World will be held at the Laforet Museum Harajuku. The museum is the entire 6th floor of the Laforet Harajuku department store (they use the term department store, but most of us in the west would likely recognize it as being something more akin to a mall.)

Beginning on May 3rd and ending on May 14th the event will be effectively 'Digimon Adventure' in "The Real World" (hence the title.)

Digimon Adventure: The Real World will contain various scenes from Digimon Adventure reproduced physically in the museum. These will also include photo spots for fans.

The event will be open between 11am and 9pm each day (with no more people allowed in once it's 8pm.)

Advance tickets will be on sale beginning April 8th at 10am via Lawson using L Code 39500.

Advance ticket costs:
    With Commemorative Items: Adults- 3,000 yen, Middle/High School Students- 2,500 yen
    Normal Tickets: Adults- 1,500 yen, Middle/High School Students-1,000 yen

Tickets at the door:
    With Commemorative Items: Adults- 3,300 yen, Middle/High School Students- 2,800 yen
    Normal Tickets: Adults- 1800 yen, Middle/High School Students-1,300 yen

The Commemorative items for those who want them will be a medal and a wristband of currently unknown designs (tickets with commemorative items may not always be sold at the door based on current stock levels.)

No price is listed for elementary school aged and younger because they get in free! But they do have to be accompanied by someone older.

Merchandise to be sold at the event will be announced at a later date.

Event planning is by Toei in collaboration with Bandai and Bandai Namco Entertainment and the event is sponsored by GG7.

Up above is the key art for the exhibition/event, but we also have it super clean without the background bits.
    Image Thumbnail (custom)

More details to come soon!

Update- Director Kakudou (who of course directed both Adventure and 02) posted a photo to Twitter.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

He's commented that it looks interesting and that he is looking forward to it.

Based on him flipping through various papers clipped together having to do with 'The Real World' you have to wonder if he's involved in some way, or just been asked to look over some of what they are doing.

Update- Lawson has put up a page for the event on their ticket site, along with some information (most of it we knew, but it's a bit cleaned up.)

The event space is divided into various areas, including exhibits that recreate different scenes [from the show] and photo-taking spots where you can take pictures with the characters. Look forward to designs drawn by Kenji Watanabe as well. Not only that, many original goods specific to this event and products with art specially drawn for the event will be on sale. This exhibition can be enjoyed by not only children, but adults who have watched the original series when it aired, bringing back fond memories!

Advance tickets can be purchased for any date of the exhibit, but will only be sold between April 8th and May 2nd. You can also pick what time you want the tickets to be for- 11:10am, 1pm, 3pm, or 5pm.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

...Well that's a shame it's not tri. Cause now i can't imagine giving Meiko a kiss on those soft cheeks of hers. Cleaning her glasses to make sure she is as beautiful as always.

Digimon Adventure tri. Symbiosis to be released September 30th!! Be there or be square!!
    Hikari! Meiko! Show me your brave heart!!!

Follow Rexanimon on DeviantArt
    If only I had the money to go to Japan in a month!!! That is so cool I hope our friends in Japan take lots of photos for us! Sounds like a cool event!
    Execute... UNIFIED SPIRIT EVOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanimon View Post
    If only I had the money to go to Japan in a month!!! That is so cool I hope our friends in Japan take lots of photos for us! Sounds like a cool event!
    I found a ton of Japanese fans on Twitter somehow, and they usually upload photos of various Digimon events so I'll be keeping an eye out there.

I remember awhile back someone on the boards here went to Japan and did an Adventure tour of all the places that were used for sets and I was sort of reminded of that.

I wish I had the chance to visit Japan for Digimon stuff like this, I can't wait for pictures at least.

I come from the net
    ...While I might agree with Haruko, I think this is really cool. And really annoying that we can't get there since it's just in Japan.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanimon View Post
    hope our friends in Japan take lots of photos for us!
    Let's hope they video the whole thing too.

I'm a Maniac
    This sounds really interesting. Have they ever done something like this with another series so we know what to expect? I'm hoping for some major photo updates this time too since there will be actual photo spots. They sometimes don't allow cameras at all like in those Sailor Moon events. Also I found that really nice, big, clean image pretty amusing since we have to deal with blurry thumbnails for new Digimon things so often! Haha.

Posted a bit of updated information up above.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

New thread in a moment.