With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Arresterdramon & Shoutmon x3GM

Add Gigamon23 on Facebook Follow Gigamon23 on DeviantArt

Arresterdramon & Shoutmon x3GM

It probably shows how closely I paid attention to the whole Xros Wars/Fusion era, but has anyone else remarked on how similar Shoutmon x3GM and Arresterdramon are? I just got a Shoutmon x3GM card in Digimon Heroes (Crusader), and I had never encountered him before. I think it's probably my favorite Shoutmon fusion now. Shoutmon x3SD is a close second, though. (Which I discovered looking up x3GM. ^^' )

(Images from Wikimon.)

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Virus Busters. At last we will have revenge."
    My Stuff: Digimon: AR Monsters, Digi-Doodles!, My OC Digimon, V-Pet Blog

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    I get the feeling that X3GM was originally made as a fusion of X3 + Arresterdramon but Arresterdramon got swapped with MetalGreymon since there wasn't a X3 + MetalGreymon fusion while there were fusions for both X3 + AxeKnightmon (X3SD) and AxeKnightmon + MetalGreymon (GreyKnightsmon).
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Actually, X3GM, X3SD, and GreyKnightsmon were all created at the same time to debut in Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars. Arresterdramon was introduced seven months later the same year.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    The fact that the three fusions and Arresterdramon were revealed in the same year albeit seven months apart means that they could've still been in development around the same time, they just didn't see the need to release Arresterdramon until later presumably for Hunters.

After all, we don't know what the average development period is for a single Digimon species and it's not like there was a difference of several years like we've seen with some lines, most notably the original Cyberdramon line.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 04-01-2017 at 05:19 PM.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Wow I'm a huge Xros Wars lover and I have never noticed this similarity before, but it's cool :O I agree with you, Shoutmon X3 GM & SD are probably my favourite Shoutmon's Xrosses too. Wish they appear in more videogames apart from Super Xros Wars. I remember that I want them so bad while playing the Digimon Xros Loader:
    Last edited by Shadow Shinji; 04-01-2017 at 06:46 PM.

I'm going digital SuperStarlite's Avatar
    Follow SuperStarlite On Twitter Follow SuperStarlite on DeviantArt Visit SuperStarlite's Youtube Channel
    Why is it that the fusions that didn't appear in the show seem to be the best designed?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperordramon View Post
    Why is it that the fusions that didn't appear in the show seem to be the best designed?
    Probably because they didn't have to be designed with collectable combiner toys in mind.

Wow. I'm surprised I've never seen that shoutmon x3gm before. It really does look like arresterdramon.